[UPDATED] Guide to mining on DigitalOcean! ($0.007 per hour, 700+ PPS)

It looks like if you accept a smaller code in the promo box, it won’t let you change it. You actually have to delete browser cache for the box to be available again, otherwise they hide it.

tricky tricky

You can setup a main wallet to run on your main computer. Import the private keys from your droplet. Instructions are in OP. However you have to have mined blocks before you know what addresses you normally mine into.[/quote]

Hmmm, do you need to do anything else to get the mined blocks in your main wallet? I imported yet I had a block I wasn’t aware of in one of my vps instances.

You can setup a main wallet to run on your main computer. Import the private keys from your droplet. Instructions are in OP. However you have to have mined blocks before you know what addresses you normally mine into.[/quote]

Hmmm, do you need to do anything else to get the mined blocks in your main wallet? I imported yet I had a block I wasn’t aware of in one of my vps instances.[/quote]

Yes, you have to check your VPS once in a while because new blocks may be mined into addresses that you haven’t seen before. Right now there are 6-7 different addresses I’m mining into using a single wallet.

Damn! I lost a lot of xpm then… :frowning:

Just curious, how many droplets has everyone setup?

I’ve setup only one just for fun. Everything else I’m mining with is raw desktop CPU power 8)

By the way, the droplet hasn’t found a single block since I created it either.

This thread is famous now

[quote=“mhps, post:27, topic:213”]This thread is famous now

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/16/digitalocean_primecoin_cloud_problems/[/quote]

“18,000 users signed up”, so which one of you spend a whole day signing up with new accounts? :wink:

[quote=“mhps, post:27, topic:213”]This thread is famous now

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/16/digitalocean_primecoin_cloud_problems/[/quote]
it was the:

" One person on the Primecoin forum posted a walkthrough"

link back to this forum that really buttered my ego!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I now have 5 VPS’s going on DigitalOcean. they must hate us now!

I saw this announced on bitcointalk
http://www.hostforbit.com/
original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262189.0

Pricing is obsecenly expensive…good idea, stupidly high price.

Actually, I think this is a great advertisement for them:

1. They didn’t really start blocking new customers - they handled THOUSANDS of new servers with only a small hiccup (though i heard it was DDOS). This says something about how professional they are.
  2. They got media coverage.
  3. A LOT of people from coin community started using their services and gave them credit card info. It’s so easy to setup a server once you have credit card registered…

[quote=“albi, post:33, topic:213”]Actually, I think this is a great advertisement for them:

1. They didn’t really start blocking new customers - they handled THOUSANDS of new servers with only a small hiccup (though i heard it was DDOS). This says something about how professional they are.
  2. They got media coverage.
  3. A LOT of people from coin community started using their services and gave them credit card info. It’s so easy to setup a server once you have credit card registered…[/quote]
    I think ivanlabrie was referring to the other post by abdullahadam.

I’m new to primecoin, trying to get this set up on my droplet.

I can’t get it to download primecoin from the main site or the mirror sites. It keeps saying no such file or directory.

Are there optional methods of downloading the tar file? I don’t use Ubuntu from the command window much and I’m not that familiar with the commands to do this.

Thanks in advance.

[quote=“ranmn7, post:35, topic:213”]I’m new to primecoin, trying to get this set up on my droplet.

I can’t get it to download primecoin from the main site or the mirror sites. It keeps saying no such file or directory.

Are there optional methods of downloading the tar file? I don’t use Ubuntu from the command window much and I’m not that familiar with the commands to do this.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]
Hey ranmn welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Start by following the guide I wrote here to build it from source and let me know where you get to.
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=install_primecoin_ubuntu

though the site seems to be down atm… but it will be back up soon !!

FuzzyBear

Yeah, I clicked the wrong one and got a terminal version.

Sorry

Ok, Now I’ve got 2 droplets, with primcoind running away.

I saw in previous posts how you can link these to your wallet on your computer. But to be honest I’m having difficulty finding the file with the addresses that were mentioned.

What file are we talking about? There is no walet.dat file that I can find on the droplet, unless I’m doing something very wrong. I did a ff walet.dat in a terminal window and it couldn’t find the file. I’m most likely doing something wrong here.

Thanks

oops its wallet.dat even

Ok, I found my wallet.dat files, deleted them on the cloned droplets and verified they got recreated.

I’m confused by this part.

1. To access your newly mined Primecoins
    on VPS terminal:
    Code: [Select]
    primecoind listtransactions # to find your receiving addresses
    primecoind dumpprivkey $receiving_address
    on main wallet:
    Code: [Select]
    primecoind importprivkey $privkey_from_vps

I run that command in a terminal window and it just generates an error.

How do I access my wallet in the droplet? I’m not able to do that so far.

Thanks