Ecoining Peercoin Pool - 1% fee - PPLNS payment system

[quote=“mrbickle, post:140, topic:1347”][quote=“GordonBM, post:139, topic:1347”]I found block nr. 98885 and I’m still not rewarded after 520 blocks :frowning:
How come?[/quote]

Hello GordonBM. Your share of the block was paid almost instantly when the block was found (we actually pay the blocks with 5-10 confirmations, so no need to wait 520 confirms). You can check the transaction in the transactions page of the pool. The transaction ID is 7893.

TxID: 7893
User: GordonBM
Date: 2014-02-28 11:38:34
Type: Credit
Block: 98885
Amount: 1.82292461[/quote]

Oh, but I thought that when you find a block, the reward you get is ~105 PPC?

[quote=“GordonBM, post:141, topic:1347”][quote=“mrbickle, post:140, topic:1347”][quote=“GordonBM, post:139, topic:1347”]I found block nr. 98885 and I’m still not rewarded after 520 blocks :frowning:
How come?[/quote]

Hello GordonBM. Your share of the block was paid almost instantly when the block was found (we actually pay the blocks with 5-10 confirmations, so no need to wait 520 confirms). You can check the transaction in the transactions page of the pool. The transaction ID is 7893.

Oh, but I thought that when you find a block, the reward you get is ~105 PPC?[/quote]

you are in a mining pool. basically every miner will work together & get paid accordingly depending how much effort you have put in.

if you are doing solo mining - u will get the full amount ~ 105ppc

[quote=“GordonBM, post:141, topic:1347”][quote=“mrbickle, post:140, topic:1347”][quote=“GordonBM, post:139, topic:1347”]I found block nr. 98885 and I’m still not rewarded after 520 blocks :frowning:
How come?[/quote]

Oh, but I thought that when you find a block, the reward you get is ~105 PPC?[/quote]

As C’Kay told you, everyone shares the hashing power and the ~105 reward is shared accordingly among everyone.

To understand a little more about pooled mining and how a pool works, please, check our FAQ:

https://peercoin.ecoining.com/index.php?page=about&action=pool

Answer here or send us a mail to support@ecoining.com if you still have any doubt about how all this works :slight_smile:

[quote=“C’Kay, post:142, topic:1347”][quote=“GordonBM, post:141, topic:1347”][quote=“mrbickle, post:140, topic:1347”][quote=“GordonBM, post:139, topic:1347”]I found block nr. 98885 and I’m still not rewarded after 520 blocks :frowning:
How come?[/quote]

you are in a mining pool. basically every miner will work together & get paid accordingly depending how much effort you have put in.

if you are doing solo mining - u will get the full amount ~ 105ppc[/quote]

Long term you earn the same anyway (minus fees), you have ALOT less variability by using a pool though. Bit like joining a lottery syndicate…

On a separate matter MrBickle - I can’t log in: “Token expired, please try again” is all I get constantly… started happening around 2pm today?

Upgraded MPOS today and every time I do it that happens to someone.

Clear your cookies and try again. It should solve the issue.

Can you tell me the OS and browser you’re using? Maybe that will give us hints of why that happens to some people and not to others.

Can you tell me the OS and browser you’re using? Maybe that will give us hints of why that happens to some people and not to others.[/quote]

Ok, I’m on Windows 8, 64 Bit using I.E. 10.0.13. Nothing special about PC or browser.

Can you tell me the OS and browser you’re using? Maybe that will give us hints of why that happens to some people and not to others.[/quote]

Ok, I’m on Windows 8, 64 Bit using I.E. 10.0.13. Nothing special about PC or browser.[/quote]

Did clearing the cookies solve the issue?

Maybe that just happens to IE, I’ll install a windows and check it on a test pool.

Ok, I’m on Windows 8, 64 Bit using I.E. 10.0.13. Nothing special about PC or browser.[/quote]

Ok that worked. On now.

MrBickle - another issue (!)… I am finding the VarDiff settings are really affecting my hash rates… There seems to be an oscillating cycle of Vardiff being too low, which means my share rate increases massively (even reporting over 300Gh/s sometimes on mining equipment which should be 230Gh), which changes the Vardiff settings too high, which drops my share rate below 150Gh/s.

Is there a user adjustable setting for Vardiff please which I can set per worker?

Except for the startum restart few hours ago with the upgrade, your hashrate doesn’t really vary that much, It’s a statistics issue and at the end of the day, the median is fine. MPOS has no way of knowing your hashrate, so It guesses it at 10 minutes intervals.

Some people has told me the same as you though… I see that confuses people. Maybe we should set up a selectable fixed difficulty and forget about vardiff… That’d be easy to do on the stratum end, but probably will require some work on the frontend side.

I’m going to investigate a little about it right now.

[quote=“mrbickle, post:138, topic:1347”][quote=“Drummel, post:137, topic:1347”]I am not here blindly making any accusations, just so I cover this first!!

Second.

On this Ecoining Peercoin Pool site I have a concern I would like to address without anyone making any assumptions first!

Under the “getting started” tab they have a link for a Windows CG miner program. Norton flags it and blocks the site entirely stating there are 7 malicious threats and lists every single one of their miner programs on the Windows CG Miner link.

I know some Virus programs block specific code because of Bot Nets, but I talked to Ben tonight and we tested this with another miner program download and Norton was fine with both the site and the file.

This is just an informative heads up.[/quote]

Hello, thanks for sharing your concerns but:

We are not linking a “Windows cgminer program”, there is a link to the official cgminer page, so if there is any problem you should address them, as it’s nothing pool related. If you check Google, the bitcoin wiki or the cgminer github page, you’ll find the same link.

Also, you shouldn’t use Norton. That is not a good anti-virus nor a good software to have in your personal computer.[/quote]

Thanks for responding mrbickle. I did more poking around (along with shagging Norton for another) and it was truly just a false positive.

Didn’t mean to shake anything up, was just a concern - and thank you again.

[quote=“Drummel, post:150, topic:1347”]Thanks for responding mrbickle. I did more poking around (along with shagging Norton for another) and it was truly just a false positive.

Didn’t mean to shake anything up, was just a concern - and thank you again.[/quote]

You were just politely exposing a possible concern with the pool :slight_smile: That’s a good thing to do to build a strong community.

Thanks to you for responding back!!

[quote=“ppcman, post:132, topic:1347”]Let’s make a deal.

I really your pool, and agree to the 1% charge, as I still mine there.

Any chance of getting some sort of chat up by the March 8th deadline? If you do that, I’ll love your pool forever. :)[/quote]

You have to love our pool now mate! :slight_smile:

We are still tuning it, but I think the chat is pretty neat!!

As we said 1 week ago, 1% fee active now.

Also dynamic PPLNS is active now and transaction fee lowered to default 0.01 PPC.

Thank you for your support! :slight_smile:

[quote=“mrbickle, post:153, topic:1347”]As we said 1 week ago, 1% fee active now.

Also dynamic PPLNS is active now and transaction fee lowered to default 0.01 PPC.

Thank you for your support! :)[/quote]

And it’s not enough for the work you give on this pool :wink:

Hi Miners ! Just installed my 1st miner on the pool ! :wink: It is not OC and I am expecting to get a second modular PCI-E wire to balance the charge …

Have a nice evening / night / day !
Michel

[quote=“MichelG, post:155, topic:1347”]Hi Miners ! Just installed my 1st miner on the pool ! :wink: It is not OC and I am expecting to get a second modular PCI-E wire to balance the charge …

Have a nice evening / night / day !
Michel[/quote]

Welcome! :slight_smile:

By the way, we’ve had what must be a bad luck world record: 783% Block with 45,677,600 shares!!
Fortunately it’s gone to never come back!! :wink:

Thanks Mr.Bickle, we already spoke through email … :slight_smile:

Well… I do have a nasty, or stupid question… I switched a few days to another pool, to make some tests, and something strange (in my point of view) was happening. If I do understand correctly how pools work, you have Round Shares & Est. Shares 6,071,440 (done: 60.57%).

The done, is what has been hashed by the pool and which was correct, isn’t it ? So, the issue I saw was having the Est.Shares growing in %, as per example up to 350%, and then disconnecting my miners, and after a few minutes, seeing the Est.Shares dropping to 325% … I tried several times, to be sure if it was me doing a mistake, or a normal behaviour in that pool… It seems that this is happening every time I disconnected…

So, is something wrong on my setup, is it a bug on the concerned pool, or is there anything I missed / did not understand about mining ?

I know Est.Shares can grow a lot … was mining on the 783% nightmare…

Thanks for your comments.
Michel.

I’d guess that’s because adjust the round estimates to the current difficulty instead of the initial one. Check if there’s a correlation with it when it changes.

It seems that you are right… But… does it mean that all the calculation is wrong ? Not only what is estimated, but what has been hashed by the Miners… Could be a wrong setup on the pool itself (website) ?

Thanks.

I don’t think so, it’s just a different kind of setup.