[MF] Intro to Peercoin Video & Slides

In just about 5 hours the voting for this proposal will be closed. Currently I have counted 8 votes for the proposal and none against. Your last chance to speak up or show your support for this.

vote: yes

[edit] the child board “Marketing Fund” is well hidden. I remembered that this vote was going on, but I was almost unable to find it…[/edit]

Vote: yes

The voting deadline has now passed. I count 10 “yes” votes and 0 “no” votes, so the proposal has been accepted and will receive the requested funds.

Work has now begun!

I am awaiting a shipment of a high-quality microphone for the video recording (thanks to NewMoneyEra’s donation for the funding). If the package arrives too late, the video may be delayed by a couple days from the schedule outlined in the opening post. I don’t expect this, though – just a heads up in case it happens.

Thank you, everyone, for your votes! I am confident that you will be pleased with the finished product.

Thinking about the PPC vs. USD value of the payment. Should we lock in the payment amount at a certain date (when the proposal is submitted, or when it’s approved, or when it’s completed)? I’m just thinking that a sudden, large change in the exchange rate could cause an unexpected effect on the Marketing Fund balance, especially for future projects.

The idea is to pay on completion by default, unless that is not reasonable. I’m well aware of the exchange rate risk. Only Nubits can mitigate that, till then we are exposed. I don’t want to transfer the risk to submitters either. I’m reasonably comfortable with this proposal given the size and delivery date to pay you on delivery based on the rate of that day.

With larger proposals we might have to split the risk if the delivery date(s) are more like weeks or months away. Payment on approval is another option leaving the choice to the submitter. However, they might cry out loud or refusing to deliver when they can’t pay their US$ cost when PPC comes down and they didn’t exchange to dollars. This is a perfect example showing that using PPC as a currency is still risky. That’s why we need Nubits.

Looking forward to your video and please keep us informed on progress.

If you need the logo files for the intro or outro titles, remember they can be found here…

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2885.0

Thanks. Development is on schedule!

The first Chronos Crypto video, a review of Sprite’s Peercoin medallion, is now up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX67dYci9VE

Update: Slide deck is just about finished. Filming and editing will take place this weekend.

One last thing that would be useful would be if the OKC video were uploaded to its final resting place in the Peercoin Youtube channel. I’m using some still images from it, so it would be nice to be able to list the URL of the video as the source. This isn’t a requirement, but it would be nice. What is the launch date for the OKC video?

[quote=“Chronos, post:50, topic:2594”]Update: Slide deck is just about finished. Filming and editing will take place this weekend.

One last thing that would be useful would be if the OKC video were uploaded to its final resting place in the Peercoin Youtube channel. I’m using some still images from it, so it would be nice to be able to list the URL of the video as the source. This isn’t a requirement, but it would be nice. What is the launch date for the OKC video?[/quote]

We won’t know the launch date until we talk about how we’re going to advertise it, but a while ago I asked FuzzyBear to capture whatispeercoin.com/.net/.org so that they could be linked to this video once it was released. We’ll most likely use .com. It will provide an easy to remember way for people to link others to the video.

This is really great Chronos. I gave away about 20 PPC, .10 to each person on reddit a few months back. It became very clear how many people didn’t know even just the basics about PPC. Something like this could be incredibly useful.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:51, topic:2594”][quote=“Chronos, post:50, topic:2594”]Update: Slide deck is just about finished. Filming and editing will take place this weekend.

One last thing that would be useful would be if the OKC video were uploaded to its final resting place in the Peercoin Youtube channel. I’m using some still images from it, so it would be nice to be able to list the URL of the video as the source. This isn’t a requirement, but it would be nice. What is the launch date for the OKC video?[/quote]

We won’t know the launch date until we talk about how we’re going to advertise it, but a while ago I asked FuzzyBear to capture whatispeercoin.com/.net/.org so that they could be linked to this video once it was released. We’ll most likely use .com. It will provide an easy to remember way for people to link others to the video.[/quote]

It’s also possible we could use that domain on your video instead if it was a comprehensive enough introduction and error free. The animated video is more of a hook for people to learn more. Your video would provide the actual explanation for people to understand Peercoin and solidify it in their mind as something important.

Sorry to be late for this thread. Go for it Chronos.

Project complete! The total video length came out longer than expected, and it took much more work than expected to design and film. Let’s just say that the community is definitely getting their money’s worth.

The right marketing approach might be to augment this video with some shorter 3- or 5-minute clips, each covering a single topic. Due to the range of topics covered, this is a lot to absorb in one sitting.

Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jx1TlkMBs
Download the slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vtHBI3ZzLRrazKfzAE1W2pOi3qxsukd7vzQNILSP-78/edit?usp=sharing

Can’t all the water drinking be edited out? There is a lot of drinking and it gets distracting after a while.

Thanks for the feedback. I really like how the unedited version gives an authentic feel to the video, but I’ll keep this in mind for future videos.

I just posted this video at bitcointalk.org, since it covers a lot of long-term bitcoin-related issues. Feel free to chime in on the conversation in that thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=693342

I really like your videos Chronos. You’re like crisp and sharp. Very nice!

Thanks for the feedback. I really like how the unedited version gives an authentic feel to the video, but I’ll keep this in mind for future videos.[/quote]
Very nice, just sat out your 37 minutes of unedited video. I agree with the authentic feel, it has some charm over smoothly edited versions. And I guess the drinking is needed to deliver 37 minutes of unedited video :slight_smile:

It was indeed a lot to take on, but I think you did a great job delivering this. Augmenting the video with some more in-depth discussion on certain topics is definitely an interesting proposal. We might also have an introduction to Peercoin before people start watching this, just to introduce them to some basic concepts as wallets and blockchains. I’m looking forward to proposals in this space either from you or from others.

Can we consider this the final cut we can put up on the Peercoin channel or are you waiting for further feedback and discussions?

BTW Do you have the transcripts in case people want to take on the translation of this?