Wall Observer - The PPC Price Speculation Thread

haha, the green line is aiming at the moon!

┗(°0°)┛

Can you deny it? haha : ]

We are already back up to .40
November could be an awesome month.

Not only Bitcoin, also Peercoin has reached an All-Time-High!

At Crypto-Trade PPC/USD 46 cents were reached, the highest PPC price in USD until now. 50 are not far away! Next we go for the dollar parity ;D

https://crypto-trade.com/trade/ppc_usd

50 cents at crypto-trade!

Time for a thread at Bitcointalk “When will PPC reach dollar parity”?

Also PPC has reached a new record market cap with $11,318,454.

233.33% in 3 months.

Posted a poll at Bitcointalk when PPC will reach dollar parity:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=328639.0

All Peercoiners are invited to participate :slight_smile:

0,85 reached, faster than I thought! Sunday, Peercoin performed better than Bitcoin (nearly 15 about 20 % price increase).

Now fast approaching dollar parity and 20 million market cap … that would be similar to the bitcoin market cap at the end of 2011 …

PD: if we take MtGox as the Bitcoin reference price, dollar parity would have been reached: 0.00181 is actual price at BTC-E and MtGox is at 570$ = 1,03 US$! But I know, Bitstamp and BTC-E are better indicators. But even if we take http://bitcoinaverage.com PPC is at 0.93, so run for the last 0,85 coins at crypto-trade ;).

PD2: Dollar parity at BTC-E imminent: $525 * 0.00184 = 0.966!

It got to $6.57/ppc on here http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=ppc (Chinese)

Dollar parity at crypto-trade reached!

https://crypto-trade.com/trade/ppc_usd

This chinese exchange has decent trade volume, it seems. Perhaps it can be included in the exchange list and the live market website? There it has stabilized at a value of about 1,20 - 1,30 USD after the crazy bubble (or upward correction? :wink: of Monday!

[quote=“d5000, post:124, topic:106”]Not only Bitcoin, also Peercoin has reached an All-Time-High!

At Crypto-Trade PPC/USD 46 cents were reached, the highest PPC price in USD until now. 50 are not far away! Next we go for the dollar parity ;D

https://crypto-trade.com/trade/ppc_usd[/quote]

What a change two weeks can make! I picked up yesterday at 1.91 only becuase VoS had their ask as that… Two days before that had a buy set at 1.1 but never got filled which was upsetting to say the least.

[quote=“jawnzer, post:131, topic:106”][quote=“d5000, post:124, topic:106”]Not only Bitcoin, also Peercoin has reached an All-Time-High!

https://crypto-trade.com/trade/ppc_usd[/quote]

What a change two weeks can make! I picked up yesterday at 1.91 only becuase VoS had their ask as that… Two days before that had a buy set at 1.1 but never got filled which was upsetting to say the least.[/quote]

Now we are at $3.00 at Valtofsatoshi https://www.vaultofsatoshi.com/orderbook

If Peercoin were to replace LTC as BTC’s silver at this very moment which I do think is going to happen soon, 1 ppc would be $11.41 - a tenfold increase…

[LTC market cap/Number of PPC] = Price of PPC if it replaces LTC at the moment
$ 237,106,291/20,780,203 PPC = $11.41

Peercoin is better than silver. Peercoin could give real gold a run for it’s money over the coming years. Peercoin is still very young, just starting to get more noticed, and people starting to understand it. Just buy, hold, and mint them, and you will see the prices rise. Bitcoin has paved the way, so Peercoin can actually rise a lot faster than BTC even did/is.

You guys can watch PPC/BTC from btc-e at BTCCharts.com :slight_smile:

(just bought some lately ^^ )

Peercoin now over 2$ per peercoin. I do want to invest in peercoin yet I don’t want to invest at a temporary top which it may be reaching now. Peercoin has experienced rapid growth recently. Anyone expect some sort of buy back or is .0025 ratio of BTC the best I am going to see? I know this I am just asking for opinions but I value people who have been in the market longer than I have. I know peercoin will be a solid investment looking back months from now but still would like to maximize my profits.

I have read peercoin is going to featured in an New York Times article. Will this actually lead to an increase price in peercoin following the article. Or do you believe the run up in price is over speculation due to the coming article being released? Any thoughts on the market at the moment?

[quote=“kschneezy, post:136, topic:106”]Peercoin now over 2$ per peercoin. I do want to invest in peercoin yet I don’t want to invest at a temporary top which it may be reaching now. Peercoin has experienced rapid growth recently. Anyone expect some sort of buy back or is .0025 ratio of BTC the best I am going to see? I know this I am just asking for opinions but I value people who have been in the market longer than I have. I know peercoin will be a solid investment looking back months from now but still would like to maximize my profits.

I have read peercoin is going to featured in an New York Times article. Will this actually lead to an increase price in peercoin following the article. Or do you believe the run up in price is over speculation due to the coming article being released? Any thoughts on the market at the moment?[/quote]

Guessing the market is impossible. My own opinion is that the NYT article is going to increase awareness massively, which will have a positive effect on the price in the coming days. However, it is possible that the current price jump is due to investors purchasing PPC to dump after the article comes out. Which influencing factor has more impact, it’s anyones guess.

I don’t believe PPC will be lower than $2.00 a year from now however, so if you’re looking to hold for long-term (1+ year) I think now is a great time.

Yeah I am looking to invest for the long term so regardless of whether I purchase PPC today or a week I am thinking I will still profit. I just don’t like buying after huge buy orders on PPC. I have been watching PPC for a couple weeks now and just frustrated I didn’t buy earlier when I wanted to. Now I don’t want to look back and say the same thing after the article is published and the price goes even higher. My main speculative question is do you foresee any sort of buy back with PPC after its gone from .0020 to .0026 in less than a day?

It is really hard to know. I think the best way to look at it is in terms of PPC/USD not PPC/BTC.

Maybe look for a about a 25% retrenchment from the all-time-high in terms of USD.
check this chart to see how it has been going ppc/usd, maybe try to buy in on a low.

But then again it is really hard to time it. I recommend just going for the long-term, and keep buying a few more coins each month. Put them to work for you PoS minting.

I still think that PPC will be easily $10 per coin soon within a few months. Maybe even over $100 by this time next year. There WILL be a LOT of volatility along the way.

I recommend the long-term strategy, and not worry about the short-term.

Personally, I like to remind myself of this proverb as a guide:

Proverb 28:22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

Just go slow and steady. That is what Peercoin is designed for anyway.

Thanks for the reply. I do like that graph you linked me to and will use that as I consider to trade in the future. I am in Peercoin for the long haul but want to maximize the amount of peercoins I can buy.

I do like comparing peercoin to the USD as reference on when to buy at low points but since ultimately I am always going to be trading it in relationship to BTC the ratio BTC/PPC does seem the most important at the moment.

Now that I have a substantial amount of PPC I need to learn how to get the Proof of Stake working for my mac. First of which I need a proper wallet to store my Peercoins and get them off the exchange. Will be looking into all this material in the coming days.

The peercoin community is very helpful and active. Lets see peercoin grow and all the benefits it offers over other crypto currencies