Wall Observer - The PPC Price Speculation Thread

This bear market will wipe out many projects, but everyone here knows that Peercoin has survived through worse and longer than almost all of the coins on coinmarketcap and still has no scalability issues anywhere on the horizon. Without an active economy depending on Peercoin, the price is less important the project itself, which is steadily improving. To some degree, I’m actually happy Peercoin hasn’t drawn tons of attention, because it allows us to still be agile during a time when many other chains are forking and losing their consensus momentum.

4 Likes

What other coin has an important place in Crypto history like peercoin?

Im buying up more coins every week at these prices, I suspect once the reward from mining drops again we should start seeing some more price appreciation, the people buying knows Peercoin is cheap and are stake their coins, the SHA256 miners have no interest except to dump, this works in your favour as the new supply are held by people who believe in the coin.

Im big on Peercoin because of its place in history and the fact the network is still going strong, you cant change history and Peercoin was the first to pioneer proof of stake, nothing can change that, the market cap below 20 million is unbelievable.

It might take until Ethereum and Cardano transition to proof of stake that people will wake up and do a bit of research and realise how undervalued PPC is.

5 Likes

If ETF succeeds in converting to POS, then Bitcoin may become the next converter to POS. Does peercoin still have an advantage at that time?!

They would have to give up their deflationary economic model to do so. I highly doubt Bitcoin would ever convert. Plus you have the whole mining industry that wouldn’t let it happen.

1 Like

BTC 2013-11, $1000;2018-1, $15000, 2019-6-4, $ 7950
LTC 2013-11, $48; 2018-1, $250,2019-6-4,$104
XRP(Ripple) 2013-11,0.0000068BTC; 2018-1,0.00018BTC. 2019-6-4,0.00052BTC
PPC 2013-11, $7; 2018-1, $5.5, 2019-6-4, $0.39
Still argue that PPC has good profit?

If PPC ever does start a bullish run again in prices, then yes, I don’t see why not. Since the point of entry is cheap, everyone and their mothers can buy PPC.

As of right now, no. It’s not. But I doubt you would sell at this point. If anyone wanted out they should have jumped ship before the bubble popped.

As far as any price predictions, I don’t expect any major changes in price until after 0.8 is released, advertising starts kicking in, and we start getting PPC back on major exchanges. BTC-e was our biggest exchange and its closure hurt PPC’s liquidity big time.

Peercoin does have the potential to get back on its feet. The Foundation and its development team are doing a wonderful job at getting everything back on track. I personally have faith in Peercoin and its potential.

9 Likes

BTC 2013-11, $1000;2018-1, $15000, 2019-6-4, $ 7950
LTC 2013-11, $48; 2018-1, $250,2019-6-4,$104
XRP(Ripple) 2013-11,0.0000068BTC; 2018-1,0.00018BTC. 2019-6-4,0.00052BTC
PPC 2013-11, $7; 2018-1, $5.5, 2019-6-4, $0.39
Still argue that PPC has good profit?

2021-2-8 update
BTC $38888,listed in trade platform-256,
LTC $150,
XRP $0.42,
Doge(shit coin) $0.07,listed in trade platform-119.
PPC price is $0.? ?
Where is ppc? there are only 6 platforms(shit platform, except bittrex) listing ppc(will be delisted sooner), and hardly to find its price with few trade volume, cheer for ppc without bubble!

Thanks for reviving this thread @wolfcrafts.

Seeing such historical ‘low’ prices coupled with the above sentiment is incredibly interesting to me. We tend to see these things in tandem at or around the bottom of a market cycle.

Agreed that we have low trade volume and no “bubble”. But for the few exchanges we are on, volume is picking up. We’re at a key price resistance level. Google Trend data around cryptocurrency and Peercoin is starting to trend upwards again.

I believe in the course of 2021 we will be observing real “Walls” again as PPC gets listed on new exchanges, order book depth increases and price trends upwards. Let’s see.

Yep has been a bad performer,

Still has an absolute huge upside, past is past future performance is not guaranteed.

Time will tell mate, alot of those coins are reaching the upper limits of their price potentional.

I’m currently trying to popularize the “Classic Altcoin” concept. These are all coins that follow the Bitcoin model: no premine, no centralized instance, own blockchain and own genesis block (so no BCH and Co.).

Peercoin, having abolished the centralized checkpoints, is again part of this group and surprisingly doing not too bad in this list (rank 15 of these coins to my knowledge), because tokens and centralized shitcoins have “taken over” the altcoin space.

I believe all these coins will get more attention in the future, mainly because they will be the only ones not targeted by planned regulation in the EU and other countries, which will have to submit a “whitepaper” to the authorities if proposed legislation is approved. The market, as a consequence, could divide into two: centralized alts led by Ethereum and Ripple, and truly decentralized altcoins (led currently by LTC and Monero), and only the second group will be seen as “true Bitcoin competitors” and will probably get much more attention.

This is a medium to long-term chance for Peercoin and all other low-valued coins of this group to multiply its value. Time will tell if this will become true, but it seems a nice “utopia” :slight_smile:

(Hope this is not too OT here, it’s long term speculation)

7 Likes

I’ve thought about this classic coin concept too. Not only due to regulation targeting newer cryptos, but people who are sick of the centralized projects and long for the nostalgia of the old days when things weren’t so corporate.

I’m not sure how to bring it about though, so let us know if you need any help starting this movement.

1 Like

Checkpoints were never important in Peercoin.

On that list I see Dash which was afaik seriously premined. If you want to do this right, there should be standards. Also, Dash is absolutely not a privacy coin, it only does mixing. If mixing is how you get privacy then count Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin in there as well. And give me a month to port a mixer to Peercoin so Peercoin will be a privacy coin too :slight_smile:

But yea, off-topic. Should probably go into a new thread.

Livecoin.net has been hacked in late December 2020

Altility was hacked on 26th December, 2020

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5303776.0

Both platforms had non-trivial amounts of Peercoin under control.

I wonder have hackers took control of Peercoin wallets? Anyone with more info?

I had used livecoin.net once fortunately I know that centralized exchange are not safe at all so I had no funds in it.

Peercoin is steadily edging up in price.

I like the idea of the classic altcoins too, in the early days new cryptos were basically trying to improve the concept of digital currency which was of course Bitcoin.

Blockchain was a new way to raise funds for new business ideas but are not really what a cryptocurrency is all about.

If you don’t mind summing up d5000, what’s the proposed regulations around crypto in the EU?

Nice price rise, touching $1 on the daily.

6 Likes

ETH has a mining industry around it also, how are they getting away with it?

I added some for the first time in a few years, as everyone seems to be searching “proof of stake” after Elon Musk said BTC is bad for the environment.

I feel like people HAVE to notice that PPC is the pioneer of PoS right? Every article talking about PoS mentions it…if only one of the bigger exchanges would accept it.

5 Likes

PPC +67% today, breaching $1.50. Nice.

4 Likes

Breached $2 a bit later but facing resistance. Back to $1,80. Volume in Bittrex exploded to over $1m.
Finally getting some attention.

3 Likes