[UPDATED] Guide to mining on DigitalOcean! ($0.007 per hour, 700+ PPS)

[quote=“ranmn7”]Ok, I found my wallet.dat files, deleted them on the cloned droplets and verified they got recreated.

I’m confused by this part.

1. To access your newly mined Primecoins
    on VPS terminal:
    Code: [Select]
    primecoind listtransactions # to find your receiving addresses
    primecoind dumpprivkey $receiving_address
    on main wallet:
    Code: [Select]
    primecoind importprivkey $privkey_from_vps

I run that command in a terminal window and it just generates an error.

How do I access my wallet in the droplet? I’m not able to do that so far.

Thanks[/quote]

What error did you get?

Copy and paste the command and output so we can help.

root@rlcprimecoin1:~# primecoind dumpprivkey $receiving_address
error: {“code”:-1,“message”:“dumpprivkey \nReveals the private key corresponding to .”}

Thats what I get.

When i try to dump the address this is what i get.

root@rlcprimecoin1:~# primecoind listtransactions
[
]

It doesn’t return any addresses.

Did you do any transactions in this wallet (includes mining blocks) ?

apparently the commands don’t work until you actually get some blocks mined.

Didn’t realize that, once I got some they work. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help.

So, is there a way to set this up to mine to a pool instead of solo?

[I’m a Ubuntu/Linux newbie, so forgive me if it’s a dumb question!]

check out beeeeerpool
i’ve set 10 small droplets to mining and so far it’s working quite easy.

check this ref link, if you don’t have a do account yet:

@whysthatso

How many coins per droplet are you producing daily?

What is your monthly operating expenses?

Gilligan~

You should try this provider guys: http://hostink.ru/vps/

I’m about to get an account and some miners…I heard good things.

[quote=“Gilligan, post:48, topic:213”]@whysthatso

How many coins per droplet are you producing daily?

What is your monthly operating expenses?

Gilligan~[/quote]It costs about $6 to run a 8 core droplet for a day. You mine only about 0.75 XPM on a pool, so as you can can’t really break even at current XPM prices. What you need is a custom virtual server with a high cpu count, those are a bit difficult to manage and find, but they you can generate profit.

I’ve also found you can get $1000-2000 cloud credit for free at certain places, so at that rate you can get 100+ XPM per day for essentially free.

Digital Ocean was a good start back when the coin was released, but now there are way better places to cloud mine.

Hey super3,
yes, you are right. I’m actually running 15 single core droplets on beeeeer.org and am still contemplating and checking if it makes sense. This will only be verifyable, once xolokram gets up the statistics, but yes, i also doubt the ROI being enough to cover the effort.

Right now i’m getting about 20 shares per day, different values, so taht doesn’t make too much sense.

Would you care to elaborate on the possibilities of getting cloud computing credits?

[quote=“whysthatso, post:51, topic:213”]Hey super3,
yes, you are right. I’m actually running 15 single core droplets on beeeeer.org and am still contemplating and checking if it makes sense. This will only be verifyable, once xolokram gets up the statistics, but yes, i also doubt the ROI being enough to cover the effort.

Right now i’m getting about 20 shares per day, different values, so taht doesn’t make too much sense.

Would you care to elaborate on the possibilities of getting cloud computing credits?[/quote]

People used to sell free AWS or Microsoft vps credit…I think that’s what he means.
Try the russian site I posted, it was cheaper than most dedicated servers.

@ivanlabrie
yes, i checked them out, but have yet to find a way how to order a test package. i wrote them a mail and am waiting the xeon package.

for the smaller droplets:
it certainly is rubbish to do if you only find 7-chains, however the value per share at beeeeer (at least) increases tenfold. so i guess it’s the luck factor, it’s quite hard to predict actual outcome. any opinions on that?

[quote=“ivanlabrie, post:52, topic:213”][quote=“whysthatso, post:51, topic:213”]Hey super3,

Would you care to elaborate on the possibilities of getting cloud computing credits?[/quote]

People used to sell free AWS or Microsoft vps credit…I think that’s what he means.
Try the russian site I posted, it was cheaper than most dedicated servers.[/quote]I can tell you already that you are just wasting money on Digital Ocean. For that same amount of money I could run some high end cloud servers and get you probably 4x what you are getting now. Ugh maybe I need to offer cloud mining contracts, but I’m not sure there would be enough interest…

[quote=“super3, post:54, topic:213”][quote=“ivanlabrie, post:52, topic:213”][quote=“whysthatso, post:51, topic:213”]Hey super3,

Try the russian site I posted, it was cheaper than most dedicated servers.[/quote]I can tell you already that you are just wasting money on Digital Ocean. For that same amount of money I could run some high end cloud servers and get you probably 4x what you are getting now. Ugh maybe I need to offer cloud mining contracts, but I’m not sure there would be enough interest…[/quote]

Hi there, I have been involved in the cryptocurrency seen for a few years now. I am definitely interested in cloud mining contract options. Care to elaborate? Possibly direct message? I am seriously interested. Thank you! :slight_smile:

[quote=“smith88, post:55, topic:213”][quote=“super3, post:54, topic:213”][quote=“ivanlabrie, post:52, topic:213”][quote=“whysthatso, post:51, topic:213”]Hey super3,

Try the russian site I posted, it was cheaper than most dedicated servers.[/quote]I can tell you already that you are just wasting money on Digital Ocean. For that same amount of money I could run some high end cloud servers and get you probably 4x what you are getting now. Ugh maybe I need to offer cloud mining contracts, but I’m not sure there would be enough interest…[/quote]

Hi there, I have been involved in the cryptocurrency seen for a few years now. I am definitely interested in cloud mining contract options. Care to elaborate? Possibly direct message? I am seriously interested. Thank you! :)[/quote]PM sent.

Hi there, I have been involved in the cryptocurrency seen for a few years now. I am definitely interested in cloud mining contract options. Care to elaborate? Possibly direct message? I am seriously interested. Thank you! :)[/quote]PM sent.[/quote]

Interested as well…

[quote=“ivanlabrie, post:49, topic:213”]You should try this provider guys: http://hostink.ru/vps/

I’m about to get an account and some miners…I heard good things.[/quote]

Prices look good but it’s a Russian site and I think the only way to order is to call, and I don’t know Russian.

Hi

I mine primecoin on VPS Ubuntu 13.04. But I see the error

sometimes and the mining stops. Is there any script to restart the miner automatically?
I use xolokram’s miner v0.6 RC3
Thank you

It doesn’t appear that digital ocean offers desktop versions anymore? Or how do you install/access a desktop on digital ocean? Thanks