USB Block Erupter dimensions?

Hi

I’m planning on getting at least 3 USB block erupters as part of the group buy that FuzzyBear is arranging.

I picked up a powered Transcend 4-port USB 3.0 hub today to run them and I’m a little concerned that the ports might be a bit too close together. Could someone who already has a block erupter let me know how wide it is. I reckon I have about 7mm between the ports, might be a bit tight…

just taken measurements of my block erruptor and its:

length = 60mm
width = 25mm
thickness = 7mm

They do get hot and i have a fan pointing at mine

Fuzzybear

Hmmm. I think that’s going to mean I can only fit 2 into the hub :-\ Thanks for checking the measurements for me so quickly!

Looks like I may need to look at getting one of these Anker USB hubs

http://www.ianker.com/product/68UPHUB-B10U

They look like the most popular choice for running multiple USB Block Erupters. Unfortunately, it looks like they only sell them through the US Amazon store and don’t ship them internationally. Time to see if the MyUS service I signed up for works as advertised!

What fan are you using for cooling? I saw an Arctic Breeze 92mm USB one that looks like it should do the job, it was listed on Amazon’s “Frequently Bought Together” list when I was looking at the Anker USB hub.

[quote=“AlexMc, post:3, topic:264”]Hmmm. I think that’s going to mean I can only fit 2 into the hub :-\ Thanks for checking the measurements for me so quickly!

Looks like I may need to look at getting one of these Anker USB hubs

http://www.ianker.com/product/68UPHUB-B10U

They look like the most popular choice for running multiple USB Block Erupters. Unfortunately, it looks like they only sell them through the US Amazon store and don’t ship them internationally. Time to see if the MyUS service I signed up for works as advertised!

What fan are you using for cooling? I saw an Arctic Breeze 92mm USB one that looks like it should do the job, it was listed on Amazon’s “Frequently Bought Together” list when I was looking at the Anker USB hub.[/quote]

Yeah a new / better fan is probably needed when I get my new USB’s tbh… i have a stupid setup on my boat that i live on… only 11 metres long yet run 7 computers on it :stuck_out_tongue: gets far too hot as well especially with two GPU’s going to and all the CPU’s on Primecoin… least I have LOTS of spare USB ports :stuck_out_tongue:

For now I just use standard desk fan £9 or $15 from local supermarket

FuzzyBear