Who can make FAUCET PEERCOIN WEBSITE?

Hey is there someone who can make faucet script for website?

Or help me to get this?

I have some FREE PPC to spend and i want make Faucet website.

Please Contact by PM or here in thread with some contact like skype.

Not gambling

Need to be just captcha like on freebitco.in etc.

Bump I would like to see this happen for peercoin
A faucet is just a nice way to get first time users off the mark :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

Put in a Github issue. I’ll probably end up paying for it out of my own pocket but it needs to happen.

I’d be willing to donate, I’m sure quite a few people would be willing to do the same.

Yes, I’d be willing to put up a few PPC to get a faucet going.

I agree there should be a faucet. Let go one step further and say lets put together a faucet kit so that we can put one up and we enable the community to put them up at the same time.

CB

OK i found a good reliable bitcoin faucet that just needs tweaking to PPC. I am working on this now but the base code is in my github here so feel free to have a go yourselves :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:7, topic:1066”]OK i found a good reliable bitcoin faucet that just needs tweaking to PPC. I am working on this now but the base code is in my github here so feel free to have a go yourselves :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Great, keep it going.
And Merry Christmas and Have a wonderful time!

i just want to point out that I believe faucets are one of the keys to attracting new -and especially younger- users. there’s something special about getting your fist little dribble of a crypto currency in your wallet, and the moment it reaches 1.0 is a happy time indeed. 8)

I will donate regularly to any decent faucet that’s set up.

Since my programming knowledge is next to non-existent, the best I can offer is donations too…

I decided to build one from scratch in my spare time today … I will have it online by tonight or tomorrow morning.

I will also share all of my code on GitHub (open source) in case anybody wants to remake their own version (will include instructions and custom graphics).

Here is the Wallet associated with the faucet donation account : PTinzr56tA3BfgobEVpKeEUvMW9bKxuZT2

• Ryan
    AuraWallet

Awesome, that is very nice.
Hope you’re in contact with OP, not wasting anyone’s precious time.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:12, topic:1066”]Awesome, that is very nice.
Hope you’re in contact with OP, not wasting anyone’s precious time.[/quote]

Yep sent a message over.

I would like to contribute some from my humble stash as well.

@FuzzyBear:

Can/Did you fork the bitcoin-faucet source and are you working on it? I would surely like to help. On the other side, changes should be minimal to support Peercoin. :slight_smile:

I want to create a faucet to promote the PeerCoin :). I have the script but i have’t PPC coins (I have 0 PPC) :’(.

Please helpme if you want. This is my PPC adress: PEBxfTUzt8HKkVKpeF8QaKx3Cuo6HhytLM
:-\

[quote=“lacksfish, post:14, topic:1066”]I would like to contribute some from my humble stash as well.

@FuzzyBear:

Can/Did you fork the bitcoin-faucet source and are you working on it? I would surely like to help. On the other side, changes should be minimal to support Peercoin. :)[/quote]
Its a fork of bitcoin faucet that was adapted to ltc made by greedi back when he did some good code, i’m swamped with work but trying to get back up to full speed so please feel free to make any pull requests to the repo.

Fuzzybear

Maybe I am missing something but didn’t the now-defunct ppcoin.org have a faucet on the front page ? Aren’t the code available?
The wiki here https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/wiki/List-of-services-on-market also points to a faucet under “Faucets (Free Peercoins)” but I guess it is too old (argh more than one year old! ) to track down?

I wrote a peercoin faucet. Only the testnet version is available right now (to give and receive peercoins on the testnet blockchain). The normal version is ready but I’d like your opinion before I enable it.

You can test it there: http://testnet.peercoinfaucet.com/

The source code is on GitHub with an MIT license: https://github.com/sigmike/peercoin-faucet. It’s written in Ruby with the Rails framework.

On the non-testnet version, I plan to give 0.1 PPC per request, with a limit of 1 request per IP per day. What do you think?
It may be too much, but with 0.01 fee per transaction you cannot play much with less.

is it not possible to combine all the 0.001 ppc (for example) transactions into one big transaction, with only one time the tx fee of 0.1?
if you do this you can wait to pay out the small amounts when the number is reached , or pay out once a day, i dont know how this would technically work though, maybe it is not possible?

[quote=“irritant, post:19, topic:1066”]is it not possible to combine all the 0.001 ppc (for example) transactions into one big transaction, with only one time the tx fee of 0.1?
if you do this you can wait to pay out the small amounts when the number is reached , or pay out once a day, i dont know how this would technically work though, maybe it is not possible?[/quote]

Yes, the transactions are combined and the fee is only paid once for the multiple requests in the batch. My concern is for the people receiving the coins. They can’t play much with 0.001 PPC because they can’t even transfer it once. But maybe it’s not an issue and the purpose it to get peercoins, not to transfer them.