This file has been truncated. show original
# Cold Minting
- Status: proposed ("proposed", "agreed", "active", "implemented" or "rejected")
- Type: new feature
- Related components: (if any)
- Start Date: 08-05-2014
- Discussion: https://talk.peercoin.net/t/cold-storage-minting-proposal/2336 and https://github.com/peercoin/peercoin/pull/78
- Supersedes: (fill me in with a link to RFC this supersedes - if applicable)
- Superseded by: (fill me in with a link to RFC this is superseded by - if applicable)
- Author: Sigmike
The main idea is the use of a new kind of address very similar to multi-signature addresses with two public keys, one that allows only minting and the other that allows only spending.
- The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC 2119](http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2119).