Peercoin Slogan Discussion Thread

Secure and Sustainable Crypto Commodity

I don’t really like any of the ones suggested so far. The one we’re using right now sounds better than all of them, but I do understand the need to get away from the currency wording in case governments won’t allow it to be used as such. It’s possible it could go either way, a currency, a commodity or maybe something else all together. We don’t know the future, so maybe the best thing to do would be to leave off the ending completely and just call it a crypto.

“The Secure and Sustainable Crypto”

Doing it this way avoids describing it as being something specific (A commodity, currency or something else). It simply becomes a crypto, whatever that may mean in the future.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:42, topic:1044”]I don’t really like any of the ones suggested so far. The one we’re using right now sounds better than all of them, but I do understand the need to get away from the currency wording in case governments won’t allow it to be used as such. It’s possible it could go either way, a currency, a commodity or maybe something else all together. We don’t know the future, so maybe the best thing to do would be to leave off the ending completely and just call it a crypto.

“The Secure and Sustainable Crypto”

Doing it this way avoids describing it as being something specific (A commodity, currency or something else). It simply becomes a crypto, whatever that may mean in the future.[/quote]

It’s not a bad one, but it’s missing a bit of differentiation in my opinion. Most of the top 10 cryptos are secure (enough). Sustainable is good, but we do have competition in that space (Novacoin). I like to add something along the lines of “reserve” or “savings” to it. The Secure and Sustainable Reserve Crypto. But I admit, it’s not brilliant. Need more thoughts into this, getting late over here now…

I am new here, but like to make a few observations:

1. The word “crypto” is alien to 99% of the public. “Digital currency” may or may not be technically accurate, but it is comprehensible to people outside this community

2. The word “crypto” is also problematic because it is similar to “cryptic”, which is not at all helpful

3. The word “sustainable” is, I am afraid, tainted, as it is one of a number of words that tends to be overused: other examples are “strategic”, “resilient”, “ergonomic”, etc

4. Also, I do not think the word “sustainable” is readily applicable in the minds of the public. We all know what is meant by sustainable forests for the supply of paper, but what is meant by a sustainable digital currency? No doubt there is an explanation, but not one that can be conveyed in a slogan

5. The other word in the current slogan (“secure”) is better, but what currency would not be expected to be secure? It is stating the obvious

I am not yet knowledgeable enough to provide alternatives, but hope the above comments will be taken as constructive criticism. I do, however, support the last poster - the word “savings” is good, as we all want to save

@RobertLoyd Crypto currency is also close to cryptic currency. Crypto is currently somewhat alien, but it is an obvious way of abbreviating things which is very en vogue with the younger generation. And it will differentiate from the others for now.
References from cryptos to digital currency and crypto currency might be banned soon as governments and banks don’t like that and will try to outlaw them.
I’m good with sustainable, most slogans need a bit of teasing in them, so people try to find out what it is about.
I thought briefly about replacing it with savvy, but I somehow don’t like that word related to cryptos.

Tried to work with savings but it doesn’t work really:
Peercoin: Secure sustainable savings (not great)

I think I stick close to what we have and introduce some marketing term e.g.

– The smart, secure and sustainable crypto –

Sounds nice, I think. Smart refers to Sunny’s business rules for Peercoin.

Good to have some feedback and toying around. Who’s is going to make the call what would work best? Will we have another poll on this next week or so?