[Updated] Guide To Cloud Mining Primecoin - Also get free XPM!

Note I am bitshirehashaway on bitcointalk & bitsharestalk if your wondering

If you sign up with my digital ocean referral link and spend $10 you will get 0.50 free XPM for your efforts! Remember to get proof though!

Hello everyone,
Several guides have been put out there for cloud mining, however, I believe that this is ones of the first of its kind for cloud mining primecoin with a pool. I adapted it from my guide from protoshares (http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=722.0), however, it had to go through some changes before it worked for primecoin - all of these changes were tested on digital ocean and I effectively played around with the code until I got it to work.

Tips Are Appreciated: AR8HaVPnFV6GyCa9msQAnasfRE9an84d5y

Here is how you start. First you need to sign up for digital ocean. Please make sure to use my referral link: https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=3a96071d7d5f If you use my referral link to sign up and spend at least $10, I will send you 0.50 XPM free!

Next you need to create a droplet. I would recommend the 8gb 4 cpu option that costs $80/month but feel free to go higher or lower. Just don’t use the $5/month one because I sometimes got errors when trying to run this program there, I don’t think it has enough memory for the job, but you can start at the $10/month one! After you have that done, make sure you pick Debian 7.0 x64 as your image. Then hit create.

Soon your username (always root) and password will be emailed with you. Go to your droplet in digital ocean and then hit console access. Type in your username and password [note: your password won’t appear as you type it, just type it and hit enter.]

After you do that. Type in the following code, pay attention to spaces!

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install yasm -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-all-dev libdb+±dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix

git clone https://github.com/thbaumbach/primecoin
cd ~/primecoin/src
make -f makefile.unix
./primeminer -poolip= -poolport=1337 -pooluser= -poolpassword=<Type the word ‘PASSWORD’ all caps-beeeeer.org doesn’t have actual passwords> -genproclimit=

Your pool ip will vary per location. Here are your choices:
EU: 176.34.128.129
US: 54.200.248.75
ASIA: 54.251.179.44

Go to http://beeeeer.org/user/ to see how many coins your getting!

I hope that helped, PM me to claim your coins, and if you have any questions, and please use my referral link!

[UPDATE]

#1 I have talked to one of the curecoin devs and when the coin is released I plan on working to create a cloud mining guide for it within the first few days. The reward for signing up under me will most likely be split: you will get roughly $2 in curecoin + $2 will also be sent to the red cross, or another popular charity.

Remember guys. If you have any questions whether or not you sign up under me I’ll always answer them.

[12 hours only: reward at 4 Primecoins for signing up! You get 30% off for trying it out w/ $10!]

Have a free bump from the forum admin as I like your post :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:5, topic:765”]Have a free bump from the forum admin as I like your post :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

I’ve been getting some questions about those using putty ssh to log in - with putty it appears if you close the session, it does stop mining - does anyone else have recommendations / info on this.

Guys, be on the look out for a guide to get free mining w/ Windows Azure free trial - free money for a month and then you can shut it down and take your earnings - no cost to you. Relatively newbie friendly (no entering code into a command console, its like setting up a new miner on Windows 7)

Cloud mining protoshare test completed: 15% profitability on 5x $80/month servers (probably higher now since Bitcoin’s price has literally gone up 50% in the last 24 hours while protoshare’s price has only gone down ~25%.

Be on the look out for a primecoin test and the new curecoin guide which hopefully will come out soon (if they ever release the coin… I’m very impatient.) Also remember to sign up for a cloud server under my referral link for profitable rewards + a bonus for signing up (increasing your profitability even more!)

I have been using screen to get around this on my VPS.

sudo apt-get install screen
screen -S primecoin
//run miner
//ctrl a & ctrl d to detach from the current screen

If you want to resume the screen

screen -r primecoin

This will let you keep the process running as long as you are detached from the screen when you exit.

screen -S primecoin
//run miner

screen -r primecoin

This will let you keep the process running as long as you are detached from the screen when you exit.[/quote]

Thanks for the code. This should be very useful for anyone using an SSH client like Putty to run this instead of the console inside your Digital Ocean client.

Thanks for all the wonderful code recommendations guys! Remember if you have any recommendations relating to the code, I would highly appreciate them - or guides for how to do it with different clients (SSH Putty ect.)

If anyone is interested in helping me with my Curecoin cloud mining guide - or just in general offering services for Curecoin when it comes out, PM me!

screen -S primecoin
//run miner

screen -r primecoin

This will let you keep the process running as long as you are detached from the screen when you exit.[/quote]

When I return with “screen -r primecoin” the screen is empty. Is there a way to keep primecoinminer displaying the stats?

screen -S primecoin
//run miner

screen -r primecoin

When I return with “screen -r primecoin” the screen is empty. Is there a way to keep primecoinminer displaying the stats?[/quote]

I use “tmux” and it works great.

sudo apt-get install tmux
tmux

Once you run the tmux command, you will see a color bar appear the bottom of the window (are you using putty?). After that you can just run a few commands to help you select which window you want.

tmux ls (this command shows you all windows that are active)
tmux switch-client -t X (replace X with the number of the window you want to attach to, you can get this number when you run the above command).

That is the basics, but there are tons of cheat sheets and guides out there. Hope this helped!

It was a bit difficult to set everything up, the console, which is working inside the browser, seems to doesn’t like my Firefox. Also I’m using a German keyboard-layout which makes things even more difficult but thanks to this tutorial I was able to finish it. I used your ref-link so there should be some reward for you soon. Thanks!

Greetings

Update: I have been getting some people requesting the reward just for signing up for me when they don’t actually spend the $10. Please keep in mind you need to spend the $10 to get the reward.

[quote=“okerlo, post:16, topic:765”]It was a bit difficult to set everything up, the console, which is working inside the browser, seems to doesn’t like my Firefox. Also I’m using a German keyboard-layout which makes things even more difficult but thanks to this tutorial I was able to finish it. I used your ref-link so there should be some reward for you soon. Thanks!

Greetings[/quote]

Thanks :)… I haven’t noticed a reward yet - but I’ll be looking forward to it!

If anyone has any suggestions for upcoming guides they want to see feel free to PM me - don’t be shy! Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask me - there is no such thing as a question you should already know the answer too in bitcoins - we were all new at sometime. Plus it gives me feedback on what information I should include in my future guides. This weekend be on the lookout for ~3 new guides (and keep in mind each guide is generally posted in 3 locations so that’s 9 new threads to be on the lookout - each thread has different advice so if you have the time and really want to become knowledgeable in cloud mining, I recommend reading all of them!

Nice, thank you in advance! I’m looking forward to read them all.
Oh and an advice for the users who have problems with the console at digitalocean:

I read several threads discussing this problem and the conclusion was that the console should work slightly better with Googles Chrome, can’t approve this though.

Greetings