Peercoin Faucet

Hi guys

Before jumping in with big money I wanted to test my client with a few milicoins (?).
The faucet at http://peercoinfaucet.com is empty and has a gigantic backlog.
I’d recommend not to keep the backlog if there are no coins left, since most people will probably forget about it anyway.

Is there another faucet? Couldn’t find a working one over google.

Regards

I’m not sure about other working faucets, but if you happen to have a reddit account with some karma, you can get a tiny amount from the altcointip bot. You can register with the bot and then send it a message with “+redeem ppc”.

Or if you post a PPC address, I’m sure someone would send you a small amount :wink:

Post a Peercoin address below your Hal Finney quote

This allows someone to donate PPC to you if they find your posts helpful

Ok, did that.

If somebody could send me like 0.01 PPC would be nice. I’ll send you some Bitcoins in return.

But still, please modify the faucet and remote the long backlog, for other people :wink:
I think people don’t want to donate when they see a list of 1000+ others getting some coins before potential new people would get some.

i sent you 1 ppc :smiley:

There are: Pending requests (1567).

How can you tell it’s not the same person with diff addresses?

There was a discussion about the problems with the faucet here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2047.0

Thanks a lot! If you give me your Bitcoin address I’ll send you some as return :slight_smile:

@cryptotechguy:
That’s the problem, it’s very difficult. I would reduce the amount you get on the faucet and stop keeping a list if it’s empty.
Also, I’ve requested coins there and after that I saw it’s empty. So now I’m on the list but I already got some coins to test / don’t need any from there.

regarding http://peercoinfaucet.com/ - there has been some discussion this week among super3 , sigmike , and myself about the possibility of reviving the site - see this thread --> http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2047.0

The faucet looks great, to bad its empty :-/

I’m having the same issue, I’d rather not buy into something without testing it first. I’m not looking for a handout. Just a way to generate some free PPC so I can get started.

Why not use testnet then?

I’m just reading up on this thanks for the point in the right direction :slight_smile:

caus we’re noobs and haven’t yet figured out how - is there a good howto somewhere?

It’s quite easy. Do one of the following:

start your ppcoind/peerunityd software with the “-testnet” flag

go to your ppcoin.conf and set “testnet = 1”

If you need testnet coins, you can easily mine them yourself with your cpu or gpu, because the PoW diff is very low.

I can send you some testnet coins if you post your addresses here.

[quote=“willywithcoinnode, post:15, topic:2751”]If you need testnet coins, you can easily mine them yourself with your cpu or gpu, because the PoW diff is very low.

I can send you some testnet coins if you post your addresses here.[/quote]

i guess that raises another question - you seem to be indicating that all peercoin addresses are equivalent - say i post a peercoin address that accepts the “real” coin - i have one that peerunitty created - and this same address is capable of accepting both real and test coins ? or would i need to generate a special testnet address ?

Testnet addresses start with m, sometimes with n

Real net addresses start with P

ok so one would need to generate a separate address that is accepted only on the testnet? it would not do to simply replace the ‘P’ with ‘n’

sry asking dumb questions - im quite unfamiliar with this technology and the peerunity client is installed on another machine so id have to investigate later

[quote=“Mr-Jonze, post:18, topic:2751”]ok so one would need to generate a separate address that is accepted only on the testnet? it would not do to simply replace the ‘P’ with ‘n’

sry asking dumb questions - im quite unfamiliar with this technology and the peerunity client is installed on another machine so id have to investigate later[/quote]

If you start peerunity with -testnet flag, you’ll have a completely fresh wallet only for testnet, so you won’t see your real net addresses there :slight_smile:
It’s separate blockchains with separate wallets.

They are also unique, replacing P with n doesn’t work or rather the coins won’t reach their target.

ok one more dumb question as this is now abit off-topic

how long might it take to mine a test coin - minutes? hours? days?