Peercoin Video by OverkillCoin

@sandakersmann
Fair enough :slight_smile: If nobodyā€™s saying much then we can take their silence as acceptance ;D Thanks for the praise :smiley:

Iā€™m out for the day tomorrow, but that should give a good amount of time for the comments/tweaks to come in, and I can fix anything that needs fixing on Saturday (99% of itā€™s done so the tweaks should take less time than waiting for the feedback).

Feels like itā€™s almost there now. If we can get everything finalized for the end of Saturday then I should be able to have it finished Sunday morning before I go on holiday. Of course rushing decisions isnā€™t good, but worst case scenario, I can leave you guys to mull over it until next Friday while Iā€™m away.

Seems like itā€™s making good time :smiley: (Been a hard week though!)

Why is Peercoin at the end referred to a Crypto Coin and not Cryptocurrency? And if we change it to coin, shouldnā€™t it be written together (ā€œCryptocoinā€) as on the latest peercoin.net webpage?

@Sebsebzen
It was decided in the script a few weeks back, but arenā€™t they basically the same thing? (Apparently itā€™s been corrected to Cryptocoin too :D)

Just a thought btw peeps :omg:. I remember having a discussion early with regards creating a license for the video/soundtrack to make sure it canā€™t be abused. Does anyone mind if I draft one up for discussion; Iā€™ve experience in writing licences for other projects before.

I stand by my statement before that a licence needs to be created, even if itā€™s minimal as it could save the community and creators a lot of trouble down the line. I wouldnā€™t feel comfortable releasing the video without one.

Why the video says peer coin only uses PoS if it uses both PoS and PoW? I think you should add that it uses both systems but mainly PoS (74% PoS and 26% PoW)

@hZti
These decisions were made during the script-writing stage (before my active involvement), and finalized before the vocal recording was made. Itā€™s not possible (or very difficult) to add in at this stage as it would require re-scripting, re-compensating for added time and re-syncing the vocals, sound effects, and subtitles (By the way subtitle guys, the timing of the vocals is now set in stone so feel free to resync), recontacting the voiceover artist and asking for additional material (outside of budget), and adding more animation.

Technically though, the video never explicitly says it doesnā€™t use PoW, it just emphasizes the PoS, which from your numbers is the primary mechanism :smiley:

for maintaining/securing the network it only relies on PoS (100%), PoW is only used for distribution

for maintaining/securing the network it only relies on PoS (100%), PoW is only used for distribution[/quote]

Even better ;D

Ok then everything is fine, i was only a little bit confused because it says there are no big Computers/Asics involved in the peercoin network.

Hi All,

I need to say, I think I must have prehistoric dinosaurs for clients, they have been insisting that I drive out to work for them and it has been seriously eroding my time >:(

Iā€™m working from home tomorrow and beyond so Iā€™ll be catching up on this.

Can someone confirm that this is the latest audio version from Jabun
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/jg1w7la75sx1ax7/PeerCoinAdvertMasteringTest1.wav

Also, Iā€™ll be scanning the forum for the changes mentioned by everyone.

Thanks. Gotta go.

• short interruption -

My apologies for the short interruption of the great work going on here :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve just received access to the latest sources of the video in return for the third instalment of 480 PPC. That is about $750 on todayā€™s rates.
I will transfer this amount to Overkillcoinā€™s Peercoin address in the next hour or so as I havenā€™t received any objections to not proceed with this.

The final instalment of 481 PPC will take place when the video and audio is ready for publication.

• end of interruption -

[quote=ā€œJabun, post:543, topic:2095ā€]@Sebsebzen
It was decided in the script a few weeks back, but arenā€™t they basically the same thing? (Apparently itā€™s been corrected to Cryptocoin too :D)

Just a thought btw peeps :omg:. I remember having a discussion early with regards creating a license for the video/soundtrack to make sure it canā€™t be abused. Does anyone mind if I draft one up for discussion; Iā€™ve experience in writing licences for other projects before.

I stand by my statement before that a licence needs to be created, even if itā€™s minimal as it could save the community and creators a lot of trouble down the line. I wouldnā€™t feel comfortable releasing the video without one.[/quote]
Happy to have you proposing a license in the context of the earlier discussion. We do need some kind of license. Given the time required, is there anything available which we can use and just tweak a bit if required? I donā€™t want to hold up the process too much with the license at this stage. Iā€™ve also asked Overkillcoin for the license. If not one license than please align them as much as possible.

Great, can I use the last audio file you posted in this thread. Or can you just post the latest .wav I can use to do the resync?
Thinking of opening a separate thread for the translations. Iā€™ve got someone for the Italian translation and we already have Norwegian and English subtitles.
Will post here when re-syncing is ready.

@cybnate and OKC
Cool Stuff. This is the latest audio at the moment and itā€™s timing is all correct.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/jg1w7la75sx1ax7/PeerCoinAdvertMasteringTest1.wav

Iā€™m away today, but if there arenā€™t any complaints by tomorrow morning, I say we set this as the master audio :smiley: Mr OKC, let me know if there are any tweaks which effect the timing of sound effects in the animation. I donā€™t think there should be though :3 (Already discussed with you via Email). If you can send me a link to the finished and tweaked animation when itā€™s done too, Iā€™ll quickly make sure Iā€™m happy with everything before sending you the master audio (Itā€™ll probably just be the same as above but with a higher bitdepth XD).

With regards license, Iā€™ll just edit one Iā€™ve written before and post it up for discussion tomorrow. It should be easy to make a single licence to encompase video and audio usage, as long as we have the same terms :3

Itā€™s almost there peers! Final stretch :smiley:

Wow Jabun did a great job with audio. (Havenā€™t heard it till now, things have been inssssssssane again)

I think todayā€™s the final push to get this done.

I need to go back through the forum and find any edits that need to be madeā€¦

Thanks to all.

Yo Everyone,

Itā€™s Saturday afternoon now and 2 full days without any comments about tweaks on the audio (3 since music went on), so Iā€™m calling it Mastered and setting it in stone :smiley:

@overkillcoin
Iā€™ve just sent you the Master audio in its highest quality, and a draft of the licensing agreement. Once youā€™re happy with the licensing agreement, Iā€™ll post it up here for peer ā€œreviewā€. Itā€™s pretty standard :smiley:

Essentially though, as the creators of the work, we have the right to set the license, so unless it seems overkill (heheh :)) ) people canā€™t really argue. ;D

As I mentioned in the license (youā€™ll see soon), this video is to be distributed as a pack containing the video and the license. Iā€™d also recommend putting the license in the description of the video wherever itā€™s streamed.

By the way Mr OKC, is there a way to encode the license into the video file too?

Looks like my partā€™ll all be wrapped up by the time I go on holiday (Sunday afternoon) :smiley: Great work everyone! (worth the sacrifice of sleep XD)

[quote=ā€œNewMoneyEra, post:520, topic:2095ā€]1:17 audio says ā€œpreventingā€ video shows red ā€œXā€ appearing
1:18 audio says ā€œcentralizationā€ video shows red graphic with word ā€œDECENTRALIZEDā€

Should the world in the graphic be ā€œCENTRALIZATIONā€ ?

Or, maybe if the video just didnā€™t have the ā€œXā€ ?

I find the ā€œXā€ synchronized with the audio word ā€œpreventingā€ to be a powerful ā€˜NOT THISā€™ message, so it doesnā€™t work with the ā€œDECENTRALIZEDā€ in the graphic for me.

I know this wording was bandied about in creating the script, anyone have any thoughts on this?

Maybe, Iā€™m picking nits. I do think overall the video is excellent. I thought the video we had was also very good but our enemies picked nits and made a big deal of the miss-spelling of a couple of words in the graphics that I had not even noticed.

Edit: After thinking about it some more, my preference would be to leave the ā€œXā€ off the graphic at 1:17 and 1:18[/quote]

I get the impression that this icon, after all, is going to be okay?

I went through the forum and found only this as a concern.

So, Iā€™m going to:

• Make sure everything synchs
  • Fix that awful lime green colour
  • Output for final review

Seems like it to me. That was the only concern for me audiowise too.

Oh! As in it seems ok to leave it as it was originally XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWUbea075jc&feature=youtu.be
Please review!!!

Thumbs up from me ;D