[SUPPORT] beeeeer.org - tech support

[quote=“xolokram, post:19, topic:358”]@Boo-Boo:
try to install the packages…
libgmp3-dev
libgmpxx4ldbl[/quote]
Done…

Have new problem

root@dorret:~/primecoin-hp/src# make -j 3 -f makefile.unix primeminer g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/alert.d -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp /bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/checkpoints.d -o obj/checkpoints.o checkpoints.cpp g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/netbase.d -o obj/netbase.o netbase.cpp netbase.cpp: In function ‘bool ConnectSocketDirectly(const CService&, SOCKET&, int)’: netbase.cpp:323: warning: dereferencing pointer ‘sockaddr.310’ does break strict-aliasing rules netbase.cpp:323: note: initialized from here g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/addrman.d -o obj/addrman.o addrman.cpp g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/crypter.d -o obj/crypter.o crypter.cpp g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/key.d -o obj/key.o key.cpp g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/db.d -o obj/db.o db.cpp g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/keystore.d -o obj/keystore.o keystore.cpp g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/main.d -o obj/main.o main.cpp g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/net.d -o obj/net.o net.cpp g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/include -I/root/primecoin-hp/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MMD -MF obj/protocol.d -o obj/protocol.o protocol.cpp g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus) Please submit a full bug report. See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs> for instructions. make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 1 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... net.cpp: In function ‘bool BindListenPort(const CService&, std::string&)’: net.cpp:1622: warning: dereferencing pointer ‘sockaddr.1300’ does break strict-aliasing rules net.cpp:1622: note: initialized from here

Grekk, is that you? just kidding.

@Boo-Boo:
That’s a typical message, when you don’t have enough memory to compile (specific: optimize) the source code. How much RAM does your machine have?

if it’s 512 or lower compiling with this command might help:

> make -j 1 -f makefile.unix primeminer CXXFLAGS="--param ggc-min-expand=1 --param ggc-min-heapsize=4096"
or when you're unlucky but it's no problem to wait HOURS:
> make -j 1 -f makefile.unix primeminer CXXFLAGS="--param ggc-min-expand=[color=red]0[/color] --param ggc-min-heapsize=4096"
(this latter one is not really recommended)

i’ll try to cleanup the compile script soon; with some tweaking it should be usable on machines with less than 512 MByte RAM

@mhps:
what are the answers from the server (see [MASTER] Share submitted → …" line) that are not “… → SHARE” ? I guess “REJECTED” ?

• xolokram

Morning xolokram

I’m getting similar issues to mhps.

I recompiled the miner from the latest github code (commit 7b239dd…fe0f)

The miner starts fine and to begin with submits shares as usual.

Probable prime chain found for block=18631... Target: 09.dc839a Chain: TWN06.6812b9 [MASTER] submitted share -> SHARE

After an amount of time (i haven’t timed it so can’t be totally sure, but ‘about’ 20-30 mins) The [MASTER] line just doesn’t show up any more.
Checking the shares stats on beeeeer.org shows that the probable primes aren’t being submitted or rejected.
Restarting the miner fixes the issue and it starts submitting shares again.

Is there any kind of log I can grab to show you what’s going on or would just the output of the miner be OK?

Edit: the [Master] work received lines still show so I assume that means that connection to the pool is ok?

@M2JP:
can you try to use and test the latest commit (ace506e0e8a82130e7f750244bd4d5c20acd8ee3)?? maybe this will help you too @mhps
and see if that helps. when the “Share submitted -> Blah” line doesn’t appear right after the “Probable prime chain” info, then you’ve lost the connection to the server. A reconnection was issued after 10 seconds, which is not suitable in case of a share submission of course. I changed the code to recognize ongoing submissions and the commited fix should help.

If the problems lasts, then i have to dig deeper…

• xolokram

ps. the commit is just sparsely tested (no garantee), but i think everything should work as intented
pps. i added a “connecting to…” log line, so you can see, when the connection has been dropped / reset
ppps. i think that the problem is that some configs (for mining machines) drop connections regarding a specific maximum time. on the pool side i see some “client disconnects” at exactly 30 minutes, some at 60 minutes, some at 120 minutes, so i think it’s not really a issue of the miner / pool (but yes, this should be recognized by the miner and a reconnect should be executed automatically)

Wow! That’s a quick response.

Compiled and testing now. Thanks xolokram

[quote=“xolokram, post:24, topic:358”][…]
ppps. i think that the problem is that some configs (for mining machines) drop connections regarding a specific maximum time. on the pool side i see some “client disconnects” at exactly 30 minutes, some at 60 minutes, some at 120 minutes, so i think it’s not really a issue of the miner / pool (but yes, this should be recognized by the miner and a reconnect should be executed automatically)[/quote]

I guess that some of the disconnects come from some of my machines which have a scheduled restart of the miner. So some of the 30 minutes and 60 minutes disconnects may belong to me. But I have no scheduled restart with 120 minutes :wink:

Hi
I don’t see REJECTED. Actually I was also monitoring my shares on the beeeeer.org/user/xxx directory and I could see there were no rejected shares. I had about one “—>SHARE” every ~5 probable prime chains.

I am testing the latest change.

edit: OK. The problem persists with the new changes. I see sometimes “connecting to 127.0.0.1:11337” after finding probably chains (about 1 in 3 chances). The 127.0.0.1:11337 part is due to I am using ssh to forward the port (see above).
I see hte problem right at the start, different from MJ2P has reported (after 20-30min).
ps. The connection on this machine is shared by many.

I was just composing a reply to say that the new build was working for me but, unfortunately, it just did the same thing again. Total run time was 0.457 hrs.
I also didn’t see the ‘connecting to…’ log message. I have a couple of machines connected to the same router (only one mining currently) and the connection was fine with them at the time of the disconnect.

@mhps:
can you try to connect to the pool using port 13337 (without the ssh tunneling, if that is an option for you?!) ???

@MJ2P:
can you PM me a part of the log output, just to see if i get everything right?

• xolokram

[quote=“xolokram, post:29, topic:358”]@mhps:
can you try to connect to the pool using port 13337 (without the ssh tunneling, if that is an option for you?!) ???[/quote]

I get

PrimecoinMiner started
connecting to 5.45.100.191:11337
system:110
connecting to 5.45.100.191:11337
system:110

Strainge.
[/code]

@mhps:
Port 13337

[quote=“xolokram, post:22, topic:358”]@Boo-Boo:
That’s a typical message, when you don’t have enough memory to compile (specific: optimize) the source code. How much RAM does your machine have?

if it’s 512 or lower compiling with this command might help:

> make -j 1 -f makefile.unix primeminer CXXFLAGS="--param ggc-min-expand=1 --param ggc-min-heapsize=4096"
or when you're unlucky but it's no problem to wait HOURS:
> make -j 1 -f makefile.unix primeminer CXXFLAGS="--param ggc-min-expand=[color=red]0[/color] --param ggc-min-heapsize=4096"
(this latter one is not really recommended)

i’ll try to cleanup the compile script soon; with some tweaking it should be usable on machines with less than 512 MByte RAM[/quote] Machine(Virtual server) have 1024MB ram
I try to do it now

> make -j 1 -f makefile.unix primeminer [color=maroon]CXXFLAGS="--param ggc-min-expand=1 --param ggc-min-heapsize=4096"

Thanks you for help.

[quote=“xolokram, post:31, topic:358”]@mhps:
Port 13337[/quote]

Opps fixed.
Wow what a difference. Every Probable chain found is followed by a [MASTER] submitted share -> SHARE . Excellent. Finding more chains, too.

Oh, just saw a
See a system:104 @ read_some1
connecting to 5.45.100.191:13337

np

looks like your connection is not the most stable one (connection in terms of: the connection the miner establishes to the server)

i’m running a miner locally here, and i have not seen one reconnect in the last 6 hours (since start).

• xolokram

Right. I see the “connecting” line often. Every time i see it usually means I have lost a share.

[quote=“xolokram, post:7, topic:358”]@Asphyxiated:
What command do you use to connect to beeeeer.org? Are you using port 9912 (‘getwork’) ?

• xolokram

ps. thank you for using this thread[/quote]

Yeah I am using port 9912, when I do use port 9912 (instead of 1337 which is what I used before and got curl error 52 but I didnt see 9912 till later) it just says that it can’t connect to the server but it does not give an error 52 or any other error, just no connection can be made, reaper requires a “password”, so i can’t just leave it blank but i saw on the beeeeer.org page that they have the password as -password=0 (or whatever the - password thing is on beeeeer’s own miner) so i set pass to 0 and user to the payment address but nothing as far as I can tell.

I am going to attempt to add xpt support to reaper since they are both open source, I was just hoping to play around with the new reaper (which is really not worth the effort to use right now but perhaps if i add xpt support more people will look at it instead of leaving it a solo mining tool).

Thanks for the help any how.

port 9912 is the port for the ‘getwork’ protocol and it’s still operational
it’s compatible to the original ‘getwork’ protocol & includes jh00’s extension

curl-ing it without the needed information for the pool (proper user-‘name’ , arbitrary password (it’s ignored by my pool) , method & params) will end in error 52 (ignored/unused connection aka no data)

• xolokram

Right. I see the “connecting” line often. Every time i see it usually means I have lost a share.[/quote]

Some statistics after leaving the miner running for 9.5 hours
8.5% rejected 1.5% stale
for the accepted: (less than 400 shares)
91% 6chain
8% 7chain
0.2% 8chain (this seems too low)

I have just pulled the latest (27285b) and will test it.

hi,

i can tell you that the current overall rate is:
valid = ~260000
rejected = ~12000
stale = ~2000
total = ~274000

-> 4,4% rejected & 0,7% stale

this is only regarding the new protocol ‘getworx’ (my miner v0.2 or higher); for the old ‘getwork’ protocol (v0.1 & jhPrimeminer) it’s worse (but the total shares are only ~20k)

concerning the chain length, the current rates are:

‘getwork’ (old, v0.1 & jhPrimeminer)
6 = ~14470 (94,22%)
7 = ~810 (5,27%)
8 = 73 (0,469%)
9 = 4 (0,026%)
total = 15357

‘getworx’ (new, v0.2 or higher)
6 = ~236070 (90,75%)
7 = ~21900 (8,42%)
8 = ~2080 (0,799%)
9 = 90 (0,034%)
9,85 or higher = 21 (0,0080726%) (hitting the current target length, aka block found)[size=8pt] /corrected: there was a mistake in the calculation[/size]
total = 260140

from the raw values (although the ‘getwork’ values are not as reliable as the ‘getworx’ values) i would prefer v0.2 or higher
maybe this will help you (regarding rejection rates) and others (regarding chain length)

i’m surprised by the values for 8- to 9-chains (instead of 9% it’s a <5% factor)

• xolokram

ps. this probably will be a cross-post to the general discussion, as the values can be very interesting for the share-value / payout discussion

Morning xolokram,

I’m happy to report that the issues I was having with the connection to the server dropping for my miners does appear to have been a PEBCAK at my end :-[.
I have a wireless repeater which was extending my network to the room that my main miner is in. It seems that the latency between the repeater and the modem was causing the communication errors.
I’ve just had the miner running while connected to the primary network and everything seems to be working well

*** running time: 4.389hrs

*** 6-chains: 150 (89.820%)
*** 7-chains: 14 (8.383%)
*** 8-chains: 3 (1.796%)

*** valid: 167 (90.761%)
*** rejects: 15 (8.152%)
*** stale: 2 (1.087%)

Sorry for any time that was wasted looking into the problem.