Peerunity (v0.1.0) Released for Windows, Linux & OS X

Yes. Well this is getting way off topic of this thread.

Anyone? Or something to move to v0.2 feature requests?

Anyone? Or something to move to v0.2 feature requests?[/quote]

The minting tab in v0.2 will show coin age. It would be nice to show it in coin control, too. Priority is related to coin days but not quite what you want.

It’s exciting to see how the minting tab is coming along. This is definitely a big step toward making minting more accessible.

Something that I would eventually really love to see would be a running ticker or popup for each output showing the most recent attempted hash.

This would be purely entertainment value, but I believe that it could provide exactly the sort of “tactile” feedback that is needed to reinforce minting behavior. I can see many users with small stakes frankly getting board with an open, silent wallet waiting day after day after day for a mint… at least if they could watch the hashes every once in a while they could see that their wallet is actually doing something and decide to keep it going a little longer.

Even better, if the achieved difficulty level of each hash could be shown alongside, it may even become addictive to watch - like a slot machine!

Further down the road I can envision a sort of line graph at the bottom of the minting tab tracking the network POS difficulty over time along with the wallet’s achieved difficulty history. It would be very fun to watch the wallet’s line slowly trending upward until hitting an intersection!

It will be more fun if I can see the mining progress

i have some questions about minting, sorry if they are asked before

1. can i run multiple instances of non-empty peerunity wallets in the same machine in order to have more minting nodes?
  2. if i run a non-empty wallet in more than one machine behind the same IP can i contribute to securing the ppc network
    the same way as i have these wallets in different IPs?

I tried it on xubuntu Linux, it works well. I’m very excited about the coin control feature.

Where can I donate for this project? Please show me an official link to a donation address.

[quote=“whifmoi, post:47, topic:2455”]I tried it on xubuntu Linux, it works well. I’m very excited about the coin control feature.

Where can I donate for this project? Please show me an official link to a donation address.[/quote]

Here is the Peer4commit page for Peerunity…

http://peer4commit.com/projects/74

100 peercoins sent, thanks for the good work.

Hi Ben,
in peerunity by sending whatever amount of PPC even a small one (like 1ppc)
i get the message:
“This transaction is over the size limit. You can still send it for a fee of 0.01 PPC, which goes to the nodes that process your transaction and helps to support the network. Do you want to pay the fee?”
is this correct about the fee usage?
Another issue, i cannot set the fee in the desired amount if i go to “options”.
In bitcoin core i have set a very small fee, 100 satoshis, and i don’t have problems with my btc transactions.
thanks

[quote=“seki, post:50, topic:2455”]Hi Ben,
in peerunity by sending whatever amount of PPC even a small one (like 1ppc)
i get the message:
“This transaction is over the size limit. You can still send it for a fee of 0.01 PPC, which goes to the nodes that process your transaction and helps to support the network. Do you want to pay the fee?”
is this correct about the fee usage?
Another issue, i cannot set the fee in the desired amount if i go to “options”.
In bitcoin core i have set a very small fee, 100 satoshis, and i don’t have problems with my btc transactions.
thanks[/quote]

I get this message as well. Is it a leftover message from the Bitcoin client? What size limit is it talking about? Also, the transaction fee is supposed to be destroyed, not sent to nodes. Is this message something that needs to be replaced?

There’s a minting tab in the video by Chronos - no such tab in v 0.1.0

I dont see the coin control feature in Peerunity

The minting tab is not in v0.1.0. It will be in the next release.

To use coin control, you must activate it in the Settings->Options menu.

txs @glv

I am new to Peercoin and have just recently acquired 2 ASIC Miners averaging 60 gh/s on ecoinings mining pool. I would love to start helping ppc in general, and specifically begin minting coins. The only problem is that I just learned you can not mint ppc with a zero balance. If there are any other ppc supporters out there looking to help me (and ppc) out, please feel free to send ANY amount of ppc to the following address (I will begin minting immediately upon receiving some ppc and thanks in advance): PC9yEgf9nMfA4yjCy4RhDKs9ia4hi43oTr

ASIC miners can mine PPC just like BTC. You don’t need any PPC to start (although you will need quite a bit a luck with only ~120 GH/s)

Minting is something different. It is the unique PoS component of Peercoin and does not require any special hardware. However, it does require some substantial amount of PPC, and it is unlikely that you will be able to obtain enough entirely through charity. You will have to hold the PPC for 30 days before you have a chance of minting.