**Quick Guide!** - How to mine Primecoin

Step #1: Download Primecoin Client here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/primecoin/files/0.1.0/

Choose either Windows or Linux version and follow the easy install steps.

Step #2: In the Primecoin client, go to “Help” > “Debug window” > “Console” tab > type “setgenerate true -1” to use all of your cores or “setgenerate true 4” to use 4 cores, etc.

Snapshot of step #2 :

Step #3: Type “getmininginfo” into the debug window to see your “primespersec” (mining rate)

Snapshot of step #3:

If you found this helpful, please donate, because I still have no coins :slight_smile:

Primecoin: AdKCSYFyp6LC88SySjmmQ3NzBSPiA8qUq4
PPCoin: PSKZWfowiCQuUCDQ5HJXt2Xyp7cJW5X2ev

Thanks

Download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/primecoin/files

Excellent guide btw :slight_smile:

as soon as i mine a prime i’ll send u some :slight_smile:

Guide is the same as what I did. Thanks!
I just got my first 20xpm!

Nice!! How many primespersec? I’m around 100, no blocks for me yet.

I’am between 70 and 360 primespersec. It is jumping up and down…

Donate: ASqC8aDCB2Pgc4stp6qGVCALKsCpty5NEu

:slight_smile:

i5 3570k is at ~240
i7 4770k is at ~340
both at stock clock. i just barely got the 4770k up. also goes up and down.

after checking a few times, it seems that it really jumps around. we need a program that can give a one minute average.

Yep would be useful. I get anywhere from 30-270 right now, hard to tell how effective it actually is.

6 machines mining away…

1. i3 - 84-166 PPS
    • 16 PPS
    • 1 PPS
    • 4 PPS
    • 2 PPS
    • 1 PPS

sigh my cruddy computers!! well i’ll leave them running for a month or so i guess :stuck_out_tongue: any donations are welcome

AShfbFKbrWPeHmRuJXyskhYaaHauQVHF4b

I have 60 now.
If anyone knows how, lets see an app to monitor and show an average of primespersec. I will give a few xpm.

Still no luck here with about 120 PPS…

I’m looking for the “/roaming/primecoin/primecoin.conf” so I can add “gen=1” for automatic mining when I reboot the PC. Anyone that know how to do this? I can not find that file…

Did as suggested in the guide… but i’m showing primepersec" :0

First time mining, what am I missing?

http://screencast.com/t/dQ1q4JcKd

Check getmininginfo again and up to 17 now. Very slow compared to other posts here. Does it take awhile to get up to the speeds others here are posting or is it that I’m using an older computer? (Dell Vostro 220s)

Thanks

[quote=“coinchart, post:14, topic:193”]Check getmininginfo again and up to 17 now. Very slow compared to other posts here. Does it take awhile to get up to the speeds others here are posting or is it that I’m using an older computer? (Dell Vostro 220s)

Thanks[/quote]

I’ve seen lots of posts of people in the single digits. Older computers will likely have slower mining speeds.

I got this answer at www.bitcointalk.org:

“Just create empty .txt file and rename it to primecoin.conf. By default this file does not exist.”

I have tried it and it works :slight_smile:

is there a way to use the GPU?

I get this with a Sempron 145.

18:09:27

getmininginfo

{
"blocks" : 253,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 4,
"primespersec" : 3,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

[quote=“cachito, post:17, topic:193”]is there a way to use the GPU?

I get this with a Sempron 145.

[code]

getmininginfo

{
“blocks” : 253,
“currentblocksize” : 1000,
“currentblocktx” : 0,
“errors” : “”,
“generate” : true,
“genproclimit” : 4,
“primespersec” : 3,
“pooledtx” : 0,
“testnet” : false
}
[/code][/quote]

there won’t be until someone rewrites a current gpu miner like cgminer to do it. Not sure how complex that would be, might be better to start from scratch.

I will be throwing 48 to 96 CPU cores at this tomorrow morning. If all goes well there will be a giveaway thread ;D

I'm looking for the "/roaming/primecoin/primecoin.conf" so I can add "gen=1" for automatic mining when I reboot the PC. Anyone that know how to do this? I can not find that file...

Under Settings/Options

Would the “Start Bitcoin on system login” selection accomplish the above need?

Also, What does setting the transaction fee do and if so what amount should this be set too?

Thank you.

PS. Kudos to craslovell for the generous offer!