Peercoin book

I don’t think the front cover needs “THE ALT-ERNATIVE” and “A DECENTRALIZED CRYPTO … BOOK SERIES”

Agreed, there’s WAY too much text on the cover. What we need is simplicity. The title and author, that’s it.

Also, I don’t really see what has changed from the cover on the original post. If I was an outsider browsing books, I most likely would pass it right by because it doesn’t look like it was professionally done. The background looks really bad in my opinion. I’ve never seen the Peercoin logo over green before (only white or dark gray). I don’t think it looks that great, or it could be because it’s not a solid color.

In my opinion I think it just needs a complete redesign with drastically less text. Please take the cover seriously. I guarantee it will make or break your book in terms of sales. People are very superficial and visual appearance and attractiveness matter greatly in choosing whether to make the purchase or not.

Please try contacting my designer, but don’t make the mistake of telling him exactly how it needs to be, or else you’ll remove his creative process and you’ll end up with something as equally bad as this. Also, hopefully I’m not coming off like an ass here. I really am trying to help you get more sales.

Please could someone verify these dates on which PPC was added to the following crypto exchanges:

CryptoCoin 4th of September 2012
BitParking 7th of September 2012
Vircurex 16th of November 2012
BTC-e 6th of April 2013
Bter 24th of April 2013
Cryptsy 23rd of May 2013
Crypto Trade unsure
Coins-e unsure (15th of July is recorded in my research)

Hey Tyke. Check your email. My designer responded to your request with some potential cover designs. He needs you to provide him some feedback. Personally, I like the ones with the blurry background. My favorite is c~1.png. Please let me know if you got my message here, because the designer asked me whether you were going to provide feedback on the designs, thanks.

I am pleased with this cover:

I have had help from a designer I know to design the cover. Thank you for your help. It should no be long before the book is finally published.

I would like some personal statements from yourself and others in the Peercoin community about their experience with Peercoin to date.

Here are the chapters of the main body:

The launch of PPCoin—August 2012
The first exchanges add PPCoin—September 2012
The first (non-exchange) website accepts PPCcoin as payment—October 2012.
Vircurex became the third exchange to trade PPC—November 2012
PPCoin mining difficulty reaches all time high for the year 2012—December 2012
Testing of version 0.3.0 of the release build client—January 2013
Release of version 0.3.0 of the release build client—February 2013
Switch to version 0.3.0 of the release build client—March 2013
Market capitalisation surge—April 2013
Cryptsy exchange and the three forks—May 2013
99Designs logo design contest—June 2013
New Peercoin coin logo—July 2013
Peercoin one year anniversary—August 2013

Hi Tyke,

I think in the February 2013 chapter you should briefly mention Novacoin, the first fork or Peercoin.
Novacoin was heavily instamined and only pre-announced in Russian language on Bitcointalk. Half of the Instamine was later destroyed. Back at the time, there were tension between Novacoin and Peercoin like today between Peercoin and Neucoin, because Novacoin had been added to the popular BTC-E exchange right at launch, while Peercoin was only added later.
Novacoin reached a high market cap during 2013, I think higher than Peercoin during some of the time, I would have to check.

Russian thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114712.0
English thread with Sunny king saying that he didn’t mind competition:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143221.0
Destruction of 110.000 coins by BTC-E:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144158.0

Main differences of Novacoin are that it is more inflationary than Peercoin and that is uses both PoS and PoW for calculating chain weight, i.e. for security. There are still regular updates to the code by the Developer Balthazar, so in retrospect, Novacoin should not be seen as a pure scam, but as a coin in which the developer seeked both his own profit and also longterm success of the coin.

Third fork of Peercoin was then Yacoin in May 2013, and after Yacoin, new Peercoin forks were launched almost weekly.

Disclaimer: I am invested in Novacoin

Chapters from August 2012 to March 2013 add upto 38 pages in the main book body. These pages have been checked and finalised. I am now moving on to finish months April to August 2013.

Chapters from August 2012 to June 2013 add upto 60 pages in the main book body. These pages have been checked and finalised. I am now moving on to finish months July to August 2013.

on the book cover:

beautiful medium green leaves
and right on peerco logo

[quote=“levent, post:71, topic:3294”]on the book cover:

beautiful medium green leaves
and right on peerco logo[/quote]

I am glad you like it. I am currently writing up July 2013, the penultimate month chapter :slight_smile:

Please could prominent members of the Peercoin community write a brief statement on how they thought the first year went and their future expectations.

Could you make another thread with this request? It’s possible some people may not be following this thread closely and don’t know about the request. Also, if you’d like to try and get a comment from Sunny, his email is Sunnyking9999 [at] Gmail.com.

Could you make another thread with this request? It’s possible some people may not be following this thread closely and don’t know about the request. Also, if you’d like to try and get a comment from Sunny, his email is Sunnyking9999 [at] Gmail.com.[/quote]

Thank you. I have created a new topic and will e-mail Sunny soon.

I have confirmed dates of when the following exchanges added Peercoin to their platforms:

CryptoCoin 4th of September 2012
BitParking 7th of September 2012
Vircurex 16th of November 2012
BTC-e 6th of April 2013
Bter 24th of April 2013
Cryptsy 23rd of May 2013
Crypto Trade 28th of May 2013
Coins-e 22nd of June 2013

Here is a snapshot of the pages (not all) that have been written:

[center][/center]

Which title sounds better?

“Peercoin - The First Year History”

or

“Peercoin - A First Year History”

[quote=“Tyke, post:78, topic:3294”]Which title sounds better?

“Peercoin - The First Year Year”

or

“Peercoin - A First Year History”[/quote]

a)

[quote=“Tyke, post:78, topic:3294”]Which title sounds better?

“Peercoin - The First Year Year”

or

“Peercoin - A First Year History”[/quote]

I don’t like the double “year” phrasing in a) and I would have written it the other way for b) “Peercoin - History of the First Year”

Fuzzybear