Wall Observer - The PPC Price Speculation Thread

Bought about 60PPC with 100USD, did a Coinbase -> BTC-E transfer, maxed out my “instant buy” limit…I hate the 30 day verification wait for Coinbase :frowning:

In the last day PPC and BTC have been moving together for the most part, interesting as that didn’t really happen much in the last month or so.

looks like we are about to have a big drop in USD/BTC that should up BTC/PPC as Peercoin is pretty good at holding its relative value!

Sent from my SHV-E370K using Tapatalk

The PPC/BTC orderbook on BTC-E is stupid right now, massive orders clumped around the rate that gives you ~1.72 USD/PPC, it’s like people are trying to market make the pair as if it should follow a fixed ratio. This seems like pretty strong evidence for the fact that people have no clue what PPC really is and think it’s another BTC clone. Buy up? :smiley:

Should we revive this thread now when it seems a year long bear market is at the end?

Absolutely – if reviving this thread leads to a resurgence of the PPC price as measured in USD. And I wouldn’t characterize the last year as a bear market. Just stagnant.

Here are my charts if anyone is interested.

[quote=“saeveritt, post:226, topic:106”]Here are my charts if anyone is interested.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/PPCUSD/NU0ZRab8-PPCUSD-Accumulation-Range-Estimation/[/quote]

Very much interested. Thanks for sharing!

I dearly miss the work of [member=30769]pillow[/member] and his trading rants… well just about all of his rants

Looks to me that Peercoin will be rising against the dollar. Time to start accumulating more Peercoins! ;D

Interesting to note that PPCUSD On Balance Volume has been positive and continually increasing since the BTCUSD reversal started in July, 2015.
I’ve overlaid BTCUSD with PPCUSD’s On Balance Volume so that it’s easier to see the change.

I’m also wondering if anyone else noticed that we are coming towards the end of this long term triangle… Could there be a breakout soon?

Last I heard, he was focusing fully on the silver mining industry. The way it has out performed nearly all other markets lately I can see why.

Another chart showing the current bull divergence.

Look up “MACD Bull Divergence” for more information.
Here is an explanation:
A bullish divergence forms when a security records a lower low and the MACD forms a higher low. The lower low in the security affirms the current downtrend, but the higher low in the MACD shows less downside momentum. Despite less downside momentum, downside momentum is still outpacing upside momentum as long as the MACD remains in negative territory. PPC is currently about to cross into the positive territory, I believe.

Currently heading toward $500,000 24 hour trading volume and I believe that PPC is breaking out of the long term downtrend as seen by the triangle chart I posted previously.
Looking great :slight_smile:

Good stuff! We need more price speculation and exchange volume :slight_smile:

Nice volume. Lot of things happening lately in peercoin (mainly because peerchemist and hrobeers, thanks guys for your work!) so I think this is partly reflecting the price.

Yeah PPC nearly reached about $800,000 24 hour volume. That’s significant because it isn’t fluffed from margin trading, it’s all market.

Made this to compare the role crypto-economic supply models play in the long term.
These are three BTCe alt pairs with BTC and their respective On Balance Volume.

I’d also like to point out the significant growth PPC has had against NMC. I believe this is important because the two have had very similar minimal market hype. The main
difference is their underlying economic models (transaction fees, dynamic or semi-static inflation rates, etc)

Look at the continual growth PPC has had against NMC since the beginning of 2015.

I believe this says a lot about the long term effects of various economic models and how they compete against one another.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:205, topic:106”]Ok, let’s revive this thread!

Are we at 13 or 15? 8)[/quote]
Over 2 years later, still a great chart ;D

This usually doesn’t last long looking at the past. Will likely be on coin value par soon. Probably a whale selling Peercoins for Namecoins.

This usually doesn’t last long looking at the past. Will likely be on coin value par soon. Probably a whale selling Peercoins for Namecoins.[/quote]

The linear regression reveals a consistent positive slope looking back two years now. Continual growth seems evident when looking at the historical data.

I moved this thread from the Trading & Exchanges board to Peercoin Discussion, since it’s more active. Please talk about price in this thread.

Maybe i got why PPC has underperformed almost every other coin out there.

This idea came to my mind when i picked up the NMC chart and i noticed these 2 coins are and have always been highly correlated.

2013 valuations for both PPC and NMC were based on the fact that BTCe was the biggest altcoin exchange out there, it had only few altcoins listed and both PPC and NMC were amongst these PRIVILEGED coins, when you wanted to diversify from BTC you had to go to BTCe and you didn’t have many choices at the time.

In the last 2 years BTCe has lost market shares and today it counts for nothing, this is i think the main reason for the prolonged and exhausting bear market we have seen in PPC and NMC which both lost the status of privileged access altcoins and now are just normal altcoins.

The good news is i think we are now very very close to the end of the bear market, BTCe can’t really become any less relevant then it is, investors sentiment is at rock bottom, many good projects are being developed for peercoin.

I bought more PPC today and i will buy more if it drops lower.

Happy trading everyone!

[quote=“LeChatNoir, post:238, topic:106”]In the last 2 years BTCe has lost market shares and today it counts for nothing, this is i think the main reason for the prolonged and exhausting bear market we have seen in PPC and NMC which both lost the status of privileged access altcoins and now are just normal altcoins.

The good news is i think we are now very very close to the end of the bear market, BTCe can’t really become any less relevant then it is, investors sentiment is at rock bottom, many good projects are being developed for peercoin.[/quote]

Hi LeChatNoir!

These are interesting thoughts about BTCe. I also think that we are close to the bottom. We are going down on high volume, Coinmarketcap shows $300.000 for the last 24 hours. Going down on high volume should mark the bottom according to common technical analysis.

By the way, the even higher volume in August does not count, because from 7th to 31st August there was no trading fee on BTC-E. They had their 5 year anniversary.

I bought at 0.00057 yesterday. I trust in our tech and in our community. That’s why I keep buying Peercoin.

The recent success of Monero is also interesting. Monero “only” offers pricacy. Other than that, it is like Bitcoin. No Smart contracts, no hyped features. No premined coins to pay for development, no company behind it as far as I know.
This could mark the beginning of the market turning away from company-driven coins back to coins with strong communities.

I think once the smart contract hype dies down a bit ppc price will recover. Right now people are selling ppc to buy eth/monero etc. because thats where the money is. However when these coins cool down im willing to bet some people will come back to ppc and use it as a hedge like they have done in the past.