Wall Observer - The PPC Price Speculation Thread

This is interesting: Looking at the PPC/BTC chart on Bitcoinwisdom, notice that for the last 2 months, the price spikes after about the 25th of each month.

In November it spiked about 157%
In December it spiked about 94%
In January …what will it do? ~37% seem reasonable? (in terms of PPC/BTC)

+2876.4561%, or so, but I don’t want to be too specific.

[quote=“Alertness, post:181, topic:106”]This is interesting: Looking at the PPC/BTC chart on Bitcoinwisdom, notice that for the last 2 months, the price spikes after about the 25th of each month.

In November it spiked about 157%
In December it spiked about 94%
In January …what will it do? ~37% seem reasonable? (in terms of PPC/BTC)[/quote]

Possibly random chance. Or… possibly the “money paycheque” for those who are paid bi-weekly (where the first pay-cheque goes to monthly bills and basics), or who are paid monthly (replenished funds).

If you start seeing this trend after 3-4 months you should be trading against it. :slight_smile:

You’re always the eternal pessimist Ben.

You’re always the eternal pessimist Ben.[/quote]

I plan on shorting PPC, but I’ll hold off until next month :stuck_out_tongue:

I was being semi-serious. If you look in September it also increased after the 25th of the month.

You were, so my apologies for the temporary derail. Realistically, while I do see the apparent trend, I’m less sure if the trend is motivated by the same market conditions, but rather, different triggers that coincidentally occurred on or right after the 25th of each month.

I would need to look at a couple more charts, for different investment types to really provide a forecast, but aren’t January and February traditionally slow months for investments, historically?

On the other hand, with a bit of good news, your prediction of a 37% price increase lifts us to $8.22/PPC, which is lower than our peak in early December, so it’s not at all out of the question.

Does anyone have any technical analysis to offer? To me it looks like there is a pennant forming right now. Any comments?

hmm interesting… and i hope not after reading what a pennant pattern is Flag and pennant patterns - Wikipedia

Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear… That Wikipedia example is a bearish pennant, but pennants can also be bullish.

For Pennants, the price trendlines tend to converge. At the start of the Pennant, the price spikes, perhaps in response to a favorable product or earnings announcement. Following the price spike, the price fluctuations continue until they taper out and become decreasingly less volatile. This behavior appears on a price chart with the initial price spike forming what technical analysts refer to as the “mast” of the Pennant, followed by a triangular pennant shape.

As the Pennant develops, the volume tends to decrease. Martin Pring notes in his book, Technical Analysis Explained, “a pennant is in effect a very small triangle. If anything, volume tends to contract even more during the formation of a pennant than during that of a flag.” However, as with Flags, when the Pennant completes you will often observe a sharp spike in volume. Duration of the Pattern
In his book, Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets, John J. Murphy identifies that Pennants and Flags are relatively short-term and should be completed within one to three weeks". He also notes that by comparison, the bullish patterns take longer to develop than the related bearish patterns.

It is commonly held that the length of the mast indicates the potential price increase. Like the Flag, the Pennant is considered to be a pause in an uptrend. Following the Pennant, the price typically jumps to replicate the height of the mast, while continuing in the direction of the inbound trend.

More: http://www.trending123.com/patterns/bullish_pennant.html

So, ascribing to the traditional valuation, what does today’s pendant portend?

Check this out:

Possible bullish pennant:

Did something happen or is it a normal dump?

Posted using Tapatalk for Android.

Still wondering what’s going on too. Can’t pin it down, it is across the board, but Dogecoin appears to resist it.

Maybe has something to do with the Bitcoin conference in Florida. Speculators don’t like uncertainty and they all went fiat maybe. Combined with usual weekend dip? No buyers and still miners trying to sell their coins.

If people are holding now things will skyrocket in the next days, unless all the money goes to that other crypto platform from our friend Vitalek.

I don’t think it will stay at this price very long. I think if it doesn’t get cheaper soon, it will get a whole lot more expensive.

Agree, I think the legal issues (with Bitcoin and possibly Ethereum) are holding all cryptos and Peercoin as store of value back. More clarity will help, but unfortunately I don’t expect that any time soon.

Accumulation/Distibribution says Peercoin is undervalued and should be at about .01 right now.

[quote=“Alertness, post:198, topic:106”]

Accumulation/Distibribution says Peercoin is undervalued and should be at about .01 right now.[/quote]
What do you mean by accumulation/distribution? And could you further explain how this makes you believe peercoin is undervalued at the current price?

Today, according to http://www.bitinfocharts.com there were only 2,709 Peercoins minted in the last 24hrs, comparing to 4,950 BTC mined in last 24hrs it should have some price impact in the next 30-60 days.