Peercoin network map

Hey mably! As a freshly set-up node, I have a question regarding location. I noted that mine is off by a few miles, and I want it to stay that way. Is it on purpose for privacy reasons? If it’s a bug, please implement it as a feature :slight_smile: If not, please consider privacy.

Hi fishb0ne, I’m using the https://freegeoip.net/ web service to geolocate IP (being DDOSed at the moment), don’t think it has a very high accuracy. Most of the IP addresses are geolocated in the center of the corresponding city.

Just remember that as long as you are directly connected to the peercoin network, your IP is publicly available to anyone running a node and that it can be geolocated easily using any of the many ip geolocating services available online.

This is so cool! I can hardly wait to get situated in my new house so I can go full node.

My node hasn’t been on the map for weeks now. I am OK with that. I just wanted to confirm, as long as Peerunity displays more than 8 active connections, it’s guaranteed that it is working as a full node, correct? I average between 30 and 60 connections at any given time.

You can PM me your IP address if you want, I’ll try to add it manually.

Thanks, I know you’ve offered before, I don’t want you to think I am ignoring your kind offer. I am OK with not showing on the map, my post was intended to assure myself I’m still acting as a full node, which it appears that I am based on the number of connections, and to give you a heads up that for whatever reason the site appears to not properly capture active nodes.

Would it be possible to add the ip of the nodes? or is this exposing people a bit too much? mainly i was trying to use this map to add more " addnode= " to the config to try get more connections? Or a list of the most stable and reliable ip’s to conect to?

Fuzzybear