[SUPPORT] beeeeer.org - tech support

[root@localhost ~]# sudo apt-get update
-bash: sudo: command not found
[root@localhost ~]# sudo apt-get install git g++ libboost-all-dev libdb+±dev build-essential libgmp-dev libssl-dev
[root@localhost ~]#
I am going in circles-I always come back to-sudo command not found so I can’t load any of the miner programs to start mining?

[quote=“reg, post:681, topic:358”][root@localhost ~]# sudo apt-get update
[root@localhost ~]# sudo apt-get install git g++ libboost-all-dev libdb+±dev build-essential libgmp-dev libssl-dev
[root@localhost ~]#
I am going in circles-I always come back to-sudo command not found so I can’t load any of the miner programs to start mining?[/quote]

ok got it…

run:

apt-get install sudo

that will install sudo.

Now you can run all your other commands :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

Thanks for the great work!

I have a problem to start primeminer on a 14-core machine running ubuntu 13.10:

connecting to 54.251.179.44:443
PrimecoinMiner started
system:110

I tried all IPs and some ports.

Maybe this additional info helps to find a problem:

The same with ptsminer:

connecting to 54.201.26.128:1337
system:110

can you telnet to any of the server on the mining port(s) ???

telnet <ip> <port>

or do you get a connection refused / could not be established?

if the second: check your firewall / network setup / ask your admin or server provider / come back here

• xolokram

[code]root@euve35281:~/primecoin/src# telnet 54.201.26.128 1337
Trying 54.201.26.128…
^C
root@euve35281:~/primecoin/src# telnet mail.ibolit.de 80
Trying 176.221.42.41…
Connected to mail.ibolit.de.
Escape character is ‘^]’.
^^
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Last-Modified: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:30:43 GMT
Expires: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 11:30:43 GMT
Server: Axigen-Webmail
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:30:43 GMT
Connection: Close

Connection closed by foreign host. root@euve35281:~/primecoin/src# telnet mail.ibolit.de 1337 Trying 176.221.42.41... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused root@euve35281:~/primecoin/src# telnet 176.34.128.129 21 Trying 176.34.128.129... ^C root@euve35281:~/primecoin/src# telnet 176.34.128.129 80 Trying 176.34.128.129... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out [/code]

looks like something (e.g. internal or external firewall) is blocking your connection to the IP, sorry

Thanks. Is it possible, to route the data over another server? Or to use proxy?

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:682, topic:358”][quote=“reg, post:681, topic:358”][root@localhost ~]# sudo apt-get update
[root@localhost ~]#
I am going in circles-I always come back to-sudo command not found so I can’t load any of the miner programs to start mining?[/quote]
I already tried that and got this
[regi1377@localhost ~]$ apt-get install sudo
E: Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
[regi1377@localhost ~]$
thats when I tried su to give me access but I always come back to sudo not found???

ok got it…

run:

apt-get install sudo

that will install sudo.

Now you can run all your other commands :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

back to beginning
[regi1377@localhost ~]$ su
[root@localhost ~]# apt-get install sudo
Reading Package Lists… Done
Building Dependency Tree… Done
E: Couldn’t find package sudo
[root@localhost ~]#
i just am not able to access sudo???

what about you just install the missing libraries within you root session using su instead of sudo?
sudo is not a part of PCLinuxOS apparently

yes-I am working my way through the programing link you kindly provided but do not know yet how to locate and down load the relevant library that contains the sudo command?. I did down load one link that seemed to contain lib but either I was in the wrong directory or it was deleted when I opened another terminal to try again? not being a programmer it seems logical that all relevant commands should be in the same directory? I did create a directory bin but when I used Is it was empty. I really need a set of commands to get me to the point where I can use the miner set up procedure in one terminal window? I have set up the cloud droplet - I have a receiving address for primecoin client and a password but I either miss an important step or have the sequence wrong?

i meant, instead of:

[quote=“reg, post:681, topic:358”][root@localhost ~]# sudo apt-get update
[root@localhost ~]#

just use su like this:

[quote=“reg, post:681, topic:358”][dude@localhost ~]# su
[root@localhost ~]# apt-get update
[root@localhost ~]# apt-get install git g++ libboost-all-dev libdb+±dev build-essential libgmp-dev libssl-dev
[root@localhost ~]# exit
[dude@localhost ~]#[/quote]

i think you should try to learn a little bit about linux and experiment at your home machine within a virtual machine, maybe that would help.

is there a way to make my miner look more like cgminer?
i like how it displays the info all nice and clean.

also i’ve got a i7-3770k at 4.5ghz

what should is set these figures to

-sievesize=<#>
-sievepercentage=<#>
-sieveextensions=<#>

currently i’m doing -genproclimit=7 but since i’m somewhat new to this not sure if thats good or bad.

I guess, my hosting provider don’t likes mining and blocked the IP. Now I’m routing the traffic over another server with this proxy: http://www.mccarroll.net/snippets/simpleproxy/simpleproxy.py

@xolokram: How to configure the pool ip of ptsminer?

This might’ve been answered already but I don’t have time to read through 47 pages of posts. ;p

Can I use the same address for mining on multiple machines, or will the lines get crossed and all the mean little crypto-ghosts come flying out? :wink: It seems to be working with no problem, and I don’t see any errors with confused shares or something, but I just wanna make sure. I’m sure the miner was written to handle this, since it’s a logical way to do it. I’d rather not have five different pages to check for each balance. Thanks!

you can use as many machines on the same payout address as you want. the payout will be gathered & summed up.

btw. had anyone on the asian server troubles yesterday?

@macfactor:
very late reply by me. :-X

according to the code, usage: python simpleproxy.py proxyhost:proxyport desthost:destport
MAYBE: python simpleproxy.py localhost: :
then connect the miner to your proxy machine (for pts, that means you’ll have to modify the code as the IP is hardcoded (sad, but true))

but i don’t know if this will work with prime/ptsminer’s tcp connection

• xolokram

I went to check my balance and got this:

Table ‘

’ is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

Edit: I see that payouts happen pretty often, and way under the 3 XPM payout threshold I thought was in place. I haven’t synced my wallet yet so I can’t see my balance. This table just had stats stored, not any pending balances I have, right?

The affected table (as all tables on the webserver) are just for stats

this happened due to the server upgrade, i’m working on the fix for the table, this can take a few minutes

• xolokram

I tried to compile xolominer locally with my own version of gcc / gmp / boost … installed in
src-install/local-lib so I did
mkdir bin
cd bin
cmake …/ -DCMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH=/home/username/src-install/local-lib/
OpenSSL information: found
OpenSSL_INCLUDE_DIR: /home/username/src-install/local-lib/include
OpenSSL_LIBRARIES: /home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libssl.a;/home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libcrypto.a
– Found GMP: /home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libgmp.so and /home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libgmpxx.so
libGMP information: found
GMP_INCLUDE_DIR: /home/username/src-install/local-lib/include
GMP(XX)LIBRARIES: /home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libgmp.so (/home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libgmpxx.so)
– Boost version: 1.55.0
– Found the following Boost libraries:
– system
– thread
– timer
– chrono
Boost information: found 1.55.0
Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS: /home/username/src-install/local-lib/include
Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS: /home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib
Boost_LIBRARIES: /home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libboost_system.a;/home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libboost_thread.a;/home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libboost_timer.a;/home/username/src-install/local-lib/lib/libboost_chrono.a
– Configuring done
– Generating done
– Build files have been written to: /home/username/src-install/primecoin-master/bin
then make
[ 33%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/prime.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_mining.cpp.o
[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_poolminer.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable xolominer
CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/prime.cpp.o: In function MineProbablePrimeChain(CBlock&, __gmp_expr<__mpz_struct [1], __mpz_struct [1]>&, bool&, unsigned int&, unsigned int&, __gmp_expr<__mpz_struct [1], __mpz_struct [1]>&, int*, unsigned int*, CSieveOfEratosthenes&, CPrimalityTestParams&)’: prime.cpp:(.text+0x8e67): undefined reference to__gmp_get_memory_functions’
prime.cpp:(.text+0x9727): undefined reference to __gmp_get_memory_functions’ prime.cpp:(.text+0x9792): undefined reference to__gmp_get_memory_functions’
prime.cpp:(.text+0x9895): undefined reference to __gmp_get_memory_functions’ prime.cpp:(.text+0x98f3): undefined reference to__gmp_get_memory_functions’
CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/prime.cpp.o:prime.cpp:(.text+0x9eaf): more undefined references to __gmp_get_memory_functions’ follow CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_mining.cpp.o: In functionvoid primecoin_mine<(CPUMODE)0>(CBlockProvider*, unsigned int)’:
main_mining.cpp:(.text._Z14primecoin_mineIL7CPUMODE0EEvP14CBlockProviderj[_Z14primecoin_mineIL7CPUMODE0EEvP14CBlockProviderj]+0x9a1): undefined reference to boost::this_thread::interruption_point()’ main_mining.cpp:(.text._Z14primecoin_mineIL7CPUMODE0EEvP14CBlockProviderj[_Z14primecoin_mineIL7CPUMODE0EEvP14CBlockProviderj]+0x1279): undefined reference toboost::this_thread::hiden::sleep_until(timespec const&)’
CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_poolminer.cpp.o: In function boost::detail::thread_data<boost::_bi::bind_t<void, boost::_mfi::mf0<void, CWorkerThread>, boost::_bi::list1<boost::_bi::value<CWorkerThread*> > > >::~thread_data()’: main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost6detail11thread_dataINS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf0Iv13CWorkerThreadEENS2_5list1INS2_5valueIPS6_EEEEEEED2Ev[_ZN5boost6detail11thread_dataINS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf0Iv13CWorkerThreadEENS2_5list1INS2_5valueIPS6_EEEEEEED5Ev]+0x8): undefined reference toboost::detail::thread_data_base::~thread_data_base()’
CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_poolminer.cpp.o: In function boost::detail::thread_data<boost::_bi::bind_t<void, boost::_mfi::mf0<void, CWorkerThread>, boost::_bi::list1<boost::_bi::value<CWorkerThread*> > > >::~thread_data()’: main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost6detail11thread_dataINS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf0Iv13CWorkerThreadEENS2_5list1INS2_5valueIPS6_EEEEEEED0Ev[_ZN5boost6detail11thread_dataINS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf0Iv13CWorkerThreadEENS2_5list1INS2_5valueIPS6_EEEEEEED0Ev]+0xc): undefined reference toboost::detail::thread_data_base::~thread_data_base()’
CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_poolminer.cpp.o: In function boost::condition_variable::wait(boost::unique_lockboost::mutex&)’: main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost18condition_variable4waitERNS_11unique_lockINS_5mutexEEE[_ZN5boost18condition_variable4waitERNS_11unique_lockINS_5mutexEEE]+0x15): undefined reference toboost::detail::get_current_thread_data()’
main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost18condition_variable4waitERNS_11unique_lockINS_5mutexEEE[_ZN5boost18condition_variable4waitERNS_11unique_lockINS_5mutexEEE]+0xd5): undefined reference to boost::this_thread::interruption_point()’ CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_poolminer.cpp.o: In functionboost::shared_lockboost::shared_mutex::lock()’:
main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost11shared_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv[_ZN5boost11shared_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv]+0x23): undefined reference to boost::this_thread::disable_interruption::disable_interruption()’ main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost11shared_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv[_ZN5boost11shared_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv]+0x7b): undefined reference toboost::this_thread::disable_interruption::~disable_interruption()’
main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost11shared_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv[_ZN5boost11shared_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv]+0xcf): undefined reference to boost::this_thread::disable_interruption::~disable_interruption()’ CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_poolminer.cpp.o: In functionboost::unique_lockboost::shared_mutex::lock()’:
main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost11unique_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv[_ZN5boost11unique_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv]+0x27): undefined reference to boost::this_thread::disable_interruption::disable_interruption()’ main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost11unique_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv[_ZN5boost11unique_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv]+0x88): undefined reference toboost::this_thread::disable_interruption::~disable_interruption()’
main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost11unique_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv[_ZN5boost11unique_lockINS_12shared_mutexEE4lockEv]+0xdc): undefined reference to boost::this_thread::disable_interruption::~disable_interruption()’ CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_poolminer.cpp.o: In functionvoid boost::this_thread::sleepboost::posix_time::seconds(boost::posix_time::seconds const&)’:
main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost11this_thread5sleepINS_10posix_time7secondsEEEvRKT[ZN5boost11this_thread5sleepINS_10posix_time7secondsEEEvRKT]+0x20d): undefined reference to boost::this_thread::hiden::sleep_until(timespec const&)’ CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_poolminer.cpp.o: In functionCMasterThread::run()’:
main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN13CMasterThread3runEv[_ZN13CMasterThread3runEv]+0xcf): undefined reference to boost::thread::start_thread_noexcept()’ main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN13CMasterThread3runEv[_ZN13CMasterThread3runEv]+0x170): undefined reference tovtable for boost::detail::thread_data_base’
CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/src/main_poolminer.cpp.o:(.rodata._ZTIN5boost6detail11thread_dataINS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf0Iv13CWorkerThreadEENS2_5list1INS2_5valueIPS6_EEEEEEEE[_ZTIN5boost6detail11thread_dataINS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf0Iv13CWorkerThreadEENS2_5list1INS2_5valueIPS6_EEEEEEEE]+0x10): undefined reference to typeinfo for boost::detail::thread_data_base’ /usr/lib/…/lib64/libcrypto.a(fips.o): In functionFIPSCHECK_verify’:
(.text+0x8da): undefined reference to dlopen’ /usr/lib/…/lib64/libcrypto.a(fips.o): In functionFIPSCHECK_verify’:
(.text+0x8f1): undefined reference to dlsym’ /usr/lib/…/lib64/libcrypto.a(fips.o): In functionFIPSCHECK_verify’:
(.text+0x903): undefined reference to dladdr’ /usr/lib/…/lib64/libcrypto.a(fips.o): In functionFIPSCHECK_verify’:
(.text+0x90f): undefined reference to dlclose’ /usr/lib/…/lib64/libcrypto.a(fips.o): In functionFIPSCHECK_verify’:
(.text+0x98a): undefined reference to `dlclose’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [xolominer] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/xolominer.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

any clue to fix this ?