Peercoin v0.4.0 Released - Please Upgrade Before May 4th 14:00 UTC

I downloaded v4 from the “Download!” link at peercoin.net
Seems to have gone smoothly, same account balance, and the client confirms (in the “about PPCoin” menu option) it is version 4
However, everything looks the same as in version 3 - is that as it should be?

Thanks, everyone

PS. Don’t forget to change the download link at the top of the forum

I’ve got QT churning away on a local build right now. If all goes well, and the steps to get from what I have to a .dmg installer don’t need to be tweaked too much, I’ll have an “community” build ready in the next day or two.

On the other hand, if Jeff Larkin beats me to it, i would not be upset :slight_smile:

Ahh okay thank you for the clarification. I was thinking it was version v0.4 of the server software is all we needed to wait on. I’ll keep an eye out for the protocol change in May since I’d like to add a peercoin p2pool node to the other nodes I run. :slight_smile:

I’ve got QT churning away on a local build right now. If all goes well, and the steps to get from what I have to a .dmg installer don’t need to be tweaked too much, I’ll have an “community” build ready in the next day or two.

On the other hand, if Jeff Larkin beats me to it, i would not be upset :)[/quote]
So looking forward to the first community version (and the second if it is better than the first)
The v0.4 update is a bit underwhelming to me, especially on the UI front. I know we can do better.

[quote=“MUTO, post:99, topic:1778”]Sure, but the description should clearly state that there is a fix fee. The fee concept is different from bitcoin and this should be clearly described.

We don´t want Peercoin to be a copycoin (and it is not) but for Joe User the wallet looks like a poor copy.[/quote]
Agreed. Less clutter, less confusion.

On the other hand, if Jeff Larkin beats me to it, i would not be upset :)[/quote]
So looking forward to the first community version (and the second if it is better than the first)
The v0.4 update is a bit underwhelming to me, especially on the UI front. I know we can do better.[/quote]

What kind of things can we expect in the community version? I know I saw you had that sexy mint button…

The v0.4 update is a bit underwhelming to me, especially on the UI front. I know we can do better.[/quote]

What kind of things can we expect in the community version? I know I saw you had that sexy mint button…[/quote]

I believe she said that Fuzzy took the screenshot of the minting button, so maybe he’s the one working on it? Either way, I’d like to know this too, minting button added, more updated Peercoin graphics, removal of the ppcoin name in most places?

I’ve done this for Peershares, so I have a roadmap and list of files that need to change to update the client with the appropriate labels. Unfortunately it’s item #5 on my list right now, so I don’t think I’ll be able to get to it in the next couple of days.

On the other hand, if anyone’s willing to help split the work on the consolidation of the interview question into their respective category polls, I may be able to get to it sooner. I’m hoping that Sunny will accept a pull request for the changes, but if not, I can publicize my public Github repo with the changes.

Send me a PM if you’re interested in helping with the interview work. Thanks!

What kind of things can we expect in the community version? I know I saw you had that sexy mint button…[/quote]

I believe she said that Fuzzy took the screenshot of the minting button, so maybe he’s the one working on it? Either way, I’d like to know this too, minting button added, more updated Peercoin graphics, removal of the ppcoin name in most places?[/quote]
yes i was the one who took the screenshot of the minting button, got my new windows build environment all sorted last night so should be able to do the new builds tonight, minting button will be in the first release after this if all goes to plan :smiley:
Fuzzybear

Does that mean Sunny is not accepting your requests to the official repository?

Posted using Tapatalk for Android.

We are waiting to see, but so far, pull request submitted within the last couple of weeks/months have not been merged. Make of it what you will.

Thanks for clarification. I still hope Sunny will change his mind in this topic

Posted using Tapatalk for Android.

[quote=“Sunny King, post:1, topic:1778”]Upgrade instructions from v0.3.0:

• Backup wallet from qt menu or ‘backupwallet’ command. Please note directly copying wallet.dat file is not a 100% safe backup.[/quote]
    I thought the offline backup of the wallet.dat is a sufficient backup, for all of the known cryptos. What do I miss?

The field “Stake” in the GUI is showing 0.00 PPC, instead of the true stake shown by command “getinfo”.

From my experience, when locking and unlocking the wallet on on the Windows wallet, the ppcoind shows it is unlocked before the yellow padlock icon shows it is unlocked. It is only after clicking the different things on the top of the wallet (Send Coins, Receive Coins, Transactions), and going back to the main balance screen does the icon update.

It must only update the information when you click different tabs, or on a specified time interval I’m wondering. Maybe some one can comment about this… But try clicking all the commands like I said and see if it updates?

From my experience, when locking and unlocking the wallet on on the Windows wallet, the ppcoind shows it is unlocked before the yellow padlock icon shows it is unlocked. It is only after clicking the different things on the top of the wallet (Send Coins, Receive Coins, Transactions), and going back to the main balance screen does the icon update.

It must only update the information when you click different tabs, or on a specified time interval I’m wondering. Maybe some one can comment about this… But try clicking all the commands like I said and see if it updates?[/quote]
I will try, but the field “Balance” changed correctly without pressing anything.

The flaw is known for long, it confuses new users. The total balance of the users coins should always be the addition from the both fields “Balance” and “Stake”.

[quote=“whifmoi, post:116, topic:1778”]I will try, but the field “Balance” changed correctly without pressing anything.

The flaw is known for long, it confuses new users. The total balance of the users coins should always be the addition from the both fields “Balance” and “Stake”.[/quote]

Yeah that would be a UI bug. At least the balance and stake should be updated at the same time, even with a delay.

Currently pull requests are only reviewed/accepted on a limited bases for high priority bugs, due to the ongoing merge with bitcoin 0.8+. Requests would be reviewed/accpeted once the merged code opens in a v0.5 branch.

Alert message sent to all v0.3 clients.

Just noticed that when I fired up my client. Very good. Didn’t know there was that feature in the wallet.
Now no-one can’t say they didn’t know about it unless they are not starting the client I suppose. But we can’t help the people under a rock I guess :wink: