Peercoin.net: Developers

Not everyone knows what OS means, so I would describe it as “operating system”

Regarding NuBits, it is only our assumption that it is designed to solve the problem of volatility in cryptocurrencies. We do not know for sure. If NuBits is included, I would stick to the first two sentences, and remove the third

Jordan confirmed it solves volatility here…

Edit: Obviously we won’t know if it works until it’s released. He seems to talk as if it’s already known though.

[quote=“peerchemist, post:40, topic:2777”]Peerbox is an OS (Operating System). It is a device too, since any device loaded with it becomes the Peerbox.
For sake of not confusing people I think it is best to call it OS.[/quote]

Wow. Interesting to know what you are having in mind.

I have updated OS to Operating System in the text above. I’ll leave the decision on whether or not to include this content up to the community. Thanks for your feedback.

You already know my opinion. I think all our major projects should be listed on this page so outsiders know there is more development going on than just the coin itself.

Chronos

I think it should go in, but for Peerbox I think it would be good if you can add something that Peerchemist is working on, that will be a future development

With regards to NuBits, Sentinel is correct - but I think it is better to say “intended to solve” rather than “designed to solve”.

I’ve added “is currently under active development” to the text, while removing the sentence about plug-and-play. We now have this. Thoughts?

[b]Peerbox[/b] is a secure operating system for minting and running Peercoin nodes, and is currently under active development. It focuses on inexpensive, energy-efficient devices such as the Raspberry Pi, which is compatible with Peercoin's goal of providing an energy efficient cryptocurrency. If ASIC is a term for dedicated and energy efficient mining, then Peerbox is the ASIC of Proof-of-Stake.

Good suggestion. Done.

TWH, if the NuBits logo I posted needs to be a vector image, we’ll need to get in touch with David to see if he has one available. Please let us know.

It would be ideal if it is a vector image, however, if unavailable, this will do just fine.

“NuBits is a to-be-unveiled project”
Since NuBits is now released, this should be updated.

There’s also a button still saying “Get started with Peer4Commit”.

Lovely work on the Peercoin website, everyone involved. Looks excellent! :smiley:

[quote=“jooize, post:50, topic:2777”]“NuBits is a to-be-unveiled project”
Since NuBits is now released, this should be updated.

There’s also a button still saying “Get started with Peer4Commit”.

Lovely work on the Peercoin website, everyone involved. Looks excellent! :D[/quote]
Good spot, I have updated the english version need to get the translators to do the other languages

Fuzzybear