Peercoin v0.4.0 Released - Please Upgrade Before May 4th 14:00 UTC

Release tomorrow, eager to see UI usability features.

Would it possible for the client to be called PeerCoin Wallet or PPC Wallet instead of PPCoin Wallet ?

The github repo name, description at top of the repo page, and link to official web site all need updated too.

[quote=“Ken”]Yes!! >>> “The github repo name, description at top of the repo page, and link to official web site all need updated too.”

Who can do this?[/quote]
I believe @Fuzzybear is looking into this. It looks like only Sunnyking has access.

[quote=“ppcman, post:78, topic:1778”]So I’m good. It did require me to re-download the blockchain. I thought it might have been possible to NOT have to re-download the blockchain if I was running 0.4 before the testnet network converted.

From my experience it appears that every one must re-download the block chain when 0.4 goes on the live network in order to have their txdb files created and populated.[/quote]

Redownload of blockchain is required only if the upgrade is done late, as explained in the error message. In this situation the client would enter safe mode and show the message ‘Blockchain redownload required approaching or past v0.4 upgrade deadline.’

If upgrade is completed at least 1 day before the protocol switch deadline no redownload of blockchain is required.

The ‘upgrade info’ message in the debug log indicates whether txdb has been upgraded to v0.4 or created anew with v0.4 client (i.e. no upgrade). The message is only used for debugging purpose.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:83, topic:1778”][quote=“Ken”]Yes!! >>> “The github repo name, description at top of the repo page, and link to official web site all need updated too.”

Who can do this?[/quote]
I believe @Fuzzybear is looking into this. It looks like only Sunnyking has access.[/quote]

Renaming of the client is a work in progress. It is of lower priority and will be scheduled for future releases. In v0.4 you can see peercoin in the name of the qt window at least, as Peercoin (PPCoin) Wallet.

ppcoin.org should now redirect to peercoin.net properly.

[quote=“Sunny King, post:85, topic:1778”][quote=“Cybnate, post:83, topic:1778”][quote=“Ken”]Yes!! >>> “The github repo name, description at top of the repo page, and link to official web site all need updated too.”

Who can do this?[/quote]
I believe @Fuzzybear is looking into this. It looks like only Sunnyking has access.[/quote]

Renaming of the client is a work in progress. It is of lower priority and will be scheduled for future releases. In v0.4 you can see peercoin in the name of the qt window at least, as Peercoin (PPCoin) Wallet.

ppcoin.org should now redirect to peercoin.net properly.[/quote]

Hi Sunny

Is the RC1 code considered 0.4 final official at this point? Are there any last second new updates to the RC1 code? Thanks!

Any word?

Hi Sunny, where is ppc0.4??

I’m sure everyone is very eager for 0.4, but I don’t think asking where it is over and over again is going to help.

v0.4 Release build is complete and is under final validation. Expect announcement later today.

Sunny was the p2pool settings something you’ve ever looked at yourself when adding support for it, or should someone just work up some up and see if they can get a new network bootstrapped for it?

In v0.4 there is a protocol change required for p2pool support. p2pool is still not yet supported until v0.4 protocol switch completes in May. After that it’s up to the market to decide whether and when to get p2pool running. Due to proof-of-stake security design of peercoin, concentration of mining pools poses no threat to network integrity.

v0.4 released.

Source code:

Official builds for linux and windows
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ppcoin/files/0.4.0/

Gitian signatures of release builds

Cheers :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sunny King, post:93, topic:1778”]v0.4 released.

Source code:

Official builds for linux and windows
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ppcoin/files/0.4.0/

Gitian signatures of release builds

Cheers :)[/quote]

Thanks for that, Sunny.

(separate note)
Some of the folks where talking about a walk-thru for putting in the new wallet. I can’t seem to find the original thread, but this should be closely related enough.
Did anyone ever have a chance to create a ‘this is up you setup your new wallet over your old wallet’ walk-thru? Or is this something that we should considering doing now before the cutoff is fully realized?

[quote=“Drummel, post:94, topic:1778”]Thanks for that, Sunny.

(separate note)
Some of the folks where talking about a walk-thru for putting in the new wallet. I can’t seem to find the original thread, but this should be closely related enough.
Did anyone ever have a chance to create a ‘this is up you setup your new wallet over your old wallet’ walk-thru? Or is this something that we should considering doing now before the cutoff is fully realized?[/quote]

Do you mean this? It is in the first post in this thread.

Upgrade instructions from v0.3.0: - Backup wallet from qt menu or 'backupwallet' command. Please note directly copying wallet.dat file is not a 100% safe backup. - Write down your wallet balance/newmint/stake. - Shutdown and uninstall v0.3.0 client - Download and install v0.4.0 client - Start up v0.4.0 client, verify your wallet balance/newmint/stake - Verify in the About dialog or getinfo output that your client version is v0.4.0pp

I have problem to download or run. I tried many times but failed since windows security. Anyone has the same problem? Is it better to zip the .exe file of windows version?

Install worked for me. But did not upgrade my productive node so far.

I am a little bit dissapointed that there is PPcoin instead of Peercoin everywhere :confused: Also there are still settings for the transaction fee in the options menu which leeds to missinterpretation of the Peercoin concept.

[quote=“MUTO, post:97, topic:1778”]Install worked for me. But did not upgrade my productive node so far.

I am a little bit dissapointed that there is PPcoin instead of Peercoin everywhere :confused: Also there are still settings for the transaction fee in the options menu which leeds to missinterpretation of the Peercoin concept.[/quote]
You can still set a higher fee if you wish 8)

Sure, but the description should clearly state that there is a fix fee. The fee concept is different from bitcoin and this should be clearly descriped.

We don´t want Peercoin to be a copycoin (and it is not) but for Joe User the wallet looks like a poor copy.

However, I am happy the new logo made it in the official release.

When will there be a mac osx version of the wallet released?