[Updated] Guide To Cloud Mining Primecoin - Also get free XPM!

+1 And be sure to notice formatting as I’ve witnessed various characters be interpreted as similar characters.

Ok it works
I had to change machine and software.

This works in a way that I create a machine witch is free and I only pay for usage?

I have new machine 8gb 4cpus (80$month)
So I put this:
genproclimit=4

but it gives me only 1100 primes/s

and I check cpu usage it is on 50%
Why its so low? on my physicall rigs also with 4 cores I have always 100% usage and better primes/s

Digital Ocean just refused to raise my droplet limit. I have never mentioned anything about mining but it turns out they are aware of it. They no longer accept miners. I don’t understand why would they refuse to accept costumers. It’s just sad. Anybody know of another hosting provider?

Most likely because they oversell VCPU allotments and mining will consume all available cores. Not only that, but I imagine a lot of people have not efficiently tuned low RAM VPSs resulting in heavy swapping which easily affects others on the hypervisors. As far as losing customers, they’d rather lose the small percentage of those who consume more than average resources and keep the higher percentage of ‘normal’ usage customers.

[quote=“Dejmien, post:42, topic:765”]Ok it works

This works in a way that I create a machine witch is free and I only pay for usage?

So I put this:
genproclimit=4

Why its so low? on my physicall rigs also with 4 cores I have always 100% usage and better primes/s[/quote]

I’m not sure why its at 50% - I had the same problem - if anyone else has suggestions that’d be great.

Most likely because they oversell VCPU allotments and mining will consume all available cores. Not only that, but I imagine a lot of people have not efficiently tuned low RAM VPSs resulting in heavy swapping which easily affects others on the hypervisors. As far as losing customers, they’d rather lose the small percentage of those who consume more than average resources and keep the higher percentage of ‘normal’ usage customers.[/quote]

Yes they know about miners - they refused to raise my limit too, which kinda stinks :(… maybe someone could get around it by creating 5 normal use droplets, asking them to extend their limit to like 25 and then creating mining droplets.

[quote=“cameronpalte, post:45, topic:765”][quote=“Dejmien, post:42, topic:765”]Ok it works

So I put this:
genproclimit=4

Why its so low? on my physicall rigs also with 4 cores I have always 100% usage and better primes/s[/quote]

I’m not sure why its at 50% - I had the same problem - if anyone else has suggestions that’d be great.[/quote]

Try setting it to ‘-1’ and see if that behavior remains. If the lower utilization issue continues, they may have throttled VCPU allocation for the VPS. (I doubt they’d do it individually as that’d be a hassle)

Or they put your VPS on a machine with another miner.

Hi Guys,

Can somebody walk me through on how to update my primecoin miner once the new version is released on github?

sudo get-apt update???

Thanks!

[quote=“Sebsebzen, post:48, topic:765”]Hi Guys,

Can somebody walk me through on how to update my primecoin miner once the new version is released on github?

sudo get-apt update???

Thanks![/quote]

Your first step is now a ‘git pull’ within the repo directory instead of the git clone.

[quote=“Dejmien, post:42, topic:765”]Ok it works

So I put this:
genproclimit=4

I just set up the same 8gb 4cpu account. I did check (cat /proc/cpuinfo) to see what processors are installed and I guessed that I am running Intel Core Duos. 4 cpus * 2 cores = 8 so I set my genproclimit = 8.
top command shows 399-400% cpu usage for primeminer

[STATS] 2013-11-30 02:09:49 | 1918 primes/s, 29469 tests/s, 480 5-chains/h, 1.027 chains/d

Does anyone know of Xeon hosting for an affordable price?

Update: I set genproclimit=4 and I get close to the STATS listed above. My guess of Core Duos would not be correct.

Is this worth it? I looked at it and it’s costs $80 a month but only produces $39 worth of coins (probably less if the bubble pops).

I wouldn’t call this a bubble - and how did you get to $39 worth of coins. If you want the best value pick the $20/month option.

I sent you a pm
Here is the proof
http://alcancearoa.com/IMG/BTC/xpmProffDigOce.png

I have a question, I’m mining with 4 droplets to the same address but I find strange the following, it’s suppossed the more pc you have mining, the more you get, I’m checking my address with the http://xpm.syware.de/ link, and yes it’s mining and get results every, well almost, ten minutes results from +0.0015 to +0.207, it may vary, but how does it work, is it an accumulating register?

I wouldn’t call this a bubble - and how did you get to $39 worth of coins. If you want the best value pick the $20/month option.[/quote]

I’m using mikaelh’s formula and from running it for one day I’ve noticed that 72 cents still becomes 36 cents because you can’t reach maximum CPU. Furthermore, if the difficulty jumps from people incorrectly thinking that they are getting a good deal, then I expect that 72 cents will generate much less return. Taking a look at the general altcoin market, most altcoin prices have bubbled up recently like LTC and had some pullbacks.

I found an article stating 90% ROI article but this is misleading people. The true ROI is more like 45% as you lose a small amount trying to setup the droplet. Difficulty rising does not mean a higher price. It seems more like price rises, and then difficulty rises with some exceptions like difficulty rising without any change in price as people become more aware of XPM. Although some caveats about Correlation is not Causation should still be invoked.

It turns out the $80 a month only generates $20… Due to the 50% cpu problem.

@lindatess
i think digitalocean is most effective at the $5 level. There it is generating (when the article about 90% roi was posted) about 1.05/xpm/month (right now) which at current price ($7.30) would be $7.67 in revenue/month, giving you a lower ROI. When it was posted though, my droplet was generating 1.5XPM/month, the primes/s rate has dropped as more people flooded onto the digitalocean droplets (especially with their $50 blackfriday deal). So I think all of these reports are meant to be “at the time of posting”

The mining rate has gone up some because of the $50 Digital Ocean black Friday promotion. However, it will decrease soon as people spend all of their promotion money. I find the $20/month option to be the best ROI.

Thank you, just tell me why I have register new additional XPM address in Primecoin Wallt, and it

Invalid address said?

http://xpm.syware.de/?a=AaGFGuxkhBgdeYZfNxPdVXReF2yHqbvR6P

And other one question please. If my command see good?

./primeminer -poolip=176.34.128.129 -poolport=1337 -pooluser=AaGFGuxkhBgdeYZfNxPdVXReF2yHqbvR6P -poolpassword=my1pass -genproclimit=8

Miner start good, se la 8 and this log,

[MASTER] work received
[MASTER] work received
[STATS] 2013-12-02 21:31:30 | 3766 primes/s, 58275 tests/s, 840 5-chains/h, 2.040 chains/d
[MASTER] work received
[MASTER] work received
[STATS] 2013-12-02 21:32:30 | 3786 primes/s, 58349 tests/s, 1140 5-chains/h, 2.041 chains/d

Thank you for two answer! :slight_smile:

You need to get your primecoin wallet and then generate a new address - then use that address for mining. That address will also be where you check beeeeer.org for your statistics. For the password I would recommend just leaving it blank and skipping that part since beeeeer.org doesn’t require a password.

Example:

./primeminer -poolip=176.34.128.129 -poolport=1337 -pooluser=AaGFGuxkhBgdeYZfNxPdVXReF2yHqbvR6P -genproclimit=8

• assuming 8 is the number of threads you have.

Let me know if that works for you. If it doesn’t try including the pool password but making the password x.

However from the numbers you showed at the end of your post (Master work received xxxx primes/second) it looks like your miner is running correctly. Let it run for a few hours and then check beeeeer.org to see if your coins are their.

Thank you, work good. 0.0467 XPM/h :slight_smile:

Have another one question, how long time it be work mining XMP? there is a sense of investing money in servers CPU for example x100. Core 3930K.

:slight_smile: