Super3 is Requesting us to Rewrite the Short Description on Peercoin.net

If you need German and Spanish version of the text, PM me the definitive text and I will translate it.

Ok, this was getting too long so I removed the sentence about growing your stash. I didn’t like that word anyway. I also liked the end statement that shows people we have a clear vision for Peercoin in the future. I replaced the stash sentence with this. Super3 wants me to submit the final paragraph. Is this good now or are we still going to need to work on it?

“Peercoin offers technological advances over Bitcoin that allow its network to consume far less energy and achieve a higher degree of security and decentralization. Not only is Peercoin’s energy efficient design “greener” than the alternatives, it contains an innovative minting algorithm that rewards currency holders, even if they are not actively mining. Peercoin is ultimately designed to have long-term stability that will enable it to fulfill a crucial backbone role in the future cryptocurrency landscape.”

I like it overall.

I don’t agree with the " rewards currency holders" bit - this is really not what the proof of work model is about. Built in inflation is in no way a financial reward. It is simply a mechanism for security and efficiency.

Also, “greener” doesn’t need quotation marks.

I like it too. Let’s get it up already.

[quote=“Eugen, post:43, topic:732”]I like it overall.

I don’t agree with the " rewards currency holders" bit - this is really not what the proof of work model is about. Built in inflation is in no way a financial reward. It is simply a mechanism for security and efficiency.

Also, “greener” doesn’t need quotation marks.[/quote]

Alright, I added back in what you wrote and removed the quotations. Here it is. I’m going to send this to Super3 now…

“Peercoin offers technological advances over Bitcoin that allow its network to consume far less energy and achieve a higher degree of security and decentralization. Not only is Peercoin’s energy efficient design greener than the alternatives, it contains an innovative minting algorithm that places money production in the hands of currency holders. Peercoin is ultimately designed to have long-term stability that will enable it to fulfill a crucial backbone role in the future cryptocurrency landscape.”

There are other POS coins. The above applies to them, too. What set PPC apart also include that that it has an active community, and is the first of thie kind and the best accepted (the 3rd largest).