Predictions for 2014

Excuse another Bitcoin article, but this is a quality piece, far better than other 2014 “predictions” churned out on the web

And the article has a bonus for Peercoin - the author cites it as one of the few crypto-currencies he expects to survive the year

One particular point of interest is point 8, referring to a ‘browser’ of Bitcoin. Does this mean we have to develop a ‘browser’ of Peercoin?

PPC coin, which has introduced a proof-of-stake system in addition to proof-of-work is one such coin. It is in my list of survivors. It is also important to note that presently, other than Bitcoin, no other alt-coin has shown the potential for a growth in its acceptance network among merchants or companies. This is likely to remain true for 2014 as well.

I would be surprised if Peercoin didn’t end up around $40 in 2014.

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:1, topic:1436”]Excuse another Bitcoin article, but this is a quality piece, far better than other 2014 “predictions” churned out on the web

And the article has a bonus for Peercoin - the author cites it as one of the few crypto-currencies he expects to survive the year

One particular point of interest is point 8, referring to a ‘browser’ of Bitcoin. Does this mean we have to develop a ‘browser’ of Peercoin?

http://lightspeedindia.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/bitcoin-2014-top-10-predictions/[/quote]

This is huge. This is a $2B venture capital firm, and the author is a VP there. He is also a former McKinsey consulting associate, which is arguably the most elite consulting firm worldwide.

Nice catch. This is promising. Just bought a few more PPC. Would also help to mint blocks.

Predictions may only become true because they were predicted :o

The ‘browser’ for cryptos, interesting. The killer-app I would say. Tokens, IPOs, DACs call them all out. The concepts are already out there what is going to break through in 2014? Mobile wallets with NFC? Distributed messaging/news? Distributed AI entities?

So maybe the cryptos are not real game changers, just the protocol and the predecessor to something even bigger.

For Peercoin it would be great to get the ability to add metadata to the blockchain with 0.4, this would enable further innovation. I expect not much less from Sunny 8)

More people with predictions for 2014? And also more longterm? Is 100-200 usd realistic in 2015?

Waiting for things to happen is not realistic. Join in the activists group or start doing whatever you can NOW to promote PPC.

Absolutely, there’s always room on the activist group!

Of course there are endless possibilities to be unleashed this 2014 for bitcoins. Last year has been a controversial year but we didn’t know now where it will go. Will it doom or keep the bubble fever?

Peercoin will most likely keep growing, I would say to $10 within the next 3 months at least.

My prediction is PPC will reach 100 USD in 2014, becuase BTC will reach 2000 USD, LTC will reach 200 USD, and PPC will reach 100 USD.

I don’t expect peercoin to break $10 until i sell off all my holdings… or I expect it to be up at $10,000 per peercoin… i quit the day job then it crashes to $0.001 per PPC … maybe i’m pessimistic… maybe i’m just too used to being burnt and making trade moves at the wrong time :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuzzybear

Since Peercoin has an awesome architecture and a strong and educated developer + community (almost every post in this forum is worth reading and all discussions are quite cultivated), I think Peercoin will steadily grow over the next months and years. Of course it’s hard to predict a certain value, but there is principally no need to hide when it comes to a comparison with bitcoin. Cryptocurrency in general is still in its beginnings, the whole market will grow and maybe in 5 years everyone is using cryptos in their daily lives. Up to then I will follow the developement and already use Peercoin as it’s intended to be used: as a store of value. :slight_smile: @ FuzzyBear: Haha, calm down, everything will be fine… :smiley:

[quote=“digitalpro”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:12, topic:1436”]I don’t expect peercoin to break $10 until i sell off all my holdings… or I expect it to be up at $10,000 per peercoin… i quit the day job then it crashes to $0.001 per PPC … maybe i’m pessimistic… maybe i’m just too used to being burnt and making trade moves at the wrong time :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Lol, But I am very much optimistic about Peercoin. 2014 is the year of peercoin[/quote]

Haha yeah! 2014 will show Peercoin to be early on the S-curve with a price shooting higher like a rocket ship! In the years succeeding 2014 Peercoin price will continue to rise higher and higher. Thus, by the 2017 to 2020 timeframe, I predict Fuzzybear will be heard to concede that he had for certain made a genius investment in Peercoin!

[quote=“digitalpro”][quote=“NewMoneyEra, post:14, topic:1436”][quote=“digitalpro”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:12, topic:1436”]I don’t expect peercoin to break $10 until i sell off all my holdings… or I expect it to be up at $10,000 per peercoin… i quit the day job then it crashes to $0.001 per PPC … maybe i’m pessimistic… maybe i’m just too used to being burnt and making trade moves at the wrong time :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Lol, But I am very much optimistic about Peercoin. 2014 is the year of peercoin[/quote]

Haha yeah! 2014 will show Peercoin to be early on the S-curve with a price shooting higher like a rocket ship! In the years succeeding 2014 Peercoin price will continue to rise higher and higher. Thus, by the 2017 to 2020 timeframe, I predict Fuzzybear will be heard to concede that he had for certain made a genius investment in Peercoin![/quote]

Fuzzybear is currency evaluating investment in come other coin called NoFiatCoin-XNF is some other thread. lol, hope fuzzybear does not mind this revelation ;)[/quote]

I looked into what you said about the NoFiatCoin and I concluded that it is a scam that can not be delinked fully from the fiat system or btc trade prices… yes its nice someone put some gold and silver up to back a currency but when that gone what is backing the coin??

NewMoneyEra I hope is right and that i’ll be here telling you all what a sound investment I made in PPC. I’m a peercoiner through and through… with some time for coins with genuine coding changes.

Fuzzybear

Something doesn’t add up…I find the idea of a tangible-item back crypto interesting, but doesn’t that, by definition, limit it’s value to the market rate of gold?

Gold’s price is affected by fiat currency. More QE, higher gold price. If take that way, cryptocurrency will eventually depend on fiat currency.

Crypto will always depend on fiat. Its strength is in instant transmission and no chargebacks. No chargebacks especially benefits business since you cut out the middleman, fees and uncertainties. But once you get the crypto, there is no reason for a business to keep its money in crypto and take any risk at all (which may be large if the business is not tech savvy). Unless there is insurance there’s no reason for normal non-IT business to keep their money in crypto.

I would never buy anything called “no fiat coin” because if I really hated fiat so much I would cut to the chase and buy gold / silver / whatever.

There’s a difference. Gold’s price may be affected by the price of the USD (or another fiat currency), but ultimately, it isn’t pegged to that currency. In this case, being “backed” by gold bullion, this crypto’s selling point is that at any time that I want to, I can take my coins and turn them into physical gold.

This means that at most, my investment is worth X amount of gold bullion, which has a fixed price in relation to the crypto. Why would I ever buy this coin at 2x the price of gold, when I may have to immediately turn around and sell it for bullion, which is only worth 1/2 as much?

The value of cryptocurrencies, today, is set in fiat, because that’s the way the world works (today), in the future, we may see something different.

It’s likely that I’m not seeing the value of this coin, but on the surface, I don’t see a reason that I wouldn’t just buy gold.

As long as we’re being paid in fiat and have to pay most bills in fiat, cryptos will reflect the value of fiat

Once that changes, cryptos will more directly reflect the work and economic output of the world and compete with fiat as a currency.

If everyone suddenly wants gold instead of Euro or US$ then most will end up very disappointed. Therefore fiat only reflects the amount of confidence we have in it and its central bankers.

I’m sure we will see some kind of Digital Autonomous Organisation (DAO) in a year or so, who would take the role of central bankers and built a fund to stabilise the currency and in that way increasing trust that its value holds. Emunie is already working on such a system, and it would very interesting how that is going to work for them. But is doesn’t stop e.g. Peercoin from doing something similar. The challenge is getting the rules of the DOA right and with that keeping it a way from human interventions as much as possible, unless all stakeholders in the network agree.