Ecoining Peercoin Pool - 1% fee - PPLNS payment system

Links to Android, Iphone & Windows apps to monitor the pool have been added. :slight_smile:

Just log-in, access to the apps from the account menu, under “Mobile Apps”, install and take a pic of the QR code to access your API and that’s all.

Cheers!

Hello fellow miners!

The migration to the new server has been completed. This should fix the connection drops we’ve had the last weeks. :slight_smile:

After a lot of work we’re finally running on the new server, so if you see anything not working as it should, please send a message using the contact form, a mail to support@ecoining.com or a message in Peercointalk. Right now we have a last generation Xeon and 64 GB RAM to spare, so we can grow safely without needing another upgrade for quite some time.

Thank you for your continued support!

OpenSSL Heartbleed bug already fixed:

http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/#peercoin.ecoining.com:443

You can find more info about this brand new critical bug here:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2338750/openssl-security-bug-heartbleed-exposes-two-thirds-of-webservers-to-attack

Copy&Paste from pool’s feed to those following news from here

A lot of new things are happening in the pool’s background lately…

As most of you know we bought new servers and they are working flawlessly. Not a single unexpected drop since the new setup is running and we have a very good speed and reject rate. Also we’re solving blocks at an incredible rate. At the time of writing this we are at an awesome 77% of estimated shares in the last 7 days!! You can check the full stats in the STATISTICS/Blocks page.

Along with the new server we’ve been working in few things, we upgraded Apache and PHP and we’ve been working in the security Area. Along with future improvements we’ll tell you as they come (like Google Authenticator at login), we’re so happy we reached A+ Grade in Qualys SSL server test:

You can check it yourself (and all the details) here: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=peercoin.ecoining.com
You can also check against the ssllabs webpage websites like your bank account, other pools or the NSA webpage to see how it compares :slight_smile:

A couple of very important upgrades are coming soon too. One of them is a complete front-end redesign in bootstrap. We are making the frontend more simple, clear & beautiful. Hopefully it will be in production in about 2-4 weeks. The other new feature is a secret for now, while we work on it, but it will be the best thing of the pool in our humble and personal opinion.

Thank you very much community! You are great!

I got 2 requests

1. Do not mention anymore that we found a lot of blocks, because right after you say it we can’t find any for 12-14 hrs. :wink:

2. Gotta fix that reported hashing rate on the workers, it fluctuates alot and I can’t tell what the true hashing rate is without checking the local cgminer screen.

But all that is not critical as long as we keep on finding blocks :slight_smile:

1. I’ll try not to mention it any more… You must recognize though that 12 straight lucky and very very lucky blocks is pretty awesome :smiley:

2. We’re working in the new front-end where I want to implement fixed difficulty per worker. It shouldn’t be very difficult. I think most people with ASICS prefer it over VARDIFF, am I wrong?

[quote=“mrbickle, post:166, topic:1347”]1. I’ll try not to mention it any more… You must recognize though that 12 straight lucky and very very lucky blocks is pretty awesome :smiley:

1. We’re working in the new front-end where I want to implement fixed difficulty per worker. It shouldn’t be very difficult. I think most people with ASICS prefer it over VARDIFF, am I wrong?[/quote]

Lol make that 14 blocks now in 24 hrs… plus 75 Th/s hashing power = 2hr block find times on average… :slight_smile: Amazing Pool!

Hey guys, what the hell, i just joined the pool and got absolute zero payout on Pool Shift #266!!! could someone reply on here or message me and explain, will payment be calculated later or is it going to stay zero???

Hello Joe!

Unfortunately you’ve joined us in one of those long, endless rounds, when the block doesn’t want to show up. Hopefully we’ll hit some fast ones after this one…

Cheers for the reply, I am reading the thread and it looks like you stroke lucky just before I joined, eco mining is doing well now, but I am not going to transfer as the tables may turn again and I’ll get stuck with poor luck haha

Can an alternative two way authentication system be implemented? I do not have a smart phone and don’t plan to get one! localbitcoin has a cool system where they give you something like 30 numbers and ask you for a different one every time you log in.

I think whoever is running the pool is stealing the block reward as there has not been any pay for over 33 hours now

Hello Joe,

And I think you are confusing your own incompetence with theft.

Please, tell me your pool’s username so I can check before you tell everyone we’re stealing from you (please don’t be CPU mining, I hate when cpuminers accuse us of stealing their 0.00000172 PPC…).

Hey I have bi fury and getting about 38k shares, I am with peercoin.blockmines.com perhaps someone hacked the pool and is using its speed to gain all the coins?

So you’re mining at another pool, and come to our thread to say we steal?

Damn mate, get your shit together…

Is the pool down for everyone?? Pool went dead for me about 30 minutes ago and the website won’t load either.

We’ve opened a support ticket to our host provider. We can’t reach our servers either. We don’t know what’s happening at their end but we’re not happy at all.

We’ve opened a support ticket to our host provider. We can’t reach our servers either. We don’t know what’s happening at their end but we’re not happy at all.[/quote]

OK, thanks mrbickle. I’ll keep an eye on this thread for updates.

The host provider confirmed it was their problem. It’s the second time in few months, so we’ll study the SLA contract and take the appropiate measures.

On the bright side, everything is working again and it’s been a good day regarding blocks, even with the downtime.

Sorry for the inconveniences. We’ll see what can we do to prevent further downtimes. Even if it means moving the whole setup to a new provider.

Regards and thank you for your support!!

Pool down, any update on the ETA to fix the problem?

What about payouts?