Peercoin book

You can use Peer4commit: http://peer4commit.com/projects/new

You can use Peer4commit: http://peer4commit.com/projects/new[/quote]

I have followed your recommendation. The project has been posed.

How do I post an image of the proposed cover on peer4commit?

Can you post link to the peer4commit project here?

Peer4commit link: http://peer4commit.com/projects/145

How do I post an image of the proposed cover on peer4commit?

When you edit project desc. you write Markdown. So you can include link on image:

![$img_title]($LINK)

I find it a pity that you decided to split it up into two books.
It’s your right of course if you think it will earn you more money.

I’m still a very big supporter and will definitely buy the first book upon launch :), I just think that for people who are not yet familiar with peercoin, a book that is only about the first year is much less interesting than a book which describes the entire history of peercoin.

Regarding your fundraiser, is there any target balance that could trigger a re-merge into one book?

[quote=“Ötzi, post:46, topic:3294”]I find it a pity that you decided to split it up into two books.
It’s your right of course if you think it will earn you more money.

I’m still a very big supporter and will definitely buy the first book upon launch :), I just think that for people who are not yet familiar with peercoin, a book that is only about the first year is much less interesting than a book which describes the entire history of peercoin.

Regarding your fundraiser, is there any target balance that could trigger a re-merge into one book?[/quote]

The main reason why I have decided to initially write about the first year is due to personal circumstances. I have a full time job which takes about 11 hours of my day (five times per week). I am also writing about other coins. I have committed myself to these projects, but I can only do so much. I hope you understand :smiley:

is there going to be a electronic version of this book?

I am not sure yet. Depends on the format of the paperback version.

Please could those in the Peercoin community who have been extensively involved in this coin write a review on Peercoin’s first year.

All research for the book PEERCOIN “THE ALT-ERNATIVE” A FIRST YEAR HISTORY has now reached the stage at which I can start writing/editing pages from the first day of April.

Looking forward to the book :slight_smile:

A new Facebook Book Group has been created:

https://www.facebook.com/peercoinbook

The full interview transcript between Sunny and Vitalik on the 8th of August 2013 will be in the book. I think it is important to put all in.

In my opinion, the second community interview is the most important, especially the very beginning section where Sunny talks about Peercoin as a backbone currency. That’s foundational stuff…

Hi Tyke!

Yes, there is lots of information in this interview, mostly about Sunny’s intentions with Primecoin, to establish it as a main trading currency to compete first with Litecoin, and ultimately also with Bitcoin. It did not play out, although primecoin once even had its own series of trading pairs on Cryptsy besides Bitcoin and Litecoin, apart from being listed on BTC-E.
I read that interview with Vitalik only a couple days ago when I was browsing through the Chatbox history. It is on the very first pages.

[member=890]Sentinelrv[/member]: I think Tyke’s first book about Peercoin will only cover the first year history, so the community interview would probably not be included for chronoligical reasons.

[quote=“Ötzi, post:56, topic:3294”]Hi Tyke!

Yes, there is lots of information in this interview, mostly about Sunny’s intentions with Primecoin, to establish it as a main trading currency to compete first with Litecoin, and ultimately also with Bitcoin. It did not play out, although primecoin once even had its own series of trading pairs on Cryptsy besides Bitcoin and Litecoin, apart from being listed on BTC-E.
I read that interview with Vitalik only a couple days ago when I was browsing through the Chatbox history. It is on the very first pages.

[member=890]Sentinelrv[/member]: I think Tyke’s first book about Peercoin will only cover the first year history, so the community interview would probably not be included for chronoligical reasons.[/quote]

Thank you. Yes, I am aware of there being a handful of interviews. Only the first interview occurs before the 19th of August 2013.

Currently I am reading through the first draft of the book. Iy won’t be long now until the release date is announced :smiley:

Have you given any thought into having the designer I listed make a better looking cover?

I have still got to contact him :slight_smile: I think I will at the weekend.

New proposed Peercoin book front cover: