Peercoin Video by OverkillCoin

Very well done guys and thanks to everyone who participated in the development process.

Great job!

:pearcoin:

All good work, looks and sound great and professional.

Just a question, how would it look like in the Youtube gallery. The first frames are dark, would that result in a dark entry in the Youtube gallery. Do we need an intro screen? Maybe it is a noob question as I have never uploaded video to Youtube.

@Cybnate
You can set custom thumbnails for videos rather than the first frame, so that shouldn’t be a problem :3

[quote=“Jabun, post:572, topic:2095”]@Cybnate
You can set custom thumbnails for videos rather than the first frame, so that shouldn’t be a problem :3[/quote]
Great, good to know.

Ok peeps, the license has been sorted. It’s attached in full to the video, but the basic jist of it is as follows:

All Rights not expressly granted to the user(s) are reserved. The video is licensed and not sold to the community by Mr OKC and I. Ownership of the work remains with us.

The video and any part of it may be used freely for non-profit purposes only with attribution to the creators.

Selling the video or any part of it is prohibited. If you do however want to use parts for a monetised project, you may contact us for further licencing terms. These will be assessed on an individual basis.

We are not responsible for any direct or indirect consequential loss arising from the use of this product in whatever form (Explosions etc…). All rights of the producers and the owners of the work are reserved.

Use of the product constitutes your acceptance of these licensing terms.

Those are our terms for the video’s use, but they should seem fair and just :slight_smile: (Most of it’s the standard jazz)

Is there any way we could change one thing? For some reason when the logos are shown at the end, the text logo isn’t correct. It should be using the text logo provided in our logo pack. Specifically, the i should have the little leaf for the dot. That’s an important part of our branding.

Also, please don’t post it on social media when it’s not completely finished yet. We don’t want people spreading around the wrong version.

[quote=“Jabun, post:574, topic:2095”]All Rights not expressly granted to the user(s) are reserved. The video is licensed and not sold to the community by Mr OKC and I. Ownership of the work remains with us.

The video and any part of it may be used freely for non-profit purposes only with attribution to the creators.

Selling the video or any part of it is prohibited. If you do however want to use parts for a monetised project, you may contact us for further licensing terms. These will be assessed on an individual basis.

We are not responsible for any direct or indirect consequential loss arising from the use of this product in whatever form (Explosions etc…). All rights of the producers and the owners of the work are reserved.

Use of the product constitutes your acceptance of these licensing terms.[/quote]
Not entirely sure about this as it is not entirely clear who may use the video. For us it is important that it can’t be misused by others. Can I propose to add something like; the video can only be used for the promotion of Peercoin. And maybe extended to ‘by the established Peercoin community on peercointalk.org’. Hope others can chime in. I’m not an expert in this, but just using common sense,

The only reason why we need some kind of a license is that clonecoin or some organisation doesn’t use our video or parts of it for their own purpose which might not be aligned with the Peercoin promotion purpose.

@sentinelrv, shouldn’t we add this video to our Peercoin Youtube page when it is ready? Do you know how that would work?
Same question for Chronos’ his work when finished.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:573, topic:2095”][quote=“Jabun, post:572, topic:2095”]@Cybnate
You can set custom thumbnails for videos rather than the first frame, so that shouldn’t be a problem :3[/quote]
Great, good to know.[/quote]
Sorry, to go about this in the last minute, but can we have say 1 second of black frames at the start of the video. It just seems to start very abrupt when played on Youtube. Anyone else with me?
But maybe I’m too late as that would also need 1 second of no audio to the audio stream?

@sentinelrv, shouldn’t we add this video to our Peercoin Youtube page when it is ready? Do you know how that would work?
Same question for Chronos’ his work when finished.[/quote]

We haven’t had to use our YouTube channel yet, so I’d have to recover the login details, but yes. I think these videos should be posted on our main channel, that way they’re under our control and others can find more videos by looking through our history. (Haven’t completely read Chronos’s thread yet, so not sure if he’d agree with this.) Do you think we should have a banner created for the YouTube channel? I’m not sure how often people click on the user name of channel that is posting the video. I at least usually just look at the video.

Same question for Chronos’ his work when finished.[/quote]

We haven’t had to use our YouTube channel yet, so I’d have to recover the login details, but yes. I think these videos should be posted on our main channel, that way they’re under our control and others can find more videos by looking through our history. (Haven’t completely read Chronos’s thread yet, so not sure if he’d agree with this.) Do you think we should have a banner created for the YouTube channel? I’m not sure how often people click on the user name of channel that is posting the video. I at least usually just look at the video.[/quote]
We might also post the new videos from rootsical. I think it shows only a few old ones now. Will check with Chronos.
My idea is to link to the channel from the website and the forum, so people can look at ‘official’ Peercoin related videos, promotional and educational. All in one place.
Re: banner, can’t you just re-use the banner from Twitter or Facebook for that. Not a high priority anyway, I would say.

Just edited the subtitles based on the latest master audio file.
I’ve created a separate thread for the translations here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3104

We have already US-English and Norwegian and probably Italian. Please post in the other thread if you want to help out with any other language.
Edit: and just have Chinese confirmed to be worked on.

Let’s spread the Peercoin word across the world!!! :slight_smile:

great work overkillcoin and jabun - it is a fantastic piece of work…

Cheers r00stical :3 Really glad you guys like it.

@Cybnate
I added a similar clause to the license (For non-profit Peercoin promotional purposes only). I haven’t specified peercointalk.org because it cuts off a promotional circle and not every peercoin user is going to be a member of the forum.

Example situation. Someone wants to use a still-frame from the video in a review of the Peercoin vid, or Peercoin in general, this allows them that right. I’m pretty sure people have this right anyway from the 1976 fair use act, but since the license doesn’t explicitly exclude people outside of this forum, they’ll likely feel more free to do so.

Thanks for the input though. I’m not sure if it was a loophole, but definitely doesn’t look like one now XD

Very nice work :slight_smile:

At 1:48 the banner reads: PeerShares. This should be changed to Peershares

@Sentinelrv
I’m pretty sure the video MR OKC put up was set to private so only linked people could see it. YouTube just gives a good streaming quality so people can see the video as it’ll look like before it goes up but without having to download it (not like Mediafire…). As long as nobody shares that link, it should be all ok :smiley:

[quote=“Jabun, post:586, topic:2095”]@Sentinelrv
I’m pretty sure the video MR OKC put up was set to private so only linked people could see it. YouTube just gives a good streaming quality so people can see the video as it’ll look like before it goes up but without having to download it (not like Mediafire…). As long as nobody shares that link, it should be all ok :D[/quote]

It was shared on our subreddit, so that’s why I asked.

Oh eep… that’s probably not so good…