[Updated] Guide To Cloud Mining Primecoin - Also get free XPM!

[quote=“theconsultant, post:79, topic:765”][quote=“DiTo, post:78, topic:765”]One of my other posts covers ths http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1431.0
once you get supervisor running whenever the droplet turn on, even after a server reset it should turn the miner on again

The best way to calculate profitablity I find is to use http://xpm.syware.de/ and see how much your minning per day. Then its a simple case of revenue - costs[/quote]

much appreciated. thanks!
EDIT

i’m just wondering you wrote this
“To do this we want to shut down our miner, by firstly exiting the log by pressing cntrl-z or cmd-z and then we shut the program down with the following command. Don’t worry it will automatically start up later in this guide.
sudo shutdown -h now”

will it automatically kick off because of the earlier code ? is there anything further to add to start it back up again?

i have used debian 7 x64 as per the other guide, does this conflict with the code you have written here?[/quote]

It will kick you off but it has to been turned off the make a snapshot so you can clone it and it should not be a conflict.

You can not get 55 VPS, Digital Ocean sadly limits you to only 5.

I m getting the following:

GeneratePrimeTable() : setting nSieveExtensions = 9, nSievePercentage = 10, nSieveSize = 1000000
GeneratePrimeTable() : prime table [1, 1000000] generated with 78498 primes
spawning 2 worker thread(s)
[WORKER1] Hello, World!
[WORKER1] GoGoGo!
[WORKER0] Hello, World!
[WORKER0] GoGoGo!
connecting to 54.200.248.75:1337
PrimecoinMiner started
PrimecoinMiner started

and the connecting continues…

Any ideas why is that happening?

[quote=“yogibaer, post:77, topic:765”]Hi

I tried to compile primeminer on ubuntu 12.04. I installed the packages mentioned in the first post and I get the following error

~/primecoin/src$ make -f makefile.unix

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_chrono
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [primeminer] Error 1

any packages missing?[/quote]

The instructions in this thread do not work on ubuntu 12.04 you need a different set of libraries. I suggest rebuilding again 13.04 or 13.10

Edit- I have now added instructions for 12.04 in my other thread http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1431.new#new

I’ve said it multiple times, and this is probably one of the sources of your guys problems - these instructions are designed to work for Debian 7.0 x64. That’s my recommendation at least.

[quote=“DiTo, post:84, topic:765”][quote=“yogibaer, post:77, topic:765”]Hi

I tried to compile primeminer on ubuntu 12.04. I installed the packages mentioned in the first post and I get the following error

~/primecoin/src$ make -f makefile.unix

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_chrono
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [primeminer] Error 1

any packages missing?[/quote]

The instructions in this thread do not work on ubuntu 12.04 you need a different set of libraries. I suggest rebuilding again 13.04 or 13.10

Edit- I have now added instructions for 12.04 in my other thread http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1431.new#new[/quote]

Thanks for the help!!! primeminer is compiled and is working now … :slight_smile:

[quote=“whiteshadow, post:83, topic:765”]I m getting the following:

GeneratePrimeTable() : setting nSieveExtensions = 9, nSievePercentage = 10, nSieveSize = 1000000
GeneratePrimeTable() : prime table [1, 1000000] generated with 78498 primes
spawning 2 worker thread(s)
[WORKER1] Hello, World!
[WORKER1] GoGoGo!
[WORKER0] Hello, World!
[WORKER0] GoGoGo!
PrimecoinMiner started
PrimecoinMiner started

and the connecting continues…

Any ideas why is that happening?[/quote]

Did you try the EU-server, too?

EU: 176.34.128.129 (port: 1337)

[quote=“lindatess, post:80, topic:765”]It has taken me two weeks to reach payout costing me roughly $11.76 (probably a bit more considering I chose the 4 core and 2 core for a few hours, but my account history is too long for me to check…). The coins can be sold for $16.02 at the moment, so, roughly $2 a week profit.

On Dec 1, I found 5x my normal primecoins, which is the only thing that kept me afloat.

However, in the past few days the difficulty has been rising and the number of coins I have been mining has halved for some reason…

In the next two weeks I don’t know how much I will earn but the difficulty has jumped from 9.95 to 9.991 (hoping that bitcoin price doesn’t crash) but it will cost me $11.76…

Just curious, how does one get 55 VPS?

2.6 Users are restricted from registering multiple accounts with the same billing details without first notifying DigitalOcean of that intent to ensure that accounts aren’t automatically flagged as possibly fraudulent and without notification accounts may be treated as abuse and/or fraudulent which would lead to suspension of service. DigitalOcean also reserves the right to terminate a customers account if they are targeted by malicious activity from other parties.

I’ve seen many people login to their accounts with a blank page meaning they are banned.[/quote]

Well if you can have as many as you have credit cards/ paypal accounts :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“DiTo, post:88, topic:765”][quote=“lindatess, post:80, topic:765”]It has taken me two weeks to reach payout costing me roughly $11.76 (probably a bit more considering I chose the 4 core and 2 core for a few hours, but my account history is too long for me to check…). The coins can be sold for $16.02 at the moment, so, roughly $2 a week profit.

On Dec 1, I found 5x my normal primecoins, which is the only thing that kept me afloat.

However, in the past few days the difficulty has been rising and the number of coins I have been mining has halved for some reason…

In the next two weeks I don’t know how much I will earn but the difficulty has jumped from 9.95 to 9.991 (hoping that bitcoin price doesn’t crash) but it will cost me $11.76…

Just curious, how does one get 55 VPS?

2.6 Users are restricted from registering multiple accounts with the same billing details without first notifying DigitalOcean of that intent to ensure that accounts aren’t automatically flagged as possibly fraudulent and without notification accounts may be treated as abuse and/or fraudulent which would lead to suspension of service. DigitalOcean also reserves the right to terminate a customers account if they are targeted by malicious activity from other parties.

I’ve seen many people login to their accounts with a blank page meaning they are banned.[/quote]

Well if you can have as many as you have credit cards/ paypal accounts :p[/quote]

Technically you can. But if you break the rules, then Digital Ocean will terminate all of your accounts without warning which many include keeping balances and it is against Digital Ocean rules to open more than one account.

Yeah, they smited me today on that. More of a slap on the wrist, but they banned my one account, refunding my money. Luckily they left my other one alone.

Just setup the miner and syncing the wallet.
We’ll see if my little CPU can mine anything ;D

soloing on digital ocean is not convenient, try pool mining!!

This isn’t soloing w/ DO this is pool mining.

[quote=“ks-guy, post:91, topic:765”]Just setup the miner and syncing the wallet.
We’ll see if my little CPU can mine anything ;D[/quote]

Let’s see - best of luck!

You know its also against the rules to have more than one account - so that is what you may have been smited for.

I wasn’t aware at the time of me creating the other account, but I found out rather quickly. I’m just glad I still have my original. :slight_smile:

I tried to make an account but it just didn’t work. Oh well. Hope it all goes well.

Yeah, congratz. Remember to PM me if you guys have questions.

I’ve sent you two messages in the past week and got no response… can you have a look please…

Just wanted to give a shout out to the OP. The guide was simple and worked on the first try.

I’m completely new and this is about as straight forward as you can get.

If you try the ‘sudo apt-get update’ after you make your droplet and it sticks at 0% when connecting to debian, just reboot your droplet…I had it happen a couple times and that seemed to work.

I’ve been testing some things and think the best option on digitalocean is the $20 one instead of the $80 one. You get 2 cpu’s and 2gb ram (so you can get 8 cpu’s running (4 droplets @ $20) for $80 instead of just 4 (1 droplet @ $80). With that setup I get a little over 1000 primes/sec consistently for each droplet. I have 4 droplets of those running and a 5th is running the $80 one (just to test it out). The $80 option is 4 cpu’s and 8gb ram…you’d think you’d get double the primes/sec, but I’m only getting around 1350 primes/sec with this one. So, 4x the price and only a 33% increase…? Makes no sense. Gonna let it run for a day or two anyway just for testing. If the OP – or anyone – has any advice regarding this, I’d love to hear it (and yes my genproclimit is set to 4 for that one).

Also, has anyone tried asking the digitalocean reps for more droplets (I can only have 5)? Just wanted to see before asking, so they don’t ban me or something for mining…I’d like to run 20 of the $20 droplets ideally…

If there are better ways to mine by buying my own equipment please mention that as well…I promise (ha! internet promise :slight_smile: ) once I get things going your help won’t be forgotten.

Like I said I’m new, so any and all advice is helpful. Thanks everyone!

And…if you’re in the giving mood: AP21oskxtZaQAvf3PdiFtP8DWcLUcGfjAk <— some xpm’s to get me going are much appreciated!

Happy Holidazzles!