BlockMines PPC Pool/1% fee PPLNS /Block Explorer/Network Stats!

Hello fellow Peercoiners and Cryptocurrency enthusiasts!

Today we are excited to announce our latest contribution to the Peercoin ecosystem: https://Peercoin.BlockMines.com.

With Block Mines, you can:

• Monitor network information
  • Review currencies statistics
  • Explore the block chain
  • Mine on our PPLNS stratum pool

We believe that Peercoin serves the crypto currency community as a “back bone” with a stable coin value, highly security, energy efficient blockchain, and great long term store of value.

In an effort to provide as much support and transparency in the cryptocurrency market, BlockMines is donating 5% of our pool fees collected to the future development of Peercoin and Peercoin.net.

We hope you enjoy using Block Mines as much as we enjoyed building it.

If you have any questions, comments, or feature suggestions, feel free to reach out to us at team@blockmines.com

Thanks!
The Block Mines Crew

[size=14pt]----Pool fee now 1%----[/size]

Site looks amazing, great job on the layout. Has a btcguild feel to the front-end.

Kudos for a great site!

Thanks guys,

Let us know if you’d like to see anything in particular.

We’re going to be pushing some historical graphs and the like, shortly.

But your feedback will def help us drive features.

Thanks again!

[quote=“Peter@BlockMines, post:4, topic:2044”]Thanks guys,

Let us know if you’d like to see anything in particular.

We’re going to be pushing some historical graphs and the like, shortly.

But your feedback will def help us drive features.

Thanks again![/quote]

I think your fee is too high comperd to other pools. If you can lower it a bit, maybe you can get more hashing power, more blocks and in the end make up the difference.

That right there is probably why there’s a 2% pool fee.

So, question - how exactly is that 5% making its way back to the Peercoin devs? Are you going to be moving Peercoin to one or more of the devs wallet address directly? Are you donating the 5% to a certain project? And what kind of transparency do you plan to put forward so miners of your pool can see where this 5% is going exactly?

That right there is probably why there's a 2% pool fee.

So, question - how exactly is that 5% making its way back to the Peercoin devs? Are you going to be moving Peercoin to one or more of the devs wallet address directly? Are you donating the 5% to a certain project? And what kind of transparency do you plan to put forward so miners of your pool can see where this 5% is going exactly?

We spent a lot of time with regards to payouts and shift info. Our shift pages shows what blocks are being paid to which shifts and all pertinent information regarding those shifts. That way out pool users can hold us accountable.

As for donations, on the shift listing page and our FAQ page we show total coins mined, our fees and the coins we will donate.

That said, on Monday we’ll launch a page that shows transaction ID’s, amounts, wallet address and organization that has been and will be paid out.

We’ve started discussions with the developer behind peercoin.net and have reached out to one of the moderator of peercointalk. We hope to reach out to more soon. To date we’ve donated 50PPC to peercoin.net to get the ball rolling and start the trust between our organizations. We hope to replicate this with other pertinent parties.

Hope that answers your questions, let us know if you have any more!

Best,
The Block Mines Crew

Yup, that’ll work. Thanks for replying.

Hey everyone. We added two new pages to the site today:

This will allow for full transparency of how much we are donating and where it goes.

Also,

[size=18pt]We’d like to announce our kickoff promotion.
[/size]
Mine with us during the next 30 days (03-18-2014 until 04-17-2014) and you will receive an additional 5% payout.

You can come and go as you please there is no requirement for you to mine the 30 days in its entirety.

On 04-18-2014 we will deposit an additional 5% of what you earned in our promotion window.

We plan to keep developing and updating the site weekly. Let us know if you have any particular request.

Best,

Block Mines Team

Hey guys,

We’ve just pushed a new update.

Graphs, Graphs, and more Graphs.

• Proof of Work Transactions
  • Proof of Work Volume
  • Proof of Stake Transactions
  • Proof of Stake Volume
  • Network Hashrate
  • Network Difficulty
  • Miner Revenue (From POW)
  • Cost per Transaction

https://peercoin.blockmines.com/

We’ve got a bunch more things lined up, let us know what you’d like to see!

Best,
The Block Mines Crew

Can we get a mobile app to monitor the pool? Something like D7’s + maybe an alert message or graphics when a miner goes down?

Hey sahkan, thanks for the feedback. We can definitely integrate some kind of notification option for a disconnected miner and do this relatively quickly. The mobile app may take us a bit longer but it’s in the works. For now, we spent sometime optimizing the site for mobile browsing. Let us know how that looks to you.

Nice site, it looks nice and seems to be more stable compared to D7.

Ran into a problem. I was trying to set my difficulty level for my miners and I can set the difficulty for the first miner under manage worker, but the other workers will not update. Example, they are all set to 128 Difficulty, I want to set them to 256 difficulty and the first worker updates but the others will not. Also, do you have variable difficulty? My miners normally run 300 to 600 difficulty on other sites, but on yours they stay at whatever it is set at in manage workers. Not a big deal, I can leave them at 256, but I can’t seem to change them from 128.

Moved my 60GH on your pool… let’s see… :slight_smile:
Looks great!

[quote=“rm1023, post:13, topic:2044”]Nice site, it looks nice and seems to be more stable compared to D7.

Ran into a problem. I was trying to set my difficulty level for my miners and I can set the difficulty for the first miner under manage worker, but the other workers will not update. Example, they are all set to 128 Difficulty, I want to set them to 256 difficulty and the first worker updates but the others will not. Also, do you have variable difficulty? My miners normally run 300 to 600 difficulty on other sites, but on yours they stay at whatever it is set at in manage workers. Not a big deal, I can leave them at 256, but I can’t seem to change them from 128.[/quote]

Thanks for catching the bug. All fixed.

If you have any features you would like to see or need let us know.

[quote=“andricor, post:14, topic:2044”]Moved my 60GH on your pool… let’s see… :slight_smile:
Looks great![/quote]

Hey andricor thanks for the support. If there is any features you need or would like to see implemented we are all ears. :). Hope to keep you mining with us!

[quote=“blockmines, post:16, topic:2044”][quote=“andricor, post:14, topic:2044”]Moved my 60GH on your pool… let’s see… :slight_smile:
Looks great![/quote]

Hey andricor thanks for the support. If there is any features you need or would like to see implemented we are all ears. :). Hope to keep you mining with us![/quote]

You know what would be cool, something that shows which pool relayed the latest blocks, like blockchain.info does for bitcoin.
But I don’t know if this is “out of scope”… :wink:

[quote=“andricor, post:17, topic:2044”]You know what would be cool, something that shows which pool relayed the latest blocks, like blockchain.info does for bitcoin.
But I don’t know if this is “out of scope”… ;)[/quote]

Playing devil’s advocate here, don’t take offence.

Why would it be cool? Most people would say “So I could find the biggest block finding pools and join them, since we’d see block finds more often”

In general we don’t want that… Only 2 or 3 pools mining all blocks isn’t good. The more spread out it is, the better. It should be more cool that this doesn’t exist for Peercoin right now. :slight_smile:

[quote=“ppcman, post:18, topic:2044”][quote=“andricor, post:17, topic:2044”]You know what would be cool, something that shows which pool relayed the latest blocks, like blockchain.info does for bitcoin.
But I don’t know if this is “out of scope”… ;)[/quote]

Playing devil’s advocate here, don’t take offence.

Why would it be cool? Most people would say “So I could find the biggest block finding pools and join them, since we’d see block finds more often”

In general we don’t want that… Only 2 or 3 pools mining all blocks isn’t good. The more spread out it is, the better. It should be more cool that this doesn’t exist for Peercoin right now. :)[/quote]

No offence, of course!

Probably you’re right… In any case I’m not sure that everybody joins the big ones, at least I don’t. I prefer the few and bigger block share solution… :wink:

One thing I would like to see is some type of community real-time chat room or IRC channel setup, something that is easily accessible via the web. You’ve got an amazing site and a decent amount of hashrate on the pool, last big piece of the puzzle imo is community building. D7 has a chatroom, but the admins are rarely present. A lot of us that used to mine peercoin at D7 created our own pool (which didn’t take off unfortunately :frowning: ) and setup our own community chat room and forums, which gets a fair amount of use. Friendships have been made, we all help each other out with technical issues, help new users to get setup, discuss bitcoin/peercoin and everything else.

You do that and maintain it the way it should be, the more users and hashrate should follow.