Peercoin Slogan Discussion Thread

You’re dead on. ‘Sustainability’ is not divisive and is a noble cause. To jump into a divisive fray that certainly can’t be won would be unnecessary and serve only to alienate.

PPC should take the noble road – that’s what sucked me in. If I had heard the gold reference, I would’ve personally avoided it. Or, at the very least it would not have peaked my interest because it would’ve sounded disingenuous. What alt-coin doesn’t want to be digital gold?

The energy efficiency is what brought me here. I can’t speak for others, though, so I try to be open minded when debating and I tend to think out loud.

This doesn’t mean that Peercoin won’t become de facto ‘crypto-gold’ to many in the future…and I sincerely appreciate Sentinelrv for hashing this out. Both green and gold characteristics should be communicated clearly.

Thanks everyone! I’ll swap the words in the graphics and upload new ones for public consumption tomorrow!

Cryptocurrency is long. let’s see what people do with the word as it becomes more widespread. CC has a lot of uses already and could get confusing CC on email. CC in medicine/drugs, CC on women etc etc :-p

Maybe the world will call it C-cur? or C-Curry? Who knows! Looking forward to finding out though!

Very much in favor of the “sustainable” and “secure” switch

CC is short for credit card. Your cc payment is your credit card payment.

When e-commerce first came out as a buzz word, people embraced it. I think cryptocurrency is fine to use for the moment. It can be changed as the industry changes later.

Greetings Peers,

I would like to see any connotations suggesting “currency” or “money” out of the slogan. Giving the news which just came out of China, bitcoin is not to be considered a “currency”. If we want to be successful, in that region and others, why are we trying to promote the resistance? We must reshape the idea of what bitcoin, and Peercoin and Primecoin really are.

Our public must be deeply attached to a cause or mission. Our public is not concerned with GOLD or scarcity. I do not see any value in attempting to glorify peercoin with robust monetary terms because it means nothing to the public. What is our mission and cause?

Our mission is the change the world by uniting people with a sustainable exchange network. We can cause this change by influencing the way our peers think about the exchange of goods and services. History tells a story of when currency was used as the lubrication between goods and services. Today, we will exchange goods and services through data which represents information. As humans, we are incapable of understanding data and do not have the brain power to interpret the information so we can refer to bits and pieces of the data as “coins” as a handicap for our stupidity.

Unfortunately for currency, coins have filed for divorce. A coin now wants to be a term used to identify the personal ownership of data and information. We no longer live by wealth of money but by wealth of information as described by the age we are in.

People are social. Our planet limits our curiosity for one and another by a physical constraint. The peercoin network breaks the physical constraint by allowing everyone, all of our peers, from all over the world to exchange ideas and information as though the planet doesn’t exist. The peer network promotes a generation of intelligent humans who seek to improve the world through a fair, secure, and sustainable system.

With all this in mind, I like a slogan which elicits a little more emotion.

Peercoin - We Change Together

Peercoin - Information Exchange for Friends of Earth

Peercoin - The Human Information Exchange

Peercoin - Because We Can

Peercoin - Information for Everyone

Please don’t make it industrial, please!!!

[quote=“LifeDies, post:25, topic:1044”]With all this in mind, I like a slogan which elicits a little more emotion.

Peercoin - We Change Together
Peercoin - Information Exchange for Friends of Earth
Peercoin - The Human Information Exchange
Peercoin - Because We Can
Peercoin - Information for Everyone[/quote]

Hi LifeDies, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your points of view. I especially liked this part:

As humans, we are incapable of understanding data and do not have the brain power to interpret the information so we can refer to bits and pieces of the data as "coins" as a handicap for our stupidity.

Well said!

However, those slogans you provided for Peercoin appear nothing more that warm fuzzies with no substance. They are too generic and don’t convey any meaning.

I think any of those slogans you provided would be great as a title to an essay or a column, where you explained “why”

But a slogan needs to be simple, catchy, direct, and say as much as it can to put a realization of an idea in someone’s mind.

Any coin could claim “Litecoin - We change together” and it have absolutely no meaning to it as well.

I believe you are on the right track, but you’re not at your destination yet.

Can we take into consideration how what we say translates into other languages?

Non-human, selfish:
Peercoin - the coin that keeps receiving
Peercoin - spend one, get .01 free

Confusing:
Peercoin - we love inflation
Peercoin - Eat Shit!
Peercoin - the more you spend, the better you feel, spend peercoins on every deal!
Peercoin - take one down, pass it around, .01 more peercoin on the block, yo

Human:
Peercoin - share more with friends
Peercoin - decentralized together
Peercoin - spending feels better with peers (this translates nicely I bet)

This one is beginning to grow on me…

Has anyone seen this??

http://gldcoin.com/

Someone is using “The Gold Standard of Digital Currency”…

I’m not attempting to revive a dead issue…

[quote=“monocle, post:29, topic:1044”]Has anyone seen this??

http://gldcoin.com/

Someone is already using “The Gold Standard of Cryptocurrency”…[/quote]

Let them. We found out it wasn’t the best path forward anyway.

Oh, I totally agree. I really like our current tagline.

Just read this thread and it made me think:
Crypto currencies are best abbreviated as cryptos (or maybe crypts, which I personally don’t like)
So Peercoin is a Crypto, right?
Now we need to differentiate from the others and use some emotional bonding without too much technicalities :wink:
Think about about words in the category like smart, professional, premium, exclusive, reputable, confidence, convenient

Combine that with P.E.E.R. and make a smart slogan. Here are a few ideas for the potential words:

A few that would qualify for the P:
P=pan Crypto
or P=popular P=paperless P=penniless P=People P=Perfect P=personal P=plain
P=post P=practical P=preferable P=premium P=prime P=professional P=Providing

A few for the two Es:
E=economic(al) E=exclusive E=efficient

A few for the R
R=Reputable R=ready R=Real R=renewable R=reserve

So play around. I did and liked this one the most:

Peercoin. The Premium Efficient (and) Electronic Reserve crypto

Efficient=green Reserve=backbone currency
Premium= branding Electronic=what it is.

But I’m sure you guys can do even better. Have fun!

Cybnate, great point. We are not a currency. We must re-think as a crypto. Nations will not recognize us as a currency as this commingles with central banking terms.

Peercoin - The Secure and Sustainable Exchange Network

I struggle with cryptocurrency too (too complex, too long and getting more and more controversial/political with governments and banks)

Slogan from one of the previous posters I liked: --How about: “The World’s Sustainable Reserve Cryptocurrency”-- Just take out the Cryptcurrency and replace with Crypto or Crypto network as LifeDies did.

So it becomes: The World’s Sustainable Reserve Crypto Network.

Edit: spelling

“The Gold Standard Cryptocommodity - Sustainable & Secure”

The World’s Cryptographic and Commoditized Gold-Green-Platinum Premium Standard Reserve for Sustainability, Harmony, Good Hopes and Great Greetings.

Peercoin Steady inflation, Steady growth

Peercoin Developed for economists

Peercoin Built for economies

Peercoin The economically viable CryptoCurrency

[quote=“Bagog, post:38, topic:1044”]Peercoin Steady inflation, Steady growth

Peercoin Developed for economists

Peercoin Built for economies

Peercoin The economically viable CryptoCurrency[/quote]

Great track.

Peercoin - Developed by Economists (maybe we can get some Austrians to like our coin)

Peercoin - Developed for Economies
Peercoin - Built for Global Economies
Peercoin - Designed for Friendly Economies

Peercoin - Economy makes cents

Nice find, like that one. Make cents instead of sense. Guess that was deliberate?