[MF] Videos and Content for peercoin.net

Partial funding would mean that we have to throw out this proposal entirely, and start over with a new bid for a different scope on the project.

Instead, how do you feel about moving forward with Cybnate’s idea of a 50/50 Peer4Commit/MF split, applied to this proposal? We will have a decent amount of flexibility during the community feedback phase to hammer out the specific video scripts that will be the best fit for the new site.[/quote]

I like this.[/quote]

So what are we doing here? If we’re going to end up doing 50/50, when does the voting start so we can get on with this?

Waiting for a reply from super3 about the 50/50 as proposed by me and suggested by Chronos. When that is clear we can start voting on this proposal.

Have you already emailed him for confirmation? Every day we delay this and the price goes down more, the less we can buy with our PPC.

Edit: Not upset with you or anything. Just a little worried about our ability to fund things in the future using our donated PPC.

@chronos, I’m assuming payment on delivery of videos etc. by default as you didn’t mention this. Please let me know if you like to see it different before voting starts.

I would prefer payment up front, considering the size of the project, though this isn’t a necessity.

Payments can be made directly to my Peer4Commit account, with identifier nHL8ZDW7JFUH.

Ok, email to Super has been sent. Let’s hope he approves this so we can finally get started…

Ok, so you already said that you commit to a partial payment. I think what we're going to do then is hold the vote in the marketing fund board and fund the other half of the proposal through that. Will you commit to paying half from the Peercoin.net fund and we'll take care of the rest?

Chronos has stated he’d prefer to be paid upfront, due to the scope of the project. I tend to agree with this considering the price of Peercoin is going down the toilet. If we’re going to do this, we shouldn’t delay anymore, or soon we won’t be able to afford it. :frowning:

Chronos has stated he may be able to get started on it Sunday if he receives payment before then. He posted his Peer4commit identifier, so you can provide payment right now if you agree to this. Here is his post…

Also, I did some additional editing on the home page concept. I added the market cap information in the dark gray banner under the logos. I also removed the multicolored user type icons until TheWildHorse can make better ones for us. Please check it out and pay half to Chronos if you agree. We’d like to get started on this as soon as possible.

[quote=“Chronos, post:70, topic:2686”][quote=“RobertLloyd, post:69, topic:2686”]Your timetable offers to complete the videos one week after completing the website’s written content.
I would prefer two weeks, to allow one week for the circulation of short written outlines of the videos, and then one week for the filming, itself
It may be the case that this is a formality, but I think a pause between the two elements would be helpful[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. I plan to include the short written outlines as part of the rest of the written content, so the outlines will be approved by the community during the review and feedback phase. Does this address your concern?

I am also open to taking two weeks for video production.[/quote]

Yes, it does. I would be happy for you to take two weeks to do the videos, rather than one. Helps keep it fresh

Looks like there is consensus on this. Approved and sent.

Payment received for 50% of the bid amount. Thank you!

I believe we are ready to begin voting in this thread for the Marketing Fund portion of the bid.

Awesome! Can Cybnate confirm that we can begin voting?

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:87, topic:2686”][quote=“Chronos, post:70, topic:2686”][quote=“RobertLloyd, post:69, topic:2686”]Your timetable offers to complete the videos one week after completing the website’s written content.
I would prefer two weeks, to allow one week for the circulation of short written outlines of the videos, and then one week for the filming, itself
It may be the case that this is a formality, but I think a pause between the two elements would be helpful[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. I plan to include the short written outlines as part of the rest of the written content, so the outlines will be approved by the community during the review and feedback phase. Does this address your concern?

I am also open to taking two weeks for video production.[/quote]

Yes, it does. I would be happy for you to take two weeks to do the videos, rather than one. Helps keep it fresh[/quote]
That would be very helpful on my end, to be able to put more time into video production. I have adjusted the opening post to extend the final video deadline by one week. All other dates remain the same.

Ok, so everyone seems happy to start voting now. Same process as usual. 3 day voting period so the deadline can be 4 PM UTC on Monday 4th August.

Anyone with an active account created more than 3 months before the start of voting and with a karma of 5 or more may vote.

You can vote with a “yes” (indicating you are in favor of this proposal receiving funding), or a “no”.

All voters are encouraged to add a voluntary explanation why they voted yes or no so future submitters can improve their proposals and assess their chances on success.

Please vote now!

I’m just going to add my previous quote here…

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:7, topic:2686”]A lot of money is being requested here, but I feel it’s totally worth it. This is going to be a lot of work for Chronos. This website needs to be completed as soon as possible. Once it’s done, it will allow us to do many things. We’ll be able to have a dedicated place for advertising our animated video. We’ll have different informative pages that we can send people to learn more, plus instructional videos for installing and using the 2 wallets. We’ll have a news blog to keep people coming back to the website. We’ll finally have a newsletter setup where people can receive news via email. We’ll also finally be able to post a new official thread for Peercoin on BitcoinTalk. River made a new one, but I’ve been holding off on posting it until we had our animated video and website complete, Peerunity 0.2 release and possibly even NuBits. We want to look as good as possible when reintroducing ourselves back into the conversation on BitcoinTalk.

So the website being completed is a HUGE deal. We have a designer. We just need somebody to take the lead on content creation. Chronos can help move this project along to completion, so I vote YES![/quote]

Will Ben need to vote again as well?

I vote yes :slight_smile:

I vote yes

One more YES from me :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:94, topic:2686”]Will Ben need to vote again as well?

As the proposal changed a bit, especially the funding and the voting only started just, I think Ben should vote again to confirm or retract his previous informal vote. Only votes issues after voting process started are valid after all.

BTW Good news that super3 agreed to the 50/50 deal.

[quote=“Chronos, post:1, topic:2686”]Contact Information
I am Chronos on Peercointalk. You can reach me by PM on this forum, or by email at chronos.crypto at gmail dot com.

Submission date
Thursday, July 17th, 2014.

Summary
I propose to take a lead role on content creation for the new peercoin.net website, working directly with TheWildHorse to produce the written and video content necessary for launch.

Details
It has become clear that the community effort to redesign the peercoin.net website would benefit from a dedicated individual to head up content creation. In this role, I will edit and/or create written content, as needed, for the pages listed in the below PDF document. In addition to the written content, I will create short instructional videos for specific pages, as listed below.

The following pages will receive content work: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16393012/Peercoin-content.pdf

The following candidate pages will also receive short instructional videos, unless it becomes clear that they will not be beneficial:

[ul][li]Individual: What you can do with Peercoin (saving and spending)[/li]
[li]Merchant: Why you would accept PPC at your business[/li]
[li]Developer: How to get involved in PPC development[/li]
[li]Miner: How to mine PPC (SHA256 explanation, pool mining)[/li]
[li]Why Peercoin: An overview of the major Peercoin features[/li]
[li]Mining Explanation: How Peercoin mining works (reward based on hashrate, etc.)[/li]
[li]Minting Explanation: How Peercoin minting works (1% annual reward, etc.)[/li][/ul]

Target audience
All visitors to the Peercoin.net website, looking to learn about Peercoin. This will likely not be those new to crypto, but instead those who are looking for Peercoin’s competitive advantage over bitcoin and other altcoins.

Budget
The bid for this project is $1695. At today’s exchange rate near $1.40/PPC, this is approximately 1200 PPC.

The detailed budget is as follows:

[ul][li]10 pages of content @ $35 = $350[/li]
[li]7 recorded videos @ $175 = $1225[/li]
[li]Iterative community feedback & integration: $120[/li][/ul]

Deadlines
Sentinelrv has proposed a 100 PPC loan that will get this project started immediately. Voting is planned to be completed on this proposal by August 2nd. If approved by this date, the following are the project deadlines:

[ul][li]Monday, Aug 11: all written content drafts published for community review and feedback[/li]
[li]Monday, Aug 25: all written content finalized[/li]
[li]Monday, Sept 8: all video content published[/li][/ul]

Metrics
Metrics for the peercoin.net website can be measured via Google Analytics. However, this proposal is specifically for the content creation, so no specific metrics are tied to its completion.

Funds management
Payment for this project can be sent to the Chronos Crypto account at Peer4Commit.

Thank you for your consideration![/quote]
Just reposted/quoted the OP given the length of this thread for your convenience.
Key change is that the Marketing Fund only pays 50% and the Website fund the other 50%.
Therefore the Marketing Fund will pay US$847,50 or about 720 PPC (current rate).
Chronos has also indicated that he liked to be paid in advance.
So with a YES vote you agree to all of the above. With NO you reject this proposal. No changes can be made to the proposal during the voting.

Voting started a bit later than initally planned (today) awaiting clarity. Voting will still be 3 days. See River333 post above.

Yes

Chronos had a successful proposal and I’d like to see the website finally updated, let’s get going!