Wall Observer - The PPC Price Speculation Thread

Today last 15 blocks were ALL POS! And only 1,430 PPC generated in last 24hrs!

Winner.

It’ll only have an impact if people were putting those newly minted coins on the market.

If not, then the total supply on the exchange will remain constant and I don’t think it’ll have much effect on the price.

This post:

Coinmarketcap.com is flawed and is not a good source of info

…re-iterates why you shouldn’t use them as an informational reference. I wish this information would go viral, it’s completely flawed.

Ok, let’s revive this thread!

Are we at 13 or 15? 8)

14 … This was one of my fav threads

When did we last see the BTC/PPC exchange rate like it is today?

at November the 28th http://markets.d7.lt/
also, do you know what happened exactly on November the 26th?

Most Online Today: 135. Most Online Ever: 723 (November 26, 2013, 07:45:11 pm)

This has to be a great buy opportunity right? right???

Possibly, and wait for those other 700 people online (and buying) :wink:

It’s futile to guess the bottom. Choose a technical indicator you understand and wait for it to show the bottom. It may not be right but at least you made a reasoned decision.
Keep your confidence and remember these times.

Love to look @ ppc/usd chart recently - no stabilization fund, how? :smiley: (albeit I’ve bought a lot higher - good lesson)
We’ve got nice divergence on RSI, looks like ppl like $2 prices.

It’s futile to guess the bottom. Choose a technical indicator you understand and wait for it to show the bottom. It may not be right but at least you made a reasoned decision.
Keep your confidence and remember these times.[/quote]

Always nice to keep a historical perspective, so much has happened since that time. Looking forward to seeing peercoin continue to develop and grow

An increase in price would be nice as well. Go Peercoin Go :clap:

Can someone experienced in Tech. Analys. explain differences in ACCUM/DIST between PPC and LTC, and possible consequences for future prices resulting from this?

I wouldn’t say I’m super experienced with technical analysis but I wouldn’t read so much into that chart and indicator, the reason being that the liquidity is not very consistent. Also note that in the PPC one, most of the change in the indicator is happening in 2 days, 3 weeks ago.

My personal (possibly very wrong) belief is that there’s a continuing downtrend at least in the short term, both trendlines and volume patterns support this. It’s also broken the $2 support convincingly. Barring some kind of “news” in the cryptocoins scene I think the trend will probably continue for a little.

I saw lots and lots of posts during the November to December timeframe where people were lamenting the fact that they had missed an earlier opportunity and should have “bought more when Peercoin was trading for under $2/PPC.”

Here’s your opportunity!

Think about it for a second:

Peercoin’s fundamentals haven’t changed. We haven’t seen a huge increase in the number of coins, the network has been and continues to be secure, and the development of both the underlying protocol and connected services is expanding at a rate that hasn’t been seen before.

I can’t predict the future, so I can’t tell you if we’re nearing the bottom, if we’re about to see an uptick, or if the slide will continue. I can tell you, however, that the only way that Peercoin will sink into obscurity is if people give up on it – I don’t plan on doing that, so I guess there will always be one of us keeping the candle burning.

Before Peercoin acquires a life of its own (about time now. But watch for bubbles) its price is more or less following the altcoin pack.

When there is a promise that BTC/USD will appreciate greatly, people sell altcoins (actually sell anything) to get into BTC/USD market. When BTC/USD becomes too expensive to many people, people will look at depressions in ALT/BTC market. EVERY altcoin will go up against BTC then. It may happen in a few days even hours. After the ALT/BTC is saturated (too expensive… everyone says I wish I bought… those who have bought bask in euphoria) then it is about time for a correction. BTC/USD will be the first. ALT/BTC will follow soon after.

Get on with the program. Don’t complain that the fat lady is not singing during the prelude.

[quote=“Ben, post:216, topic:106”]I saw lots and lots of posts during the November to December timeframe where people were lamenting the fact that they had missed an earlier opportunity and should have “bought more when Peercoin was trading for under $2/PPC.”

Here’s your opportunity!

Think about it for a second:

Peercoin’s fundamentals haven’t changed. We haven’t seen a huge increase in the number of coins, the network has been and continues to be secure, and the development of both the underlying protocol and connected services is expanding at a rate that hasn’t been seen before.

I can’t predict the future, so I can’t tell you if we’re nearing the bottom, if we’re about to see an uptick, or if the slide will continue. I can tell you, however, that the only way that Peercoin will sink into obscurity is if people give up on it – I don’t plan on doing that, so I guess there will always be one of us keeping the candle burning.[/quote]
So true and there are many developments on the way or to be revealed soon. At the time of writing PPC already appreciated 5% so don’t complain to us later that you missed the opportunity. No guarantees though :wink:

And there’s your rally! Up 20% since I fell asleep last night lol.

I should really stop being lazy and go fund my BTC-E account.