This file has been truncated. show original
# PeerAssets on-chain voting protocol specification
- Status: proposed
- Type: new feature
- Start Date: 13-03-2017
- Discussion: (fill me in with link to RFC discussion - shepherd will complete this)
- Related components: 0005-on-chain-voting-transaction-specification.proto
- Author: peerchemist, saeveritt
PeerAssets on-chain voting protocol.
Aim is to deliver a standardized way to organize and operate peer-to-peer voting and opinion polls in fully decentralized and trustless fashion. Both vote and poll initialization and counting must be done in completely decentralized and trustless fashion without dependency on 3rd party services.
Voting is done in two phases, vote initialization (vote_init) and vote casting (vote_cast).
Votes or polls can be started by anyone on the deck by creating vote_init transaction and paying to deck_vote_tag address. This transaction is called vote_init.
Deck clients detect new votes or polls in progress by monitoring deck_vote_init address and participate in them by paying to their respective P2TH derived from vote_init. This transaction is called "vote_cast".
- The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC 2119](http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2119).
- "DECK", "CARD" are used as described in PeerAssets whitepaper.