This file has been truncated. show original
# Split and Combine
- Status: proposed
- Type: parameter modification, new feature
- Related components: (if any)
- Start Date: 14-March-2020
- Discussion: https://talk.peercoin.net/t/reducing-split-frequency-from-90-days-to-60-days/10125 && https://talk.peercoin.net/t/pooling-coinstakes/10124
- Supersedes: (fill me in with a link to RFC this supersedes - if applicable)
- Superseded by: (fill me in with a link to RFC this is superseded by - if applicable)
- Author: Nagalim
The 'sweet spot' for minting an output is between 90 days and 360 days in order to maximize average PoS difficulty and to minimize deviation about that mean.
Current client behavior includes both splitting and combining functions to achieve some equilibrium size window for minting outputs.
This proposal will refine that window by reducing the split frequency to 75 days, changing the combine behavior, and imposing additional protocol restrictions on the combining process by limiting the combination amount to 1/6 of the staking input.
This proposal will also outline a possible method for creating 'pooled coinstakes' in combination with RFC-0012 using an option in the standard client.
- The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC 2119](http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2119).