[MF] Intro to Peercoin Video & Slides

Apologies for the late reply. We just had our Independence Day here in the USA.

Most laypeople do not know the phrase “backbone currency,” so I don’t plan to emphasize that term. However, when I highlight the blockchain size and transaction fee mechanism, which are related, I will emphasize how Peercoin is designed to meet the needs of savers, and to support large, secure transfers and payments.

Those are fancy slides, indeed! The new slides will be something in between: closer to the ones we have now, but more professional, with more information and graphs.

How fun! I hope you’ve enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for the generous donation! This will go a long way towards turning the Chronos Crypto Youtube Channel into a reality. You are right about my poor camera. I will use the donated funds as you requested.

Let’s vote in this thread, so that everything stays in one place. It’s July 5th, so we can start now!

Let’s vote in this thread, so that everything stays in one place. It’s July 5th, so we can start now![/quote]

Ok, the voting is open now then. The deadline is 3 PM UTC on July 8.

Anyone with an active account created more than 3 months before the start of voting and with a karma of 5 or more may vote.

Relevant part of voting process:

- For each submission there must be at least 8 valid votes by Voters. When there are less than 8 valid votes at the deadline the submission will be automatically rejected. - When there is equality of votes, only the Peervotes are counted. When there are at least 3 Peervotes, the result of that would count as the final vote. In all other situations one of the fund keepers will provide the deciding vote to their discretion.

You can vote with a “yes” (indicating you are in favor of this proposal receiving funding), or a “no”. All voters are encouraged to add a voluntary explanation why they voted yes or no so future submitters can improve their proposals and assess their chances on success.

Please vote now!

Vote: Yes

Explanation: I voted yes for a number of reasons:

1. Chronos is knowledgeable about the Peercoin Protocol, so my worries about it being badly miss-represented are at a minimum.

2. For the amount of work promised, the amount of funds Chronos has requested are modest.

3. I hope for the modest funding we will pay that we won’t have people trying to be too controlling.

4. We are not giving away a monopoly on this idea. If Chronos efforts would fall short someone else could make a similar proposal that we could still accept. (I do NOT expect this to happen)

5. My understanding is Peercoin won’t have a commitment to this video as any kind of official video. I doubt we even have such authority, or that any such authority exists. But if we like the video after it is made perhaps the marketing group could endorse it then?

6. More videos for Peercoin are generally better than less videos.

7. Chronos has already set forth a pretty well defined guideline with the already established Peercoin slide presentation.

8. If Chronos truly applies himself and catches his muse, he might possibly exceed himself and make an outstanding video that goes viral and launches Peercoin, as the Doggies say: “to the moon!” ;D ;D ;D

Vote: yes

Yes.

This is a well sized effort for a fairly low cost that I expect will go a long way to providing a consistent message to link to when people have questions (or, if you’re trying to expand Peercoin’s message to cryptocurrency neophytes).

vote: Yes.

Anything that helps with spreading the word (accurate info) about PPC is fine with me. Good luck with your venture.

I don’t see why not.

Yes.

Yes please

[quote=“Cybnate, post:20, topic:2594”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:19, topic:2594”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:17, topic:2594”]I have a couple questions…

1. Will you be talking about Sunny’s concept of Peercoin as a backbone currency? If so, at what part? If you need a resource to see his thoughts on this check the community interviews linked in the marketing tools sticky.

2. The new slides that you’ll be making. Are they going to be fancy like this: http://t.co/muheURx5ko Or are they going to look similar to the slides we have now, only more and updated information/graphs.[/quote]

Any word on this?[/quote]
@chronos, and would you prefer in-thread voting or a separate thread?[/quote]

So is that how this works around here? They just arbitrarily delete people’s posts. Don’t send them an email. Don’t contact them just delete their contributions and efforts.

You people aren’t just trying to kill PeerCoin you are really going out of your way to make enemies aren’t you? Fools, fools fools!

Did you have a comment relevant to this topic that was deleted?

Because the Peercoin Marketing Fund is paying for this content, it would own the rights to the video. I would upload the video to my own YouTube channel for linking, but it could be freely used by the community as the need arises.[/quote]

Upon further analysis, it has come to my attention that the above licensing does not sit well with me. It has a couple issues:

[ul][li]The “Marketing Fund” is not an entity, so it technically cannot own a video.[/li]
[li]I do not want someone to sell the video for a profit without my knowledge.[/li]
[li]If I do not own the video myself, I may be limited in how I can use it in the future.[/li][/ul]

Instead, I would like to model this after the license for the new OKC/Jabun Peercoin video.

Basically, the slides and video may be used and modified freely, but only for not-for-profit purposes. Usage of the video requires attribution to the Chronos Crypto Youtube Channel, where it will be hosted. My consent must be obtained prior to using the video in a for-profit venture.

I expect that the community will find this request to be reasonable. However, I understand that some people may consider this to be a change to the proposal, so if anyone would like to retract their vote and/or restart voting, please post in this thread.

Thank you!

I’m fine with the license change, so my vote of “yes” is still valid.

@Chronos, would you be fine to have the video added to the Peercoin video channel?

BTW, I’ve asked to update the license for the Peercoin video a bit to specify its usage preventing others from going with it. Not sure if this is acceptable to them or that community agrees with my proposal, but you might start thinking about it.

Regarding Cybnate’s question, I checked on YouTube policy, and we can upload the video to two channels (Peercoin Official and Chronos Crypto). Unfortunately the comments, views, etc. would be divided between them, but at least it’s possible. I’m ok with this approach, though I’m not convinced it’s best.

An alternative is for the Peercoin channel to add a reference to the video in a playlist, or as a favorite, or some other way. It would be up to the Peercoin channel manager to decide which to do. Links from websites such as Peercoin.net could just embed the video from my channel with no issues.

Looking for just two more “yes” votes before work begins!

[quote=“Chronos, post:34, topic:2594”]Regarding Cybnate’s question, I checked on YouTube policy, and we can upload the video to two channels (Peercoin Official and Chronos Crypto). Unfortunately the comments, views, etc. would be divided between them, but at least it’s possible. I’m ok with this approach, though I’m not convinced it’s best.

An alternative is for the Peercoin channel to add a reference to the video in a playlist, or as a favorite, or some other way. It would be up to the Peercoin channel manager to decide which to do. Links from websites such as Peercoin.net could just embed the video from my channel with no issues.[/quote]
Hmm, agree that it is not great to divide views and comments, but what about adding it to Peercoin channel and having you adding reference? Or are you keen to attract people to your channel/account on Youtube? I guess there is some benefit in it for you which I haven’t thought about yet.

It is also about if someone brave wants to add subtitles in any language to this video we have to ask you to do that. Not a biggie, but maybe not that practical.

I haven’t been able to vote yet, so YES!

Cybnate, I’ll be looking to build brand recognition on the new Chronos Crypto channel, so I think I’ll post the video there when it launches. The question becomes whether the main Peercoin channel wants to link to it, or duplicate it. Either option is fine with me, and we won’t have to make a decision until the video is ready.

If I receive translation subtitles, I’d be happy to add them to the video in my channel.

One more “yes” vote, and work begins!

vote: yes

Thank you! Awaiting confirmation from River333 and/or Cybnate that the project is approved.

Thank you! Awaiting confirmation from River333 and/or Cybnate that the project is approved.[/quote]
The project can only be approved when the 3 day period ends, although unlikely that you would get 8 ‘no-votes’ in the next day I suggest to wait till the voting officially ends. Not keen to set a precedent.

My personal preference would be to have the video on the Peercoin video channel, but I’m open to your idea. As you said, let’s see how we go when it is ready.