PoS Hashes per sec

However an important difference is that the hashing operation is done over a limited search space (more specifically one hash per uns pent wallet-output per second) instead of an unlimited

I do not know how to calculate this, since I´m not aware of the definition of “unspent wallet-output”. Does that mean 1 hash per Coinday? 1 hash per coin older then 30 days? Or something completely different?

I´d like to have a command like “getposhashespersec” buld in to the client. Shouldn’t be a big deal when there is a formula to calculate it.

Cheers,
Muto

+1

I don’t have any PPC yet but would like to hop on board.

hashpersec is not a relevant metric for proof-of-stake. What’s important with proof-of-stake is how many coins are running to protect the network.

Thanks for the answer, so i missunderstood PoS completly. Could you (or anyone else) Please explain a bit mor in detail as in the whitepaper how PoS works?

A link to a good explanation is also very much aprecciated.

Thanks in advance!

[quote=“MUTO, post:4, topic:281”]Thanks for the answer, so i missunderstood PoS completly. Could you (or anyone else) Please explain a bit mor in detail as in the whitepaper how PoS works?

A link to a good explanation is also very much aprecciated.

Thanks in advance![/quote]
Here is the general discussion layer: http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?board=5.0

As I have got it, the exact calculation is sophisticated or not possible, but you can expect 1% reward in a year for coins that are not spent.