Peercoin Video by OverkillCoin

Hi Peer Friends,

Here’s another segment. There’s some concern about one of the green arrows stabbing into a peercoin, which I’ll fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bQea70pYQ&feature=youtu.be

Thanks again!

By the way, this is the 75% mark!

;D

Beautiful.

I hate to mention this, but “Backbone” is one word (see https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=define%20backbone). Also, the quotes appear extremely amateur. The ribbon should simply say: Backbone Currency. Is this difficult to change?

If it’s easy to change, we might also consider swapping out the word “different” above the peercoin in the previous video segment. Around here, being “different” is not a positive thing, so although having it in the spoken portion is fine, its appearance in a ribbon is odd. Other ideas for that text:

[ul][li]Staked[/li]
[li]Minted[/li]
[li]Peer to Peer (I like this one best)[/li][/ul]

If it’s not an easy change, then just don’t worry about it. However, I think the “Backbone” issue should be addressed.

Good work!

[quote=“Chronos, post:482, topic:2095”]Beautiful.

I hate to mention this, but “Backbone” is one word (see https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=define%20backbone). Also, the quotes appear extremely amateur. The ribbon should simply say: Backbone Currency. Is this difficult to change?

If it’s easy to change, we might also consider swapping out the word “different” above the peercoin in the previous video segment. Around here, being “different” is not a positive thing, so although having it in the spoken portion is fine, its appearance in a ribbon is odd. Other ideas for that text:

[ul][li]Staked[/li]
[li]Minted[/li]
[li]Peer to Peer (I like this one best)[/li][/ul]

If it’s not an easy change, then just don’t worry about it. However, I think the “Backbone” issue should be addressed.

Good work![/quote]

I fixed the backbone spelling and deleted the quotes… As for the other change, it was part of the approved script (there was already some discussion about it) and changing the audio would lead to more costs and I’d have to go back and re-synch the scene (all other scenes would be slightly out of synch and take some time to re-adjust)

I don’t mean changing the audio, only what is written in the ribbon.

In that case, it would be very simple!

Can we get some sort of consensus and then I’ll change it up?

There was an earlier discussion about whether the audio should say “different” or “better”. I contend that “different” simply has to be a good thing in the context of a marketing video. If it was different in a bad way, then what’s the point of this? Reference Apple’s marketing campaign “Think Different”.

I agree that “Peer to Peer” is a good choice to replace DIFFERENT on the flag.

Not sure about peer-to-peer. It looks long, doesn’t say much and already in the name of the coin. Don’t like staked or minted either.
I think Different is still ok in this context. If anything needs changing, I would go with the classic marketing term ‘Improved’. But it is a bit of an overused term.

Just letting you all know. I flipped over my calender this morning and remembered I’m away for half of next week on my summer break. I’ll be away from the studio so I won’t be editing or answering messages, but if you leave me messages on the forum, I’ll get back to them when I return (I’ve noticed most of the posts come in the weekend though, so I doubt I’ll miss much).

So in short. I’ll be heading off on the afternoon of Sunday 6th and returning to work on Friday 11th. I’ll try my best to get as much done as possible before I go, but if you don’t hear from me over that period don’t panic XD

As for today? More sound effects ;D

[quote=“Jabun, post:488, topic:2095”]Just letting you all know. I flipped over my calender this morning and remembered I’m away for half of next week on my summer break. I’ll be away from the studio so I won’t be editing or answering messages, but if you leave me messages on the forum, I’ll get back to them when I return (I’ve noticed most of the posts come in the weekend though, so I doubt I’ll miss much).

So in short. I’ll be heading off on the afternoon of Sunday 6th and returning to work on Friday 11th. I’ll try my best to get as much done as possible before I go, but if you don’t hear from me over that period don’t panic XD

As for today? More sound effects ;D[/quote]

Nobody’s panicking, just people dumping coins by loads of 75 000 PPC.

How can a 30-60 sec video take 5 month to make ?

I think this project need additional funding attach with an ultimatum.

[quote=“Transisto, post:489, topic:2095”]Nobody’s panicking, just people dumping coins by loads of 75 000 PPC.

How can a 30-60 sec video take 5 month to make ?

I think this project need additional funding attach with an ultimatum.[/quote]

1. The project was conceived of on March 25. So essentially it has been three months, not five. Three months and a week.

2. The final video will be 3641 frames, over two minutes.

3. This is being done by a very small team. I’ve had to write, create art for, and animate this entirely on my own. You know, it could have helped a lot if I was just handed a script, but I wanted to help out.

4. The initial voice track was not approved and the voice over guy had allergies while there was about two weeks of discussion. That was a factor. I really should have had the voice recorded earlier (while I was still working on the art) so there was no downtime. My fault.

5. I’ve had to take on a day job along with moving out.

Doing this for the price I’ve been doing it, I’ve had to keep doing other projects. $4000 spread over three months doesn’t pay the bills, and I didn’t want to ask for it all at once. This type of video may have been done quicker by someone else, but the price is VERY FAIR.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Please let me know where you want me to go from here.

we all want this to continue of course, and you’re doing a great job, I don’t think Transisto is commenting your work, it is the PPC price falling, and some video could really help maybe what he says, with marketing at least, nobody knows what the price will do of course.

He mentions maybe there should be more funding for you, and maybe wants to know a release date, if possible, I don’t dare to make predictions these days myself actually

[quote=“irritant, post:491, topic:2095”]we all want this to continue of course, and you’re doing a great job, I don’t think Transisto is commenting your work, it is the PPC price falling, and some video could really help maybe what he says, with marketing at least, nobody knows what the price will do of course.

He mentions maybe there should be more funding for you, and maybe wants to know a release date, if possible, I don’t dare to make predictions these days myself actually[/quote]

I’m trying to animate the rest of it tonight/early tomorrow. Hoping to show a complete render in the next 12 hours. That’s the goal! From there, it’s remaining sound effects and some fine tuning of animation.

[quote=“overkillcoin, post:492, topic:2095”][quote=“irritant, post:491, topic:2095”]we all want this to continue of course, and you’re doing a great job, I don’t think Transisto is commenting your work, it is the PPC price falling, and some video could really help maybe what he says, with marketing at least, nobody knows what the price will do of course.

He mentions maybe there should be more funding for you, and maybe wants to know a release date, if possible, I don’t dare to make predictions these days myself actually[/quote]

I’m trying to animate the rest of it tonight/early tomorrow. Hoping to show a complete render in the next 12 hours. That’s the goal! From there, it’s remaining sound effects and some fine tuning of animation.[/quote]

very excited to hear!

ps Bad Cop No Donut is really funny

[quote=“Cybnate, post:487, topic:2095”]Not sure about peer-to-peer. It looks long, doesn’t say much and already in the name of the coin. Don’t like staked or minted either.
I think Different is still ok in this context. If anything needs changing, I would go with the classic marketing term ‘Improved’. But it is a bit of an overused term.[/quote]
I kind of like “Improved” as the banner text, as well. Better than “Different” anyway. Anyone else want to chime in with their opinion?

The entire community wants the video to be finished. Please don’t take the words of any one individual to mean that work should be halted!

If you’re only concerned about the price, and nothing else, go buy a hyped-up pump-and-dump coin. Peercoin is not all about the price, it’s about the value in the technology.

If you are looking for a marketing video that will help get the word out about Peercoin, check out my proposal for a new Intro to Peercoin video.

@Transisto
I’m glad nobody’s panicking

3 months is longer than it could’ve been for an animation, but it’s well on it’s way and comments like that aren’t going to speed up the process (we much rather prefer encouragement (like @irritant XD)). There’s been many delays and tweaks, some well out of our control + an underestimated outline of the project to begin with (75-90 seconds is much shorter than over 2 minutes).

It’s basically 2 people working on it now (Myself and Mr OKC) and I can only do the sound effects of what’s been animated, then the music after that (not originally budgeted for but I’ve offered to do it anyway). We both have busy lives and are trying our best to make an animation you guys will love with the time and skills we have to offer, and it’s clear from the majority of the comments that the community enjoys the work we’re doing.

In a similar situation to Mr OKC, I’m only on for $600 for this project, which over the 3 months isn’t enough to put my life on hold for and that’s been cut from the original budget discussions too. I’m happy to work on it for the lower price because I enjoy working with Mr OKC and want to make something that you as a community will be proud of. I’m sure you wouldn’t cancel plans you’d made months in advance because of delays to a project which were out of your control.

I’m only gone for a few weekdays and I’ll be back when I’m back. You’ll barely notice I was gone :3 If the visual animation is finished by tomorrow, I should be able to get all the sound effects done by the time I head off. After that I’ll be a little music to create (or you guys can send me some background music you like instead) then mastering, then it’s finished (after review and tweaking). I can’t imagine it taking more than a few more weeks, but that’s up to how much tweaking needs doing etc… after community review.

I know it’s been a long run, but these things do take time and we each have our hectic lives going on outside of this project and this forum. Thanks for understanding and we look forward to presenting a video to you all in the near future.

@Irritant
I really liked Bad Cop No Donut too ;D

Hi Peers;

I got the animation finished. It will likely need some colour changes here or there and there’s room for small details and fine-tuning. I kind of want to add smoke on the server-rack excavator, just to emphasize the excess energy PoW uses. But the heaviest of the burden is OVER!

I’m rendering now, but being 1:00 am I’ve decided to call it a day. I plan to upload it 2 pm London time. (or sooner)

So tonight I did 3 scenes, small blockchain, developers and the Peer City.

In general I change stuff up when it doesn’t make as much sense, for example the Peercoin arch appears further down the road so the viewer notices it better. Camera work can be a bear since AfterEffects tends to resist smooth camera paths and instead adds awkward point handles.

Oh and I’ll definitely add some motion to the dev stick figure dudes… just so it’s a bit more interesting, though the scene is pretty short.

Jabun - as far as sfx for the remaining part, they’re probably easy to decide on yourself, make whooshes as the camera moves, ticking of a stop watch, and general motion-y type sounds.

Thanks all, g’nap.

Thanks for pushing through till the end. I’m really looking forward to showing off the final product!

Just hang in there guys. We are so close now and it is a great video, it is a bit unfortunate that it took about a month longer than expected.

Dealing with us as a community does require a bit of a different approach as there are many different voices. It has been a learning exercise for me at least, but the result counts.

@overkillcoin, given that the value of PPC have taken some hits lately, it likely means that we need to raise some additional funding if it doesn’t recover soon. We have 960 PPC ready to pay on delivery which is roughly US$1,400 at current rates. I understand we owe you another $2,000 on delivery of final product

Can you please let me know how far you think we are away from final delivery including the sounds? Is 3 weeks a reasonable target assuming no lengthy discussions on the audio part are required?

@cybnate
Hanging in, Sir. I also agree with the working for a community comment too. It’s much more difficult that working for a single director.

With regards final delivery time, once the animation is mainly done (which it seems like it is, I just need the uploaded vid), then I’m able to do all the things I have to do without any constraints (with the exception of my time away). To me 3 weeks seems like a reasonable estimate as long as there isn’t too many changes or something serious going down on either of our ends. It can be even shorter if the community wants to provide background music instead of me making it from scratch (but with the expense of it not being as personal).

Reiterating, I think given the current rate of work and all conditions, 3 weeks (to me) seems reasonable. I’ll make it my target (Mr OKC might have different ones), though my cutoff for project extension is to the end of July at the very most (giving time for tweaks/comments etc…). I think dragging it out longer than that would be unproductive.

Back to sound effects ;D

[size=14pt]Please review![/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw_H-hMwO08&feature=youtu.be

[size=14pt]Changes I will make:[/size]
goes without saying, but add final track w/ sound fx

fix the bright lime green throughout

0:26 slight camera jump that I will TRY to fix :-/

0:39 screen shake when excavator breaks open a block
add smoke to the data center excavator (wasteful energy)

0:50 change “different” banner - just to double check, should it now say “improved”?

1:13 “participate equally” show check marks on each computer

1:23 arrow stabs into a peercoin (left hand side)

1:37 small audio glitch

1:46 light bulb yellow is too overpowering

1:48 fade the dev scene in AND have slight movements for some/most of the stick dudes

1:51 radial/zoom motion blur as the camera leaves the window, perhaps slight blur continues to hide slight pixeling in the roadway

1:54 make a lens flare that covers more of the scene, current one is not noticeable

[size=14pt]Jabun:[/size]
I added significant pauses after 1:48, there was no way I could show the devs AND the city without being super-rushed. Hope this is not a problem. At any rate, you now have all the animation to work with, so that’s a plus

[size=14pt]Cybnate:[/size]
I will accept the lower amount that you quoted. I realize this has been a difficult time for all and I would like to turn this situation around as much as possible. I think a 3 week deadline is not fair at all for the PPC community. I can’t speak for Jabun, but I can have the animation ready to go by the end of tomorrow.

[size=14pt]Jabun:[/size]
I don’t want to put any further pressure on you, please let me know your thoughts!