[SUPPORT] beeeeer.org - tech support

[quote=“xolokram, post:39, topic:358”]concerning the chain length, the current rates are:

‘getwork’ (old, v0.1 & jhPrimeminer)
6 = ~14470 (94,22%)
7 = ~810 (5,27%)
8 = 73 (0,469%)
9 = 4 (0,026%)
total = 15357

‘getworx’ (new, v0.2 or higher)
6 = ~236070 (90,75%)
7 = ~21900 (8,42%)
8 = ~2080 (0,799%)
9 = 90 (0,034%)
9,85 or higher = 21 (0,0080726%) (hitting the current target length, aka block found)[size=8pt] /corrected: there was a mistake in the calculation[/size]
total = 260140

from the raw values (although the ‘getwork’ values are not as reliable as the ‘getworx’ values) i would prefer v0.2 or higher
maybe this will help you (regarding rejection rates) and others (regarding chain length)

i’m surprised by the values for 8- to 9-chains (instead of 9% it’s a <5% factor)

• xolokram

ps. this probably will be a cross-post to the general discussion, as the values can be very interesting for the share-value / payout discussion[/quote]

Not be so much surprise, it looks just normal statistical variance. It also looks that the advantage of v0.2 vs v0.1 is not a greater proportion of big chains vs short chains, but a greater total number of chains.

hi

it would’ve been useful if one of the measurements we’re scaled down/up to the other (especially on a logarithmic scale). absolute values are pretty useless in the way you used them; and i’m not talking about factors/improvements of 2x or higher.

i was surprised by the fall of the ratio from the 9-chains to 8-chains; compare it to 8-to-7 and 7-to-6.

• xolokram

[quote=“xolokram, post:42, topic:358”]i was surprised by the fall of the ratio from the 9-chains to 8-chains; compare it to 8-to-7 and 7-to-6.

• xolokram[/quote]

surely it is not because of this http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370.msg2924#msg2924 ?

[quote=“xolokram, post:42, topic:358”]hi

it would’ve been useful if one of the measurements we’re scaled down/up to the other (especially on a logarithmic scale). absolute values are pretty useless in the way you used them; and i’m not talking about factors/improvements of 2x or higher.

i was surprised by the fall of the ratio from the 9-chains to 8-chains; compare it to 8-to-7 and 7-to-6.

• xolokram[/quote]

I answered you in the other thread, I think that you also prefer so.

ok, let’s go back to the technical issues… cross-posting was a bad idea ;D

you can not solomine AND mine for the pool at the same time. it’s impossible. jh00’s answer to the post is correct!

• xolokram

Is there any way to see my total unconfirmed XPM on this pool.
Going manually through every block found and adding it up is getting painful!

And are this pools operators and users on IRC anywhere?

[quote=“tandyuk, post:46, topic:358”]Is there any way to see my total unconfirmed XPM on this pool.
Going manually through every block found and adding it up is getting painful![/quote]
the current web interface doesn’t support this, it will be added later
But Sy’s web interface gives you some more information: ドローン選びのポイントを学ぶ!

nope, sorry

• xolokram

Hi, I’m rather new to Linux and coding, and wanted to set up and auto start script in a similar fashion to mikaelh’s script here restarts primecoind:

cd
echo ‘#!/bin/bash
export PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH"
killall --older-than 10s -q run-primeminer primeminer
function background_loop
while :; do
primeminer >/dev/null 2>&1
sleep 1
done
background_loop &’ > run-primeminer
chmod +x run-primeminer

How would I go about using an .sh file instead of the binary there? Or do I need to put the user/pw/settings in there after primeminer? (tried and it didn’t work)

On the page http://beeeeer.org/user/xxxx

I guess “0” is invalid shares,
but i also have seen “-6” and “-7”.
What do the last 2 lines mean?

[quote=“tandyuk, post:50, topic:358”]On the page http://beeeeer.org/user/xxxx

I guess “0” is invalid shares,
but i also have seen “-6” and “-7”.
What do the last 2 lines mean?[/quote]

tandy, the explanation is here http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485.msg3331#msg3331

I’m trying to add the getworx protocol to my linux build of rde’s miner.
is there any technical information on how this new protocol works anywhere?

Note i posted this in the main thread too, only one thread needs an answer :stuck_out_tongue:

‘getworx’ is pretty straight forward at the moment
but i will add some more features / change a little bit the behaviour in the next version (v0.4)
so maybe you’ll wait until then (i’ll need a few more days as there are several issues at the moment)

otherwise: check out main_poolminder.cpp
the netcode is pretty much straight forward i guess (wait for ‘work’ or ‘ping’, if you’ve a share to submit -> ‘submit’, that’s pretty much it :D)
(small hint: i removed the endian swap for the protocol)

@script for auto-restart on fail:
maybe use “ps” & “grep” to check if primeminer is running
and add this to a cronjob (using “crontab -e”)
sorry, i’m in a hurry now, maybe i will get back later here and write some more

• xolokram

Site is down?

@ main thread

Also, most recent update on git broke the OSX compilation.

Same error as here: http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485.msg3593#msg3593
I looked in the make file, but I couldn’t figure out what had changed.

[quote=“ivanlabrie, post:49, topic:358”]Hi, I’m rather new to Linux and coding, and wanted to set up and auto start script in a similar fashion to mikaelh’s script here restarts primecoind:

cd
echo ‘#!/bin/bash
function background_loop
primeminer >/dev/null 2>&1
sleep 1
done
background_loop &’ > run-primeminer
chmod +x run-primeminer

How would I go about using an .sh file instead of the binary there? Or do I need to put the user/pw/settings in there after primeminer? (tried and it didn’t work)[/quote]

You can either replace the call of primeminer in “primeminer >/dev/null 2>&1” with the full execution path of the xolo/primeminer “/primeminer -pooluser=youAddressGoesHere -poolpassword=0 -poolip=beeeeer.org -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=16”

[modifiedScript]
echo '#!/bin/bash
function background_loop
                <pathToPrimeminer>/primeminer -pooluser=youAddressGoesHere -poolpassword=0 -poolip=beeeeer.org -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=16 >/dev/null 2>&1
                sleep 1
        done
background_loop &' > run-primeminer
[/modifiedScript]

or you can for example split this into 2 scripts (which might be handier; if you want to exchange the address or change anything else you can simply edit script1, kill the process script1 and script2 automatically restarts the edited script1:

[script1]
echo '#!/bin/bash
<pathToPrimeminer>/primeminer -pooluser=youAddressGoesHere -poolpassword=0 -poolip=beeeeer.org -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=16 >>~/primeminer.log 2>&1' > primeminer.sh
[/script1]

Now you have a nice logging of the output as well.
And you start the mining script with this script:

[script2]
echo '#!/bin/bash
function background_loop
                pathToScript1/primeminer.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
                sleep 1
        done
background_loop &' > run-primeminer
[/script2]

That should work more or less :wink:

Thanks a lot! That clarifies things a lot for me.
Now, I was wondering, say if I want to start this without having to log on to my pc, every time it’s turned on.
Does that script do it or do I need to do something else?

I ask because my gf turns my pc on when she gets home, and I didn’t install ssh (not sure if I can use putty since I can’t set a static ip cause of my isp)
When I had windows I used teamviewer for that…logged on and then started the miner manually, but it’s too much of a hassle.

New guy here… I had a couple questions

[ul][li]Is there any specific flags I should be running to get the best performance out of my rigs? Any settings that favor 24+ thread counts?[/li]
[li]What about a decent prime/h number? My 2P E5-2670 rig is getting around 30,000,000 prime/h. Does this sound correct?[/li]
[li]When I started running v0.3 I noticed that some of my Linux rigs prime/h dropped quite a bit and others increased quite a bit. Any reason behind that? Any info you would need from me to troubleshoot it?[/li][/ul]

[quote=“ivanlabrie, post:58, topic:358”]Thanks a lot! That clarifies things a lot for me.
Now, I was wondering, say if I want to start this without having to log on to my pc, every time it’s turned on.
Does that script do it or do I need to do something else?[/quote]

You just need to add the script inside this file: /etc/rc.local
(Make sure you do it before the exit call at the end :wink: )
That will auto start your miner on boot.