[Updated] Guide To Cloud Mining Primecoin - Also get free XPM!

How have good speed, 5-10 XPM/h :slight_smile: It’s possible?

is’t good stat :
[MASTER] work received
[STATS] 2013-12-03 18:14:41 | 562 primes/s, 8828 tests/s, 60 5-chains/h, 0.28
8 chains/d
[MASTER] work received
[MASTER] work received
[STATS] 2013-12-03 18:15:41 | 536 primes/s, 8236 tests/s, 360 5-chains/h, 0.28
3 chains/d
[STATS] 2013-12-03 18:16:41 | 553 primes/s, 8535 tests/s, 120 5-chains/h, 0.28
9 chains/d
[MASTER] work received
[MASTER] work received
[MASTER] work received

and i am wating for beeeeeer pool paid me ? but iam not understanding if iam in right way :

http://xpm.syware.de/?a=AK3VowC9Z4frXVQ4JXSWHtVkDagYudicVA

please help me

There are approximately 10 Primecoins mined a minute, 600 Primecoins mined an hour. To mine 5-10 Primecoins an hour you would need 1/60 to 1/120th of the entire current computing power used to mine primecoins. It would be more actually, because that would increase the difficulty.

Correct me if I’m not understanding it correctly.

Im getting an error after make -f makefile.unix

Please help (used the refferal)

Thanks

Hi all I have spent the last week fiddling around with xpm mining on Digital Ocean and just wanted to share some of my findings and tips.

1. Setting up an account
    I advise creating an account and filling out the payment details, but not creating any droplets. Then you come back in an hour and create another account with the same payment details. Once you have filled in the payment details for a second time you should get a support ticket asking you to explain why you have two accounts on the same credit card. Just reply something along the lines you wanted the account to be on your main/work email and they should unlock both. This way you get 10 droplets instead of 5 to start off with.

2. Severs
    1.New york 1 - Terrible

3. New york 2 - Terrible

4. San Francisco - Good (no access atm)
    4.Amsterdam 1 - Okayish

5. Amsterdam 2 - Good

6. CPU usage
    Now after extensive testing I have found that as long as you CPU usage is above 60% then there is no great difference in the chains per day. eg. I have several time seen identical droplets where one of them is showing 90% cpu usage the others showing 60% cpu usage and they both are making 0.5 chains per day. So don’t bother destroying and rebuilding if your droplet has at least 60% juice.

7. Chains per day (more chains the better)
    $5/month 1cpu option generates 0.2-0.25 chains/day
    $20/month 2cpu option generates 0.4-0.5 chains/day
    $80/month 4cpu option generates 1.3-1.4 chains/day
    $160/month 8cpu option generates 1-2.1 chains/day
    $320/month 12cpu option generates 3-3.4 chains/day

If you found this useful and are feeling generous you can either refer me when setting up your account in digitalocean
refcode=7ea6639b1f9b
or send a tip
XPM - AVRSjnEdfxYpXTWszca2gcSTvMSARf4wT4
BTC -1B4c4MwjwoSfayteqQdtP9EePVhHvtjFNH

Bonus
I was testing the $80 a month droplet on two accounts for two days and on the third day they increased my available droplets on both accounts from 5-10!

Hi @cameron

I’ve had my cloud server up and running and I’ve checked the payouts. I’m just wonder what the threshold is for your pool to actually send coins. I see my address of ATGADj3aDBYvued9gshYRDtkt3ahgJmSms listed, but nothing. It’s only been up for a few hours, but I was just figuring it was going to actually hit my wallet for each payout. If there is a threshold, please let me know how big it is. And also, if this XPM give out is still happening, I’d like to get my claim.

[quote=“DiTo, post:65, topic:765”]
2. Severs
1.New york 1 - Terrible
2. New york 2 - Terrible
3. San Francisco - Good (no access atm)
4.Amsterdam 1 - Okayish
5. Amsterdam 2 - Good
[/quote]

Just curious, what are you basing this on?

[quote=“MysNyx, post:68, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:65, topic:765”]
2. Severs
1.New york 1 - Terrible
2. New york 2 - Terrible
4.Amsterdam 1 - Okayish
5. Amsterdam 2 - Good
[/quote]

Just curious, what are you basing this on?[/quote]

I ran several accounts with a few different sized droplets on each of those servers for a few hours and the chains per day and cpu usage I got from new york were terrible. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm, I’m getting between .2 - .27 on most of my $5 NY droplets. I do have a few under-performers though. Maybe I’ll check out Amsterdam and get a boost. Thanks for the reply

[quote=“DiTo, post:69, topic:765”][quote=“MysNyx, post:68, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:65, topic:765”]
2. Severs
1.New york 1 - Terrible
2. New york 2 - Terrible
4.Amsterdam 1 - Okayish
5. Amsterdam 2 - Good
[/quote]

I ran several accounts with a few different sized droplets on each of those servers for a few hours and the chains per day and cpu usage I got from new york were terrible. :p[/quote]

I get the best performance from New York, especially since I create most of the droplets near midnight.

I noticed with Amsterdam, if you create a droplet, the CPU is around 70% but then after 3 hours it drops to 46%.

Whilst with New York, it can retain high CPU around 80%, falling to 70% after 6 hours, before a day later it is around 55%.

???

[quote=“lindatess, post:71, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:69, topic:765”][quote=“MysNyx, post:68, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:65, topic:765”]
2. Severs
1.New york 1 - Terrible
2. New york 2 - Terrible
4.Amsterdam 1 - Okayish
5. Amsterdam 2 - Good
[/quote]

I ran several accounts with a few different sized droplets on each of those servers for a few hours and the chains per day and cpu usage I got from new york were terrible. :p[/quote]

I get the best performance from New York, especially since I create most of the droplets near midnight.

I noticed with Amsterdam, if you create a droplet, the CPU is around 70% but then after 3 hours it drops to 46%.

Whilst with New York, it can retain high CPU around 80%, falling to 70% after 6 hours, before a day later it is around 55%.[/quote]

Thats why I said the new yorks ones are terrible. Most of my miners in amsterdam are averaging 70-75% constantly and i find i only have to redeploy 1 or 2 a day.

[quote=“DiTo, post:73, topic:765”][quote=“lindatess, post:71, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:69, topic:765”][quote=“MysNyx, post:68, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:65, topic:765”]
2. Severs
1.New york 1 - Terrible
2. New york 2 - Terrible
4.Amsterdam 1 - Okayish
5. Amsterdam 2 - Good
[/quote]

Whilst with New York, it can retain high CPU around 80%, falling to 70% after 6 hours, before a day later it is around 55%.[/quote]

Thats why I said the new yorks ones are terrible. Most of my miners in amsterdam are averaging 70-75% constantly and i find i only have to redeploy 1 or 2 a day.[/quote]

Here is a copy of my New York droplet I just destroyed which retained fair value over two days…

http://i.imgur.com/5EP7i5i.png - New York

The Amsterdam ones drop to 46% within 3 hours for me.

http://i.imgur.com/et8hbue.png - Amsterdamn…

[quote=“lindatess, post:74, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:73, topic:765”][quote=“lindatess, post:71, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:69, topic:765”][quote=“MysNyx, post:68, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:65, topic:765”]
2. Severs
1.New york 1 - Terrible
2. New york 2 - Terrible
4.Amsterdam 1 - Okayish
5. Amsterdam 2 - Good
[/quote]

Thats why I said the new yorks ones are terrible. Most of my miners in amsterdam are averaging 70-75% constantly and i find i only have to redeploy 1 or 2 a day.[/quote]

Here is a copy of my New York droplet I just destroyed which retained fair value over two days…

http://i.imgur.com/5EP7i5i.png - New York

The Amsterdam ones drop to 46% within 3 hours for me.

http://i.imgur.com/et8hbue.png - Amsterdamn…[/quote]
of course that does happen but i have only redeployed 5 out of 55 of miners in amsterdam all week, plus you need to check the chains per day. Like i said before ive seen miners running at 60% and 88% cpu making the same amount of chains per day. Ive only noticed a problem if its below 60% cpu.

i actually found this article http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/12/04/primecoin-cloud-mining-using-digital-ocean-complete-guide/ which is essentially your post with graphics!

i’m new to cryptocoins and using command line and vps! i’m a jump in head first kinda guy and somehow managed to get it running, kudos for the the instruction.

i have a couple of questions i hope someone can answer

if i pause or put on hold a droplet, do i have to use a command to kick it off again? if so, can you tell me what i need to type in?

How can i ensure that it is continuously running and hasn’t stopped for some reason?

i believe i can clone a image using a snapshot is there anything i would need to amend/type/run in order to get a clone up and running? Or is it simply better to recreate a droplet manually?

At what point does utlizing the vps this become unprofitable? i’m using the $20 p/month option. And i’ve read that it was profitable and then wasn’t and now is again. What is the calculation to be used?

Sorry for all the questions!

Hi

I tried to compile primeminer on ubuntu 12.04. I installed the packages mentioned in the first post and I get the following error

~/primecoin/src$ make -f makefile.unix

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_chrono
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [primeminer] Error 1

any packages missing?

[quote=“theconsultant, post:76, topic:765”]i actually found this article http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/12/04/primecoin-cloud-mining-using-digital-ocean-complete-guide/ which is essentially your post with graphics!

i’m new to cryptocoins and using command line and vps! i’m a jump in head first kinda guy and somehow managed to get it running, kudos for the the instruction.

i have a couple of questions i hope someone can answer

if i pause or put on hold a droplet, do i have to use a command to kick it off again? if so, can you tell me what i need to type in?

How can i ensure that it is continuously running and hasn’t stopped for some reason?

i believe i can clone a image using a snapshot is there anything i would need to amend/type/run in order to get a clone up and running? Or is it simply better to recreate a droplet manually?

At what point does utlizing the vps this become unprofitable? i’m using the $20 p/month option. And i’ve read that it was profitable and then wasn’t and now is again. What is the calculation to be used?

Sorry for all the questions![/quote]

One of my other posts covers ths http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1431.0
once you get supervisor running whenever the droplet turn on, even after a server reset it should turn the miner on again

The best way to calculate profitablity I find is to use http://xpm.syware.de/ and see how much your minning per day. Then its a simple case of revenue - costs

[quote=“DiTo, post:78, topic:765”]One of my other posts covers ths http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1431.0
once you get supervisor running whenever the droplet turn on, even after a server reset it should turn the miner on again

The best way to calculate profitablity I find is to use http://xpm.syware.de/ and see how much your minning per day. Then its a simple case of revenue - costs[/quote]

much appreciated. thanks!
EDIT

i’m just wondering you wrote this
“To do this we want to shut down our miner, by firstly exiting the log by pressing cntrl-z or cmd-z and then we shut the program down with the following command. Don’t worry it will automatically start up later in this guide.
sudo shutdown -h now”

will it automatically kick off because of the earlier code ? is there anything further to add to start it back up again?

i have used debian 7 x64 as per the other guide, does this conflict with the code you have written here?

It has taken me two weeks to reach payout costing me roughly $11.76 (probably a bit more considering I chose the 4 core and 2 core for a few hours, but my account history is too long for me to check…). The coins can be sold for $16.02 at the moment, so, roughly $2 a week profit.

On Dec 1, I found 5x my normal primecoins, which is the only thing that kept me afloat.

However, in the past few days the difficulty has been rising and the number of coins I have been mining has halved for some reason…

In the next two weeks I don’t know how much I will earn but the difficulty has jumped from 9.95 to 9.991 (hoping that bitcoin price doesn’t crash) but it will cost me $11.76…

Just curious, how does one get 55 VPS?

2.6 Users are restricted from registering multiple accounts with the same billing details without first notifying DigitalOcean of that intent to ensure that accounts aren’t automatically flagged as possibly fraudulent and without notification accounts may be treated as abuse and/or fraudulent which would lead to suspension of service. DigitalOcean also reserves the right to terminate a customers account if they are targeted by malicious activity from other parties.

I’ve seen many people login to their accounts with a blank page meaning they are banned.