[Updated] Guide To Cloud Mining Primecoin - Also get free XPM!

sounds good :slight_smile: how many chains/day can you get per core approximately?

I just registered with your ref link. I spent 10$ (code coupon + credit card) And I created a 8 Gb 4 CPUs droplet
Could you pm me? For give you my digitalocean info/account for the reward :slight_smile:
Thanks!

[quote=ā€œmegadeth92, post:22, topic:765ā€]I just registered with your ref link. I spent 10$ (code coupon + credit card) And I created a 8 Gb 4 CPUs droplet
Could you pm me? For give you my digitalocean info/account for the reward :slight_smile:
Thanks![/quote]

Please PM me if you want payout.

Donā€™t have an exact number I would say probably ~2000 chains/second/core - not sure if I wrote that correctly as a format - havenā€™t heard of chains/day.

I have been using screen to get around this on my VPS.

sudo apt-get install screen
screen -S primecoin
//run miner
//ctrl a & ctrl d to detach from the current screen

If you want to resume the screen

screen -r primecoin

This will let you keep the process running as long as you are detached from the screen when you exit.[/quote]

Anyone can show me how to make the miner auto-start when the machine is rebooted?

Donā€™t have an exact number I would say probably ~2000 chains/second/core - not sure if I wrote that correctly as a format - havenā€™t heard of chains/day.[/quote]

Iā€™m getting ~ 2100 primes/s with the 4 CPU droplet

./primeminer: No such file or directory problem ?

Code has been updated based on latest Debian Linux updates.

I have a question, I just registered using your referal link and created a 8gb ram Droplet, itā€™s working fine, but how many workers can I set up for maximum at my Droplet? In my real pc I set up 3 workers (core2duo 2gb ram win7 64bit)

[quote=ā€œcameronpalte, post:23, topic:765ā€][quote=ā€œmegadeth92, post:22, topic:765ā€]I just registered with your ref link. I spent 10$ (code coupon + credit card) And I created a 8 Gb 4 CPUs droplet
Thanks![/quote]

Please PM me if you want payout.[/quote]

Iā€™ve pm you
Also in bitshares post/forum
Do you need a ticket request to digital ocean support to confirm the referral?

Wanted to check with the others as to what their experience has been mining for primecoins. Judging by what I was seeing, it didnā€™t look like it would break even with cost of digital ocean droplets.

Isnā€™t it more economical to have four $20/month packages rather than one $80/month setup?
With four $20/month setups you get 8 cores while with one $80/month setup you get only 4.

Same problem, and also the makefile command wonā€™t succeed (ā€œfatal error, no such file or directoryā€ although Iā€™m in the /src directory and see the filesā€¦)

I used your link :slight_smile:

I have been using screen to get around this on my VPS.

sudo apt-get install screen
screen -S primecoin
//run miner
//ctrl a & ctrl d to detach from the current screen

If you want to resume the screen

screen -r primecoin

This will let you keep the process running as long as you are detached from the screen when you exit.[/quote]

Anyone can show me how to make the miner auto-start when the machine is rebooted?[/quote]

Add the miner start script to your /etc/rc.local like this.

# tail -5 /etc/rc.local PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

/bin/su - xpm -c /home/xpm/primecoind -daemon

exit 0

Your mileage may vary.

Rising XPM prices have resulted in me changing the reward to 1 XPM which is still 60% more than what it was at the time of creating the thread!

I made ~10% profit @ $0.70/XPM - my question is how much would I make now @ $2.30/XPM (and $3.50+ at exchanges like bter) - does anyone know if the difficulty has gone up significantly?

Hey guys I have a problem and im not sure whats wrong.

Looks like you are missing ā€˜libgmp-devā€™ which was step 3 of his instructions.

If you are running Cent/RHEL sudo yum install libgmp3-dev

If you are running Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install libgmp3-dev

Try shutting it down, opening up a new one and writing it all very carefully, making sure not to miss anything.