Peercoin Video by OverkillCoin

I think the voice is good, doesn’t need to be changed, however, to give some constructive criticism, aren’t the sound effects a bit soft? Could be just me, but I barely could hear them, maybe this is why ppcman wanted to block out the voiceover, because ppcman wanted to listen to the sound effects, but it was really low volume, and the narrator was talking through it. Could be my speaker setup, just my opinion.

@sportscliche
True dat

@irritant
Fair point, Sir. I was going to compare it with the Bitcoin vid once the rest of the sound effects (and the music) was done so I can get a better idea on the mix with everything there, but yeah, I agree that the vocals probably need a turn down a tad. It’s an easy fix :3 the video there was mostly to demonstrate the sounds and how it syncs to the video, but there’s some more polishing yet to be done :smiley:

@Overkillcoin and Jabun

Please continue with the video as planned. The work you are doing is great. The voice was already accepted by the community, so there is no way back. The video will be a huge improvement over the existing peercoin video.

A video with a sexy woman’s voice to attract the masses will only be needed once peercoin is running on Smartphones and Iphones and has a button for cold-locked minting, and once we have upgraded to the improved reward scheme that Sunny recently announced, which benefits small investors. And once peershares is up and running of course.
Peershares is only briefly mentioned in the video, so if Peershares is successful, an additional presentation video will be needed anyway.

I am just a very small investor in Peercoin, but this discussion here really made me login and say my opinion.

Thanks!

Look here:

I just wanted to say that my previous post about the voice (Which I deleted), wasn’t because I was agreeing with ppcman about the voice. I was only giving out a suggestion in case it needed to be changed for some reason. Please continue on! :slight_smile:

i have been messing around today with some vocal recording and here is what turned out:
AN PVv1 (EDIT) is a more freestyle version
AN PVv2 (EDIT) follows the current vocal more closely timewise

the main reason i am posting is because it was mentioned that a female vocal may be useful in the future and i wanted people’s opinions. i do think the current vocal for overkillcoin’s video is better for various reasons.

@overkillcoin
i hope you don’t mind me putting these examples up. i really like how the video is shaping up, appreciate the hard work you are putting in and and am glad you are still continuing with it…

@Jabun
really liking the sound effects - they don’t really come out strong on my laptop speakers but sound great in headphones. the only effect i would change is the one for peercoin being ‘innovative and unique’. i wondered if a more angel choir/halo ‘aaaah’ type effect might work?

[quote=“river333, post:461, topic:2095”]I understand your frustration overkillcoin, and I agree that it is ridiculous to bring this up at such a late stage.

However, as far as I’m concerned, consensus was already given on the voice and that hasn’t changed due to one or two posts. The time for making that decision has passed. I hope you can continue working on the project.[/quote]
Thanks River333. Agree, please continue as agreed Jabun and Overkillcoin.
I think PPCman’s concern was primarily about the mixing and the voice being to much in the foreground and then he went off on a tangent in an effort to provide a solution. Jabun already said he would look into the mixing issue and I agree that some work is required in that space. I’ve seen a few NXT and other videos which have a good balance between sound effects and voice-over, so I’m sure it can be done and trust you to work it out. Maybe the sound effect needs to be synchronised on loudness first as some are louder than others in my opinion, but it might be my low-grade computer speakers.

@rootsical, very nice demo and effort. It is good to compare, but agree that this doesn’t work that well for this video.
Is it a real human voice or did you manipulate/mixed your own voice?

Hi Peer Friends,

More animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIto0bHBiM&feature=youtu.be

Changes to make:
Tone down the lime green (seen in verify/secure in the network scene)
Make the ( / ) smaller in the data center scene
0:25 - change iPhone position (a bit) for aesthetics
0:26 Unfade the network after the computers disappear

The data center:
I attempted to render this with camera depth of field, but the combination of hundreds and hundreds of surfaces and the tendency for afterEffects to have limited rendering power for wide areas, it didn’t seem worth it. I can possibly fake the effect with trickery. Even without the d.o.f., it was taking 30 seconds to render each frame.

Have a nice day :))

@r00tsical
I can look into that choir sound effect for you. It’s pretty simple to make :smiley: It was the one just after the flag gets put in the ground right (With all the shining and stuff)? Let me know :smiley:

@Cybnate
Some effects I think should be naturally quieter than others, but yeah, as I’ve said before, I’ve still work to do there. It’s difficult to get all the levels right without everything being there first, so I’ve been focusing on the creation and syncing of the sound effects until I’ve got all the audio.

Thanks for all the support guys. It’s great that people like the work we’ve been doing :3 Also very motivational XD

Schweet! Update :smiley: That’s the beginning of my week sorted! XD

Out of interest, how often would people want updates from my end? Every time a new section of animation is done, or fewer? I can put another update out once all the sound effects are done if you want, before I start on the music, then another one once the music is done + mastering. We can discus from there any changes, then once all the taste tweaks are ironed out in the audio, send it to OKC to print to good quality video?

@r00tsical
I had a play with that choir sound effect (Also I’ve turned the vocals down a bit more). Is this the sort of thing you wanted?

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/i070w4ogs64k4q1/PeerCoinAdvertChoirSFX.wav

@Jabun
nice one for giving it a go… yeah it’s the second sound in your clip that i am on about. it’s still not really what i had in mind, i was thinking like a cross between these two:
angel sfx
tada sfx
perhaps the angelness from the 1st (just the choir, not weird lower vocal), but the compactness from the 2nd. i like the artificialness of your one though. perhaps just making it higher frequency would do the trick? very difficult to describe and i know you like a challenge but please don’t worry too much about it!

@r00tsical
No worries. I don’t want to take too much time on it though (plenty of other effects to make :D). I added an extra note to the top and it sounds a lot more like the angel sfx now (without the strange low vocal), just a little less quivery:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ik419hquu35u709/PeerCoinAdvertChoirSFX2.wav

Sound any better?

Not really sure how to cross it with the tada, but if you want, I can try layering a similar tada brass sound over the top? Probably best to keep it as simple as possible though (It might be a one-or-the-other sort of thing rather than having both). I agree, it’s difficult to describe these things without just showing someone exactly what you want, but if you could then you’d already have the thing you wanted ;D Heheh I do enjoy a challenge!

@Jabun
that’s the one, it’s the higher register i was missing! good work

@r00tsical
Schweeet! +1 Happy customer XD

Hi Peer Friends,

Here’s another segment. There’s some concern about one of the green arrows stabbing into a peercoin, which I’ll fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bQea70pYQ&feature=youtu.be

Thanks again!

By the way, this is the 75% mark!

;D

Beautiful.

I hate to mention this, but “Backbone” is one word (see https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=define%20backbone). Also, the quotes appear extremely amateur. The ribbon should simply say: Backbone Currency. Is this difficult to change?

If it’s easy to change, we might also consider swapping out the word “different” above the peercoin in the previous video segment. Around here, being “different” is not a positive thing, so although having it in the spoken portion is fine, its appearance in a ribbon is odd. Other ideas for that text:

[ul][li]Staked[/li]
[li]Minted[/li]
[li]Peer to Peer (I like this one best)[/li][/ul]

If it’s not an easy change, then just don’t worry about it. However, I think the “Backbone” issue should be addressed.

Good work!

[quote=“Chronos, post:482, topic:2095”]Beautiful.

I hate to mention this, but “Backbone” is one word (see https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=define%20backbone). Also, the quotes appear extremely amateur. The ribbon should simply say: Backbone Currency. Is this difficult to change?

If it’s easy to change, we might also consider swapping out the word “different” above the peercoin in the previous video segment. Around here, being “different” is not a positive thing, so although having it in the spoken portion is fine, its appearance in a ribbon is odd. Other ideas for that text:

[ul][li]Staked[/li]
[li]Minted[/li]
[li]Peer to Peer (I like this one best)[/li][/ul]

If it’s not an easy change, then just don’t worry about it. However, I think the “Backbone” issue should be addressed.

Good work![/quote]

I fixed the backbone spelling and deleted the quotes… As for the other change, it was part of the approved script (there was already some discussion about it) and changing the audio would lead to more costs and I’d have to go back and re-synch the scene (all other scenes would be slightly out of synch and take some time to re-adjust)

I don’t mean changing the audio, only what is written in the ribbon.

In that case, it would be very simple!

Can we get some sort of consensus and then I’ll change it up?