[SUPPORT] beeeeer.org - tech support

[quote=“pt0x, post:60, topic:358”][quote=“ivanlabrie, post:58, topic:358”]Thanks a lot! That clarifies things a lot for me.
Now, I was wondering, say if I want to start this without having to log on to my pc, every time it’s turned on.
Does that script do it or do I need to do something else?[/quote]

You just need to add the script inside this file: /etc/rc.local
(Make sure you do it before the exit call at the end :wink: )
That will auto start your miner on boot.[/quote]

I actually tried that…and it didn’t work. Then I found out the script wasn’t working.
I’m not sure what’s wrong with it. I guess I should place the binary somewhere else, it’s inside two folders inside my (non root) user’s home folder.

I try to run it and it opens gedit, (despite the open as program option being selected), and if I run it from terminal I either get a terminated message or (last time I tried) an error message indicating that I couldn’t have the log file saved there or something.

Suggestions?

Here are my scripts as is:

Script 1:

#!/bin/bash ~/primecoin/src/primeminer -pooluser=AT4iEgpfXBDqth1k8tQU5Bb57z9mchwgY9 -poolpassword=0 -poolip=beeeeer.org -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=8 -sievesize=1500000 -primes=2000000 -sieveextensions=7 -bits=10 -TargetInitialLength=7 -sievepercentage=5 -chainlength=10 >>~/primeminer.log 2>&1

Script 2:

#!/bin/bash killall --older-than 30s -q run-primeminer.sh primeminer.sh function background_loop while :; do ~/primeminer.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 sleep 1 done background_loop &

just my 2 cents…

write a script like this

[code]#!/bin/sh

if ps ax | grep -v “grep” | grep “primeminer” > /dev/null
then
echo “looking good!”
else
echo “date: restarting”
nohup /home/user/bin/primeminer [your primeminer parameters here] > /dev/null &
fi[/code]
save this script to: /home/user/bin/miner_run.sh
this will check if primeminer is running & restarts it if it’s not running
be sure to change the path to the miner to the corresponding path of your setup

then just create a new cronjob with

> crontab -e

(typically this will open a text editor like vi or nano, you’ll have to figure out how to save the (crontab) file (e.g. CTRL+X))

add the line:

* * * * * /home/user/bin/miner_run.sh

exit & save, then the script (from above) will be executed once every minute (and when your machine restarts/boots)

done.

• xolokram

ps. correct me if something’s wrong, i changed a few parts on-the-fly for simplification

[quote=“refer_2_me, post:56, topic:358”]Also, most recent update on git broke the OSX compilation.

Same error as here: http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485.msg3593#msg3593
I looked in the make file, but I couldn’t figure out what had changed.[/quote]

@xolokram, any word on this?

Thanks xolo, I’ll try it as soon as possible and report back.

[quote=“refer_2_me, post:63, topic:358”][quote=“refer_2_me, post:56, topic:358”]Also, most recent update on git broke the OSX compilation.

Same error as here: http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485.msg3593#msg3593

@xolokram, any word on this?[/quote]
uh yeah, sorry, i think i missed that.

mh, you’ll have to edit this locally for your system. i don’t have a osx test system to test this (that’s why it’s broken i guess :smiley: )

open main_poolminer.cpp
search for

#ifdef __MINGW__

and delete everything between

#ifdef __MINGW__

and

#endif //TODO: __APPLE__ ?

there must be two blocks in the code where this appears. then build. everything should be ok now.
this will remove the end summary from the miner, but i guess that’s ok as long as the miner is mining. :slight_smile:

• xolokram

[size=18pt]UPDATE FOR v0.4 or higher:[/size]
search for

#if defined(__MINGW32__) || defined(__MINGW64__)

instead of

#ifdef __MINGW__

[quote=“xolokram, post:65, topic:358”][quote=“refer_2_me, post:63, topic:358”][quote=“refer_2_me, post:56, topic:358”]Also, most recent update on git broke the OSX compilation.

@xolokram, any word on this?[/quote]
uh yeah, sorry, i think i missed that.

mh, you’ll have to edit this locally for your system. i don’t have a osx test system to test this (that’s why it’s broken i guess :smiley: )

open main_poolminer.cpp
search for

#ifdef __MINGW__

and delete everything between

#ifdef __MINGW__

and

#endif //TODO: __APPLE__ ?

there must be two blocks in the code where this appears. then build. everything should be ok now.
this will remove the end summary from the miner, but i guess that’s ok as long as the miner is mining. :slight_smile:

• xolokram[/quote]

It seems to be mining, thanks!

Hi , I know that by looking into the source i can find out about this but…

How many times (retries or timeout) the client tries to reconnect before shutting down ?

the value is currently set to 3 @v0.3
and 4 @v0.4 psht :slight_smile:

Just as a side note, i had to install libgmp-dev on debian 7 server to compile, that one is missing in https://github.com/thbaumbach/primecoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

Why does it require all those db libs like a wallet? Haven’t removed them yet? ^^

primeminer (aka xolominer) needs prime.cpp & a small part from main.cpp
but they need util.cpp, bitcoinrpc…
and they depend on wallet.cpp, db, tx…
depending on key.cpp, leveldb & mem…

of course most of these are not 100% needed, but it takes some time to resolve all those dependencies, and this is really annoying work :slight_smile:
thus it’s currently low priority. :smiley:

• xolokram

[quote=“xolokram, post:62, topic:358”]just my 2 cents…

write a script like this

[code]#!/bin/sh

if ps ax | grep -v “grep” | grep “primeminer” > /dev/null
then
echo “looking good!”
else
echo “date: restarting”
nohup /home/user/bin/primeminer [your primeminer parameters here] > /dev/null &
fi[/code]
save this script to: /home/user/bin/miner_run.sh
this will check if primeminer is running & restarts it if it’s not running
be sure to change the path to the miner to the corresponding path of your setup

then just create a new cronjob with

> crontab -e

(typically this will open a text editor like vi or nano, you’ll have to figure out how to save the (crontab) file (e.g. CTRL+X))

add the line:

* * * * * /home/user/bin/miner_run.sh

exit & save, then the script (from above) will be executed once every minute (and when your machine restarts/boots)

done.

• xolokram

ps. correct me if something’s wrong, i changed a few parts on-the-fly for simplification[/quote]

Working perfectly, thanks :slight_smile:

I couldn’t get it to work under ubuntu 13.04…I’ll just open it manually for now.
Had trouble setting up the cronjob, but after doing so it seemed to do nothing. :-\

[quote=“ivanlabrie, post:72, topic:358”]I couldn’t get it to work under ubuntu 13.04…I’ll just open it manually for now.
Had trouble setting up the cronjob, but after doing so it seemed to do nothing. :-[/quote]

Were you having trouble getting it to run all together or just with chron?
Because I use Xubuntu 13.04 (same as vanilla ubuntu but using xfce front end) and had no problem at all getting it compiled and running

I compiled it many times to test different instruction sets, but I couldn’t set it up to start when turning the pc on, with no need to long on to my account.
I tried modifying a script posted by gigawatt at btctalk (noobproof src setup thingie) and it did work but I had trouble doing the whole thing (since it got stuck in the middle).

[quote=“mhps, post:30, topic:358”][quote=“xolokram, post:29, topic:358”]@mhps:
can you try to connect to the pool using port 13337 (without the ssh tunneling, if that is an option for you?!) ???[/quote]

I get

PrimecoinMiner started
connecting to 5.45.100.191:11337
system:110
connecting to 5.45.100.191:11337
system:110

Strainge.
[/code][/quote]

Hello Brother
I am new to coin mining
apart from some few common terms i don’t know bout it
actually a colleague of mine doing coin mining from beeeeer.org
i am sorry if i mistaken some where, all i know he using beeeee.org
with primecoin miner having 4 files out of which 2 are batch files
one is coded for registry and another is info having like pool address port …
and another is some oossnddrs***.exe file and a prime coiner itself
now i dont know how things are working actuallly, i wish i came to right person
wish u help me out , i wanna know more bout mining and bitcoin,
is there any thread giving whole good info…
thanks
regards

Is http://www.beeeeer.org/blocks broken for anyone else. Seems to be missing the HTML headers and ends up as an un-formatted mess (in firefox, IE refuses to load it). Others are fine…

it’s working fine on firefox 25.0

I seem to be getting a higher percentage of rejected shares with v0.4 (~5%) vs v0.2 (~1-2%).

Any idea why?
TIA

the broadcast for new block work took more than 2 seconds (that’s the time when most rejects happen), that’s unusually high.
i reset the pool — all miners should be connected again within the next minutes.

the current global rejection rate is ~4.4% (this value will be higher once all miners are reconnected again)

fyi one of the users with much machines/miners seem to add alot of machines every minute!

I run the miner on one PC, and all is well. 2 PCs all is well. 3 PCs they start giving “system 10060” errors, all but 2 that is. No matter how many PCs I run the miner on only 2 will mine and the rest do not mine, the 2 that are mining changing occasionally from one PC to another. I believe it is a network traffic issue. I had much the same issue with Litecoin, and the solution was to run a stratum proxy on one PC and point all the miners to it. Is there any similar solution for primecoin?
Of course the obvious solution is to solo mine with my wallet running on one PC and the others RPCed to it, but I want to pool mine rather than see nothing for days or weeks then suddenly have 10 XPM magically appear…
This is NOT a “network configuration” issue. I can’t get DSL or anything where I live so I am stuck with an ISDN line; very limited bandwidth. I can cause all of the miners to fail if I do a speed test.