V0.4.0 (previously v0.3.1) Plan

Took the plunge and I’m now 100% v0.3.3 by Fuzzybear :wink:

Running for an hour with v0.3.3FB now and the new graphics are definitely an improvement.
Also managed to create a PoS block (my first one!) so I can tell from experience that this also has been tested and proofed working (don’t forget to unlock for minting!)

Tip: Instead of reloading the blockchain I moved the files into the new location under the new Peercoin path. Saves a download.

One very minor cosmetic item, is that in the about it still shows as 0.3.0xxx beta wallet. Guess that can be added into the next release.

Fuzzy, any chance you can provide a list of features people should know about this new version? I’d like to have it all put into the newsletter so that as soon as the download link is ready I’ll just add the link and release it!

Hi FuzzyBear,
the current 0.3.1.3 build doesen’t show the syncing icon next to the “active connections” icon.
If I hover this area with my mouse the tooltip shows up but no icon.
BTW thanks for using some of my icons :wink:

SO now that the new client has different paths etc., will this be also the official version that Sunny posts for download on sourceforge?

I have started a new thread for discussing my builds available and features, enhancements, bug and issues Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

I will need to speak to sunny and see if / how / when he wants to pull in my changes… but you can rename the directory conf and switch between my builds and Sunny’s builds in useage… i imagine what will happen is Sunny will release 0.4 I will pull those changes into my branch and test and see if everything works and then send all the changes to sunny in a merge pull. Even if he does not accept my changes … i will be updating my code to match the updates he makes and will release new binaries as and when Sunny releases code

Fuzzybear

The icon in the taskbar still has a white background. Maby it would be better to use a similar design on the icons as in the splash loading image? Pretty sure it would look better since the icons are so small.

Will there be further development on Primecoin/XPM as well?

yeah i spotted that… need to update it… will do so

What more you want?? all code is open source and open to anyone to make changes themselves and try new ideas :slight_smile: I have been setting up a number of peercoin services and builds etc… don’t worry, ideally/eventually primecoin will have all the same services and features just running off http://wallet.primecointalk.org for example. Again all the code is open sourceso anyone can have a go themselves at making the changes… just lack of time tends to hinder / stop development i find.

Fuzzybear

[quote=“mikep2012, post:40, topic:1829”]will this 3.0.1 work with stratum? or this should be done in 4.0 update?
thank you

p.s. or maybe someone can point in the right direction how to make it work now: ppc + stratum-mining[/quote]

It should provide similar capabilities to bitcoin now, but I don’t have a solo mining setup that I can verify. I haven’t got feedback from pools yet. But at the very least pools would have an easier time to implement stratum on top of v0.3.1 (current repo) code.

Why not? :wink: But right now Peercoin has higher priority.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:45, topic:1829”]I have started a new thread for discussing my builds available and features, enhancements, bug and issues Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

I will need to speak to sunny and see if / how / when he wants to pull in my changes… but you can rename the directory conf and switch between my builds and Sunny’s builds in useage… i imagine what will happen is Sunny will release 0.4 I will pull those changes into my branch and test and see if everything works and then send all the changes to sunny in a merge pull. Even if he does not accept my changes … i will be updating my code to match the updates he makes and will release new binaries as and when Sunny releases code

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Fuzzy thanks for the work. Have you checked some commits from this week on the main repo, which already addresses some of the comments since your first build. I will also make an important change soon, so please keep syncing to the main repo. Also, where is your repo located?

Update: I will include a minor protocol change for future support of p2pool. So the planned v0.3.1 would become v0.4.0 release (mandatory upgrade with at least 4 weeks upgrade window).

I will periodically update about the status of v0.4.0 release.

[quote=“Sunny King, post:52, topic:1829”]Update: I will include a minor protocol change for future support of p2pool. So the planned v0.3.1 would become v0.4.0 release (mandatory upgrade with at least 4 weeks upgrade window).

I will periodically update about the status of v0.4.0 release.[/quote]
Thanks Sunny for the work on 0.3.x and 0.4 and keeping us updated. Much appreciated.

[quote=“Sunny King, post:51, topic:1829”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:45, topic:1829”]I have started a new thread for discussing my builds available and features, enhancements, bug and issues Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Fuzzy thanks for the work. Have you checked some commits from this week on the main repo, which already addresses some of the comments since your first build. I will also make an important change soon, so please keep syncing to the main repo. Also, where is your repo located?[/quote]

Hey Sunny,

My git repo for this is all on my FuzzyBear branch here GitHub - FuzzyBearBTC/peercoin at FuzzyBear

I have left the master branch on the repo the same as yours so I am pulling in regular updates to the master… and then will pull into my Fuzzybear branch. But yes I need to review your changes this week as I have not done a pull since about saturday.

I will keep an eye to ensure my binaries are up to date with changes you make but any big important commits please feel free to email me or PM me about it so I can get on it sooner rather than later :slight_smile:

Regards
Fuzzybear

ok actually compare and review my master branch with ppcoin/ppcoin master branch shows I have everything up to date :slight_smile: so all my builds should be up to date and now have my changes to Peercoin as extra on top of all code changes yu have made sunny.

Sorry just seen there are updates… i’ll pull these and build tonight…

I was going to wait till you released 0.4 but perhaps we should chat about a plan for rebranding the PPCoin to Peercoin in source code if this is something you are happy with? Just want to chosse an appropriate moment to do it so as not to cause issues with your own development.

Fuzzybear

All changes have successfully been pulled into my branch so ill release some builds tonight.

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Hi Sunny and Fuzzy, the following change is necessary to build on OSX (Maveicks):

In net.cpp

at line 54 change

array<int, THREAD_MAX> vnThreadsRunning;

to

boost::array<int, THREAD_MAX> vnThreadsRunning;

I haven’t tried building the QT wallet yet.

We need simplicity… Everything about peercoin is explained in very complex terms. The general public doesn’t want to deal with technobabble, they have no time to think about everything. In a strive for innovation maybe we should look a step back and focus on being user friendly.

First of all, Peercoin needs one button minting, and maybe some infographics in the wallet.

PS: It would also sound better if it was “Peercoin Wallet” instead of “PPCoin wallet”. That looks like Pee pee coin.

[quote=“deliciousowl, post:58, topic:1829”]We need simplicity… Everything about peercoin is explained in very complex terms. The general public doesn’t want to deal with technobabble, they have no time to think about everything. In a strive for innovation maybe we should look a step back and focus on being user friendly.

First of all, Peercoin needs one button minting, and maybe some infographics in the wallet.

PS: It would also sound better if it was “Peercoin Wallet” instead of “PPCoin wallet”. That looks like Pee pee coin.[/quote]
yup have to agree that would be pretty useful… will look into it :slight_smile:

[quote=“LarsR, post:57, topic:1829”]Hi Sunny and Fuzzy, the following change is necessary to build on OSX (Maveicks):

In net.cpp

at line 54 change

array<int, THREAD_MAX> vnThreadsRunning;

to

boost::array<int, THREAD_MAX> vnThreadsRunning;

I haven’t tried building the QT wallet yet.[/quote]
Ty for this… i’ll have to set my mac build environment up and test … but i’ll make the change and see if it doesn’t break the build on linux or windows

Fuzzybear