V0.4.0 (previously v0.3.1) Plan

Release v0.3.1 should be ready soon. I have decided to port high priority and low-risk features into v0.3.1 release in addition to the qt unlock for block minting only bug fix.

Features being tested include:

[ul][li]Debug window RPC console[/li]
[li]getblocktemplate/submitblock API[/li][/ul]

You can check the master branch on the repo for latest commits.
This is to allow a better user experience in v0.3.1 as soon as possible and also allow v0.4 more development/testing time to ensure quality.

Update: getblocktemplate API is now in the repo. If you operate a peercoin mining pool please help me test it.
Note: There is a slight change (25f0ffdd) in v0.3.1 that you can run testnet node simultaneously with mainnet node (previously they shared default rpc ports so may not be running simultaneously). The testnet default rpc port is now 9904, and on commandline you need to use 'ppcoind -testnet ’ to issue any rpc commands to testnet node.

Update: v0.3.1 is renamed to v0.4.0, previous v0.4 development is renamed to v0.5 development.

[quote=“Sunny King, post:1, topic:1829”]Release v0.3.1 should be ready soon. I have decided to port high priority and low-risk features into v0.3.1 release in addition to the qt unlock for block minting only bug fix.

The features are being tested includes:

[ul][li]Debug window RPC console[/li]
[li]getblocktemplate/submitblock API[/li][/ul]

You can check the master branch on the repo for latest commits.
This is to allow a better user experience in v0.3.1 as soon as possible and also allow v0.4 more development/testing time to ensure quality.[/quote]

Fantastic!

v0.5 will be a milestone!
To ensure quality! Great man, Sunny!!!

If you are operating a peercoin mining pool, please help me test the getblocktemplate/submitblock API now available in the repo. v0.3.1 will cut off in a couple days, but in any case this should allow easier implementation for mining pools.

Excellent strategy. Important release. Thanks.

Small regular updates also looks better for Peercoin than long wait time big updates.

Having the logo appear right on the wallet itself would be nice. (Not just at the splash / startup)

sweet

Sounds great. Btw agree with the logo part.

I’ll pull these changes and have a go at compiling etc tonight… will pop in some logos as well if i get the time

Thanks for the update Sunny :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

By logos, do you mean the logos of the startup splash screen and the QT client? That would be a great visual improvement.

ok so I have successfully built the daemon on windows with upnp=0 and upnp=1 (never found out explanation for difference. Files can be downloaded from here:

http://www.peercointalk.org/ppcoind0.3.1.zip

Qt builds coming soon… got an error trying to debug but “logos of the startup splash screen and the QT client” yes and general clean up of code few bitcoin references not needed to i seen :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

btw internet here very slow in transferring the file… should be done in hour :frowning: 27.8Mb file :frowning: sad internet times…

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:12, topic:1829”]ok so I have successfully built the daemon on windows with upnp=0 and upnp=1 (never found out explanation for difference. Files can be downloaded from here:

http://www.peercointalk.org/ppcoind0.3.1.zip

Qt builds coming soon… got an error trying to debug but “logos of the startup splash screen and the QT client” yes and general clean up of code few bitcoin references not needed to i seen :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

btw internet here very slow in transferring the file… should be done in hour :frowning: 27.8Mb file :frowning: sad internet times…[/quote]

Thank you very much. Looking forward to QT-client as daemon is not having any default output. Might dive into the DOS parameters to get some proof of work(ing) on the command line tomorrow.

this is excellent news!

Hey all,

Ok I have a windows Qt build here for you to test :smiley:

http://www.peercointalk.org/PeercoinQt0.3.1.zip

I have had to build without UPNP but binaries are included in the zip file

There is access to the console :slight_smile: so your first command should be help

have fun,

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:15, topic:1829”]Hey all,

There is access to the console :slight_smile: so your first command should be help

have fun,

Fuzzybear[/quote]

It is pretty cool. Two points to comment:

1. Windows poped up a Security Alert when I started up Peercoin-qt. Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.
    Allow Peercoin-qt.exe to communicate on these newworks:
    Private networks, …
    Public networks, …
    I checked both Private networks and Public networks and then clicked “Allow access”.
  2. “Bitcoin debug window”, can we change to “Peercoin debug window”?

[quote=“caribou, post:16, topic:1829”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:15, topic:1829”]Hey all,

have fun,

Fuzzybear[/quote]

It is pretty cool. Two points to comment:

1. Windows poped up a Security Alert when I started up Peercoin-qt. Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.
    Allow Peercoin-qt.exe to communicate on these newworks:
    Private networks, …
    Public networks, …
    I checked both Private networks and Public networks and then clicked “Allow access”.
  2. “Bitcoin debug window”, can we change to “Peercoin debug window”?[/quote]
    It will always do that when you upgrade to a new version. Windows sees a new binary who wants to communicate and pops up that message. Nothing to worry about as long as you know that the executable is from a safe source. In this case Fuzzybear, PPcoin vocalist of peercointalk.org, so I think it’s safe :wink: You only need to open up private networks if Windows asks, to make it work though.

Feedback after some playing with 0.3.1:

1. It works :o
  2. Opening up the debug Windows, Welcomed to the Bitcoin RPC console. Still another reminder of heritage to get rid of.
  3. Can confirm getting the passphrase question when sending transactions (yes!). So it’s much safer with this client to mint online. Hope we will get more nodes online now.
  4. No fancy Peercoin logo in the GUI yet :’(
  5. Update of GUI after unlocking for minting is still slow. But you can now quickly check with ‘getinfo’ command in debug window.
    If the last line of the getinfo output says “errors” without anything behind it, it is unlocked. Otherwise it would say “errors” : “Info: Minting suspended due to locked wallet.”
    You can lock your wallet in debug with:
    walletlock
    Unlock in debug windows with
    walletpassphrase <yourwalletpassphraseyouneverpostanywhere> 9999999 true

Some other interesting stuff to keep us entertained in the debug window:

[size=8pt]addmultisigaddress <’[“key”,“key”]’> [account]
backupwallet
checkwallet
dumpprivkey
getaccount
getaccountaddress
getaddressesbyaccount
getbalance [account] [minconf=1]
getblock [txinfo]
getblockcount
getblockhash
getblocktemplate [params]
getcheckpoint
getconnectioncount
getdifficulty
getgenerate
gethashespersec
getinfo
getmininginfo
getnetworkghps
getnewaddress [account]
getpeerinfo
getreceivedbyaccount [minconf=1]
getreceivedbyaddress [minconf=1]
gettransaction
getwork [data]
help [command]
importprivkey [label]
keypoolrefill
listaccounts [minconf=1]
listreceivedbyaccount [minconf=1] [includeempty=false]
listreceivedbyaddress [minconf=1] [includeempty=false]
listsinceblock [blockhash] [target-confirmations]
listtransactions [account] [count=10] [from=0]
makekeypair [prefix]
move [minconf=1] [comment]
repairwallet
reservebalance [ [amount]]
sendalert [cancelupto]
sendfrom [minconf=1] [comment] [comment-to]
sendmany {address:amount,…} [minconf=1] [comment]
sendtoaddress [comment] [comment-to]
setaccount
setgenerate [genproclimit]
settxfee
signmessage
stop
submitblock [optional-params-obj]
validateaddress
verifymessage
walletlock
walletpassphrase [mintonly]
walletpassphrasechange [/size]

Just a dump from the debug window help or am I now spoiling part of the fun?
All commands were available from the commandline before, it’s nice to have them now straight in the debug window and therefore easier accessible. I couldn’t find any new ones on a first check (getblocktemplate?)

Edits: several updates while testing

No. You could dump all the commands with the daemon ppcoind help. I am glad soon I don’t have to use ppcoind.

I will have a new Qt with new seed nodes and removing of some former bitcoin references… like the “Bitcoin debug window”, can we change to “Peercoin debug window”?

need to do the logo’s and what not so that may take me a little while to get those all sorted but i’ll post the binary when I have it :slight_smile:

Thank you for testing and the feedback :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

Tested the windows QT. Seems to run smoothly.

Thanks Fuzzy for looking into the logos. It is very important that we get the logos implemented before official release of 0.3.1

One more thing to clean up:

@“Recieve coins” there is a sentence:

These are you [b]Bitcoin[/b] adresses for receiving payments

Edit:

Under Settings → Options. The settings for transactions have to be removed. We have a fixed transation fee