[MF] Videos and Content for peercoin.net

Ok thats some progress. The video and bullets need to be in the header though.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:25, topic:2686”]I also like to determine the day the discussion on this proposal ends and the voting starts.
I suggest this will be on 31 July 12.00 UTC allowing for a total of 2 weeks of discussion. I suggest the voting can still happen within 3 days ending 2 August.[/quote]
The design is still in flux, which complicates content creation. However, the voting start date is fast approaching. We need to get the site up and running, so perhaps we should still go forward with the voting period. I should to be able to produce content “blind” that can be used regardless of the final page layout.

If voting proceeds as planned, the project schedule in the opening post stands:

[ul][li]Monday, Aug 11: all written content drafts published for community review and feedback
[/li][li]Monday, Aug 25: all written content finalized[/li]
[li]Monday, Sept 1: all video content published[/li][/ul]

Thank you!

It seems that the layout of the Homepage in terms of menus, links and emphasis (as distinct from design) has emerged as its own topic, separate to the content of individual pages

However, I don’t think this is a problem since we can finalise the homepage while Chronos is doing the content of individual pages/topics. Hopefully it will all marry up (with a bit of tweaking)

Wait, do you mean I would need to remove the dark banner with our logos? I don’t think I can do that. That’s the best looking and most eye catching part of the whole page in my opinion. And it shows off our branding and logos in a clear and enlarged way. :frowning:

How about if I made the banner a little skinnier instead?

[quote=“Chronos, post:62, topic:2686”][quote=“Cybnate, post:25, topic:2686”]I also like to determine the day the discussion on this proposal ends and the voting starts.
I suggest this will be on 31 July 12.00 UTC allowing for a total of 2 weeks of discussion. I suggest the voting can still happen within 3 days ending 2 August.[/quote]
The design is still in flux, which complicates content creation. However, the voting start date is fast approaching. We need to get the site up and running, so perhaps we should still go forward with the voting period. I should to be able to produce content “blind” that can be used regardless of the final page layout.

If voting proceeds as planned, the project schedule in the opening post stands:

[ul][li]Monday, Aug 11: all written content drafts published for community review and feedback
[/li][li]Monday, Aug 25: all written content finalized[/li]
[li]Monday, Sept 1: all video content published[/li][/ul]

Thank you![/quote]
@chronos, happy to start voting, but I’m not sure about the timelines. There is a risk that some people might reject the proposal or not feeling comfortable to vote until there is more clarity. I suggest to add a more flexible timeline for delivery with a dependency, so that you won’t end up having fingers pointed to you later on while you are waiting for others.

Another option that we postpone voting with another week (or more). It is basically your call to make.

My concern is that, without a timeline, the work is in danger of dragging on for much, much longer than anyone expects. One important reason for committing to specific dates is so that we can launch a finished product. We want to get this project done promptly in order to allow other initiatives, such as the Reddit campaign, to reap the full benefit of the new site.

I don’t plan to wait for design decisions before producing content. I will produce content as described in the opening post, and it can be integrated into the website at any time. The website may not be complete at the same time that this proposal is completed.

It seems that the scope, timeline and costs are well-defined in the opening post, so unless anyone objects, I think we’re ready to start the voting process. Can we get clarity from Super3 on whether the funding, if approved, will come from the Peer4Commit Peercoin.net fund or the Marketing Fund?

Thanks!

@super3, it would be great if you could respond to my email regarding the funding of Chronos’ his proposal.

If you are prepared to fund that for 100% from the peercoin.net fund then we don’t need to start voting according to the charter for the Marketing Fund. In my email I have also proposed a 50/50 funding. Happy to discuss other options.

I am happy to start voting based on the current content plan, if that is what Chronos would like. But I would also prefer to have clarification from super3 on which fund to use before starting voting.

Hello, Chronos

Your timetable offers to complete the videos one week after completing the website’s written content.

I would prefer two weeks, to allow one week for the circulation of short written outlines of the videos, and then one week for the filming, itself

It may be the case that this is a formality, but I think a pause between the two elements would be helpful

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:69, topic:2686”]Your timetable offers to complete the videos one week after completing the website’s written content.

I would prefer two weeks, to allow one week for the circulation of short written outlines of the videos, and then one week for the filming, itself

It may be the case that this is a formality, but I think a pause between the two elements would be helpful[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback. I plan to include the short written outlines as part of the rest of the written content, so the outlines will be approved by the community during the review and feedback phase. Does this address your concern? I am also open to taking two weeks for video production.

I agree: we need to know about the funding source before we can start voting.

I would go for partial funding, until we have a clear map of what is needed for the website. I’d support videos for Individual, Mining, and Minting for now. Can add more after those are complete, or when have a clearer map for the website.

tl;dr Lets just start slow.

Partial funding would mean that we have to throw out this proposal entirely, and start over with a new bid for a different scope on the project.

Instead, how do you feel about moving forward with Cybnate’s idea of a 50/50 Peer4Commit/MF split, applied to this proposal? We will have a decent amount of flexibility during the community feedback phase to hammer out the specific video scripts that will be the best fit for the new site.

Partial funding would mean that we have to throw out this proposal entirely, and start over with a new bid for a different scope on the project.

Instead, how do you feel about moving forward with Cybnate’s idea of a 50/50 Peer4Commit/MF split, applied to this proposal? We will have a decent amount of flexibility during the community feedback phase to hammer out the specific video scripts that will be the best fit for the new site.[/quote]

I like this.

Ok, here is the newest version. I made the logos smaller so the peercoin text fits the length of the two green buttons. I also made the dark gray banner skinnier vertically, so hopefully Super3 still doesn’t want to remove it. I also took Cybnate’s advice and added the market cap info back in. I think the main problem was the multi-colored icons used for the user type pages. I removed them and I think it looks a lot better now. We can of course add in dark gray or green icons later on. Click on the image to see the full-size version. Check it out…

Full-Size Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Sentinelrv/Other-Images/PeercoinnetRedesign8.png~original

Alright, Cybnate asked in chat to see a version where the market cap info was listed in the dark gray banner. If you guys don’t like either version, maybe we should just leave the market cap info out. Is it really that important? I think it might make us look too concerned about the price of Peercoin. Anyway, here it is…

Full-Size Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Sentinelrv/Other-Images/PeercoinnetRedesign9.png~original

I think the best place for the price/market cap/supply data is in the very top-left of the homepage, i.e. in the white strip, in the position currently occupied by the word “Peercoin”

We do not need that word, since that we say it again, just underneath, in the black area

Having the price data in the top-left will create, I think, a “home” for the price data without it taking up undue space, and it will nicely balance the horizontal menu on the opposite side (very top-right)

+1 for reply #74 8)

I have just realised, I think, why the word “Peercoin” appears twice - is it because the thin white bar at the copy of the page appears at the head of every page?

Correct. And the dark banner and logos appears only on the home page.

Okay, the black “Peercoin” had better stay where it is!