BlockMines PPC Pool/1% fee PPLNS /Block Explorer/Network Stats!

[quote=“ppcman, post:18, topic:2044”][quote=“andricor, post:17, topic:2044”]You know what would be cool, something that shows which pool relayed the latest blocks, like blockchain.info does for bitcoin.
But I don’t know if this is “out of scope”… ;)[/quote]

Playing devil’s advocate here, don’t take offence.

Why would it be cool? Most people would say “So I could find the biggest block finding pools and join them, since we’d see block finds more often”

In general we don’t want that… Only 2 or 3 pools mining all blocks isn’t good. The more spread out it is, the better. It should be more cool that this doesn’t exist for Peercoin right now. :)[/quote]

I agree with adricor that it would be a nice feature to see the layout of the mined blocks. For now I always have to look up the address from my list. Also a small suggestion on the stats page under mining costs you have:

% earned from transaction fees 0.02%

That is incorrect as the fees are destroyed. I would suggest adding % earned from minting (PoS) and mining + minting combo would give us a total revenue.

One thing I would like to see is some type of community real-time chat room or IRC channel setup, something that is easily accessible via the web. You’ve got an amazing site and a decent amount of hashrate on the pool, last big piece of the puzzle imo is community building. D7 has a chatroom, but the admins are rarely present. A lot of us that used to mine peercoin at D7 created our own pool (which didn’t take off unfortunately :frowning: ) and setup our own community chat room and forums, which gets a fair amount of use. Friendships have been made, we all help each other out with technical issues, help new users to get setup, discuss bitcoin/peercoin and everything else.

You do that and maintain it the way it should be, the more users and hashrate should follow.[/quote]

Totally on the same page, we’ll add a community area with chat asap. :slight_smile:

I agree with adricor that it would be a nice feature to see the layout of the mined blocks. For now I always have to look up the address from my list. Also a small suggestion on the stats page under mining costs you have:

% earned from transaction fees 0.02%

That is incorrect as the fees are destroyed. I would suggest adding % earned from minting (PoS) and mining + minting combo would give us a total revenue.

Ah good point, we’ll fix those issues on the mining costs. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to recover a lost password on the site?

PM Sent.

hello
I have a problem connecting to the site can you help me
kaziyin38

[quote=“kaziyin38, post:26, topic:2044”]hello
I have a problem connecting to the site can you help me
kaziyin38[/quote]

Sent you a PM so we can try and troubleshoot your issue.

Hello Miners we have some great news today.

[size=14pt]We have decided to drop our pool fee to 1%[/size]

Over the last couple of weeks we have been pushing small updates to the site.
Here’s a list of the things we’ve added or tweaked:

-A news feed which includes reddit news and twitter post.
-We are now indexing our price feed from various exchanges producing an average.
-Email notifications when worker is down. System checks every 15 mins and will notify you if the miner is down. You will only receive on email if miner is down across multiple checks.

Graphs:

• PPC USD price from BTC-E and CryptoTrade
    -Total transaction output

We are working on a mobile app to make it convenient to monitor your workers and stats.

Lastly we are getting ready to process the bonus 5% payout to all the miners that participated during the bonus payout period. Well come back and post here in the next couple of days when we push the payment. Thank you so much for all the support you’ve shown us thus far. We plan on continuing to bring what we can to the Peercoin community.

I had planned to move back onto Blockmines, but when I attempted to log in, I cannot seem to get authenticated. I have 2FA, which is working for other locations like D7 and Slush, but not for Blockmines. Can you point me in the right direction to get my account reset?

Is there an android app (like MPOS Viewer) to monitor the pool through the API feed?

I think we fixed your problem through email. Let us know if it still persist. team@blockmines.com

Thanks for mining with us!

Hey sahkan. We’ve been working on a mobile app and its looking like it’ll be completed towards the latter part of next week. We’ve also been tweaking our api and reaching out to other monitor app makers to support the pool so that there’s plenty of choices. Thanks for your patience and continued support.

[size=14pt]Your pool still charges 2%, even though you advertise 1%.[/size]

Hey thanks for catching our mistake :-[ . Our back-end processing workers were not rebooted to reflect the changes to the fee so they kept calculating at the 2%. To compensate for this error we’re going to pay any user active since the switch 1 ppc each. We announced the switch to the 1% fee back on April 21st so this has been going on for about 8 days. We will calculate the total charged incorrectly and post those numbers shorty to make this error completely transparent.

We really appreciate everyone being understanding and having patience with this issue. Trust is extremely important to us and we want to make sure that we always provide a fair and honest service.

Love the design of your site blockmines , really cool.

Wondering if you could help me with a query I have ?

If last 24 hours there was 184 PPC blocks found .

Network hashrate is 244 Ths and pool hashrate is 19Ths .

No PPC blocks found on blockmines for 31 hours seems strange.

Am I reading the network hashrate correctly?

I think we fixed your problem through email. Let us know if it still persist. team@blockmines.com

Thanks for mining with us![/quote]

hi Blockmines, I seem to have exactly the same problem with my account. trying to log in and it says the authentication failed. I have 2FA as well. Can you help?

[quote=“silverstacker, post:35, topic:2044”]Love the design of your site blockmines , really cool.

Wondering if you could help me with a query I have ?

If last 24 hours there was 184 PPC blocks found .

Network hashrate is 244 Ths and pool hashrate is 19Ths .

No PPC blocks found on blockmines for 31 hours seems strange.

Am I reading the network hashrate correctly?[/quote]

Hey silverstacker thanks for mining with us. Glad you like the site :D. Unfortunately in the beginning of the week we experienced our worst luck streak since we started the pool. It was horrible. We went almost 50 hrs without finding a block and then found 2 blocks within a block of each other. Overall our power has remained pretty consistent. With our power on average I would say we are finding 2-3 blocks a day. While this streak was painful, we’ve had days where we hit more than 5 blocks and even one day we hit a record 9 blocks. The best thing is to stick with the pool so you get the good and the bad days and it averages out.

Hope you continue to enjoy the site. Let me know if I answered your query.

hi Blockmines, I seem to have exactly the same problem with my account. trying to log in and it says the authentication failed. I have 2FA as well. Can you help?[/quote]

Please email team@blockmines.com and we will sort you out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

hi Blockmines, I seem to have exactly the same problem with my account. trying to log in and it says the authentication failed. I have 2FA as well. Can you help?[/quote]

Please email team@blockmines.com and we will sort you out. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/quote]

Ok, I originally emailed on 23 April without response, so have re-emailed this again. Please could someone respond?
Many thanks

Please email team@blockmines.com and we will sort you out. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/quote]

Ok, I originally emailed on 23 April without response, so have re-emailed this again. Please could someone respond?
Many thanks[/quote]

Thanks for response, all working again