This milestone is reached after completing pypeerassets v0.2 and pacli v0.2.3.
To remind you pypeerassets is the official reference implementation of the PeerAssets protocol made as a library and coded in Python.
Pacli is simple command line user interface to PeerAssets built around pypeerassets.
What is new in pypeerassets?
- major code overhaul for pypeerassets (~1700 lines changed)
- performance improvements for pypeerassets (7x speedup in some cases)
- more PeerAssets protocol functions in pypeerassets (multi-issue_mode decks for example)
- filtering of invalid cards from the deck
- deck state is implemented and to be publicly tested now.
What is new in pacli?
- built using latest pypeerassets
- implemented per-user configuration using pacli.conf file in
- implemented logging, log is saved to
- pacli can now show card balances
- pacli now warns user if card balance is insufficient for card_transfer or card_burn
- more new features, see tutorial bellow for more details
(Linux only, Windows is not supported for now)
- ppcoind running in testnet mode
- some testnet coins (post address bellow if you have none)
- python3.4 or higher
sudo pip3 install pacli
This will automatically fetch all dependencies and install
pacli as system wide command.
see here for commands: https://github.com/PeerAssets/pacli/blob/master/README.md
If you see this kind of warning:
/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/secp256k1/__init__.py:228: UserWarning: implicit cast from 'char *' to a different pointer type: will be forbidden in the future (check that the types are as you expect; use an explicit ffi.cast() if they are correct) self.ctx, res_compressed, outlen, self.public_key, compflag)
is just a warning, not an error. We need to wait for this to be resolved in the library we use.
Goals of this test
- get user feedback and allow us to polish user tools (pacli)
- gather enough of random data for tests and analysis, data like decks and card transfers
- check if our DeckState code is doing the job well (double spending prevention)
- find bugs, fix them
This is first usable PeerAssets release so far, with most of functions presented to user in friendly way.
Please dedicate some time to help us test it out. We very much depend on community helping us out with this one.
More detail tutorial and possibly video to be released later.